1. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companiesí profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isnít.
2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
3. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
4. I voted Democrat because Iím way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect myself from murderers and thieves.
5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who canít tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I donít start driving a Prius.
6. I voted Democrat because Iím not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.
8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.
9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
10. I voted Democrat because I think that itís better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.
11. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised ďHOPE AND CHANGEĒ.
12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my butt, itís unlikely that Iíll ever have another point of view."
[posted under crimes & incidents, because what they're doing to the country is criminal!]
Posted by Anonymous, a resident of the Another Pleasanton neighborhood neighborhood, on Apr 10, 2011 at 10:48 pm
From their website: "Vision To America is a division of Christian Worldview Communications, LLC", "It is our Vision to see Americans once again recognize that we are endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights and that this Creator is the God of the Bible."
Yeah, sure "unclehomerr", they sound like a group that would have a grasp of politics. They sound like a group that could understand why a person would vote Democratic. In case you don't understand sarcasm...they sound more like a group that would be like #12. I mean, I'm sure they accept that some people don't even believe in the Bible and that some people see no relationship between religion and politics, right? Oops, there I go again with that sarcasm.
Posted by Another, a resident of the Bonde Ranch neighborhood, on Apr 11, 2011 at 9:23 am
Direct Quote from 'Larry, the cable guy'.
"Even after the Super Bowl victory of the New Orleans Saints, I have noticed a large number of people implying with bad jokes that Cajuns aren't smart. I would like to state for the record that I disagree with that assessment. Anybody that would build a city 5 feet below sea level in a hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a damn genius".
Posted by Sam, a resident of the Oak Hill neighborhood, on Apr 11, 2011 at 9:30 am
Ha, ha. I might have thought that some of the extreme conservatives here might try to quote Voltaire, or Pierce, or Russell, or Kant to back up their arguments. But, no, (once again!) I greatly overestimated their intellectual caliber. Quoting "Larry, the cable guy" is a new low. I didn't know anyone actually saw that movie. And, if they did, I didn't think anyone would actually admit it. Garbage In, Garbage Out.
Posted by Sam, a resident of the Oak Hill neighborhood, on Apr 11, 2011 at 9:36 am
"Every time Republicans have taken control in the past 30 years, we've seen deficits soar."
Yes, an obvious question is: If things were so great when Republicans were in total control just a few years ago (of the White House, Senate, AND the House of Representatives), then how did Obama and other Democrats ever manage to get elected?
The extreme conservatives don't seem to be able to answer that question. They just mumble, look down and shuffle their feet.
Posted by Anonymous, a resident of the Another Pleasanton neighborhood neighborhood, on Apr 11, 2011 at 4:34 pm
Sam, you are correct...the Republicans were doing such a CRAPPY job that we were actually willing to vote in an African American as President!!! And now, conservatives just can't get over that fact so they bash him mercilessly.
Posted by and, a resident of the Downtown neighborhood, on Apr 11, 2011 at 5:10 pm
Barack is doing such a fine job, 57 states or so he said, now 3 wars and growing, gas approaching 5 bucks a gallon, unemployment around 9 percent, 14 trillion in debt, record low housing prices and falling, just completely not up to the job, simple as that.
Posted by independent, a resident of the Another Pleasanton neighborhood neighborhood, on Apr 11, 2011 at 10:38 pm
Too bad the Republicans can't nominate anyone worth voting for. And wasn't it Republicans who voted to bail out all the big banks? Didn't they vote not to reform Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac (yes happened when Republicans controlled the House, Senate, and Presidency). Isn't it the Republicans who talk about balancing the budget, but won't touch Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Defense, or taxes and you can't balance the budget without those? Where are the real candidates?