Posted by Concerned Californian, a resident of the Valley Trails neighborhood, on Mar 14, 2011 at 5:58 pm
Thank you Jerry Brown and Urbane Crapitat! We can't wait for all of the high-density housing and the effect it will have on our public schools, and our low-crime city. Busting housing caps will soon lead to Section 8 which will soon lead to the criminal element "bustin' caps."
Posted by Concerned resident, a resident of the Pheasant Ridge neighborhood, on Mar 16, 2011 at 8:51 pm
The proposed plan of a huge apartment complex (approx 3000 units) near the new Safeway on Valley avenue will have devastating effects.
1. It will ruin the natural preserve that the city has worked to rebuild. A large complex near the freeway will be inconsistent with the beauty of Pleasanton.
2. Adding high density apartments will lower the price of the homes.
3. Schools are already overcrowded and this will lead to further congestion.
4. There is a lack of public transit like Bart close to this site.
5. Traffic congestion in the area and crime will increase.
The deadline to voice concerns is this Friday, March 18th. You can stop this from happening by sending an email to the mayor Jennifer Hosterman firstname.lastname@example.org and Janice Stern email@example.com with the subject : No to site#7 (Pleasanton gateway apartment complex).
Posted by iwastheretoo, a resident of the Another Pleasanton neighborhood neighborhood, on Mar 17, 2011 at 6:18 pm
Concerned resident, please check your facts. Only 10 acres or so was proposed for apartments at this site. At 30 units to the acre that totals 300 units NOT 3,000. Do you understand that the City is under court order to rezone some 70 acres or face huge settlement costs? If you don't want any of it on this site then suggest some other sites that aren't already under consideration!!!