Post a New Topic
Like "Cash for Clunkers"? Here's Obama's "Cash for SENIORS" Program!
Original post made
by James, Castlewood,
on Aug 4, 2009
Tired of going to visiting Mom and Dad in the nursing home when you could be out playing golf instead? Here is Obama's Cash for SENIORS program.
Elements of this are already in the Obamacare program.
Posted by Bush
a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Aug 4, 2009 at 8:39 am
Here we go again!
"Here is Cars.gov. Let's say you go in, if I understand this right I go in and I say, 'I want to turn in my clunker.' The dealer goes to Cars.gov, and then they hit submit transaction. Here it says, 'Privacy Act & Security Statement,' and you're just like, 'Oh, it's the Privacy Act of 1974. Whatever, I agree. Now, this is how bad this system is."
- You don't "understand this right"!!
"However, once the Web operator proceeds beyond that point in the DEALERS SECTION the government has some very frightening language about what authority they have over your computer posted, as Beck reported. Ordinary CONSUMERS wouldn't encounter this warning, but the information contained in the dealer's computers might include theirs."
- This paragraph does not make sense and is poorly written.
- This is a GOVERNMENT program and the application the DEALER submits
is GOVERNMENT property. Tracking cookies are contained in almost every web site across the world by default. The GOVERNMENT should be cautious of the dealers and screen for fraud; however I seriously doubt they "go into the dealers computer" and look around, as it's NOT that easy! The Gov needs a supena and IF there were a suspicion of fraud, the Gov would use the server to look into browsing habits, sites visited etc. The Gov is NOT remotely taking over the computer, the way a software or hardware administrator could or would with authorization.
There is nothing FRIGHTNING about this!
"A warning box comes up, and it says, 'This application provides to the DoT CARS system. When logged on to the CARS system, your computer is considered a federal computer system and it is property of the United States government,'" Beck read. "'Any and all uses of this system and all files on this system may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to authorized CARS, DoT and law enforcement personnel, as well as authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.'"
- Yes? And the point is? RATINGS for Glenn Beck! Period! Again, the rebate forms are for a Government rebate to the dealers and thus a Government Transaction. Of coarse submitting the rebates constitutes the Govs right and obligation that the information be subject to " be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to authorized CARS, DoT and law enforcement personnel".
- Now for the clincher! EVERY document in the Country with a "Privacy Act Disclosure" has the same wording to an extent! ALL information is always subject to disclosure in the case of a Legal Investigation. What's New?
- - I would think that conservatives would INSIST that the Dealers Be Screened for FRAUD in these transactions?
"Good God almighty!" Beck said."
Kimberly Guilfoyle, a legal analyst for Fox News interpreted the language to mean the government has very broad authority over your computer including the ability to seize personal and private information.
- It's the Dealers and the Cash For Cars Application and the Consumer is submitting qualification documents for gods sake! There IS room for FRAUD on the consumers part as well as the dealers part.
"Could it be any more broad or frightening?" Guilfoyle said. "Here you are trying to be a good citizen and make a charitable contribution, do something that's good and guess what they are jumping right inside you, seizing all of your personal and private information and it's absolutely legal Glenn."
- This is so out of context again!
"Guilfoyle also said legally the government can use Web software to track your computer any time they want once you've logged into the site."
Thanks to BUSH, the Government has been lurking in YOUR COMPUTER for many years anyways!
You conservative conspiracy people need to get real and not lower your selves to the level of turning everything around!