Physical Education IS Necessary!
Original post made by Julie, Another Pleasanton neighborhood, on Mar 29, 2009
What Researchers Have to Say About
Movement and Cognition:
• Dr. Robert Sylwester: Movement facilitates cognition.
• Eric Jensen: Motor skills are fundamental to learning.
• Howard Gardner: Bodily Kinesthetic is one of eight
• Carla Hannaford: 85% of school-age children are
• Ruby Payne: Most children in poverty seem to rely upon
their kinesthetic abilities to learn.
• Peter Kline: Physical activity increases NR2B protein that
increases memory retention.
• Pat Wolfe: The brain is hardwired for rhyme, rhythm,
movement, and emotion.
• Germund Hesslow (Cerebellum Research) What makes us
move, is also what makes us think.
Good news for downtown Livermore and the performing arts
By Tim Hunt | 3 comments | 1,117 views
November Ballot Prop 2 – Devils or Angels in the Details?
By Tom Cushing | 2 comments | 1,084 views
Any questions for Pleasanton mayoral, council candidates?
By Gina Channell-Allen | 2 comments | 72 views