Physical Education IS Necessary!
Original post made by Julie, Another Pleasanton neighborhood, on Mar 29, 2009
What Researchers Have to Say About
Movement and Cognition:
• Dr. Robert Sylwester: Movement facilitates cognition.
• Eric Jensen: Motor skills are fundamental to learning.
• Howard Gardner: Bodily Kinesthetic is one of eight
• Carla Hannaford: 85% of school-age children are
• Ruby Payne: Most children in poverty seem to rely upon
their kinesthetic abilities to learn.
• Peter Kline: Physical activity increases NR2B protein that
increases memory retention.
• Pat Wolfe: The brain is hardwired for rhyme, rhythm,
movement, and emotion.
• Germund Hesslow (Cerebellum Research) What makes us
move, is also what makes us think.
'General Lee' banned; political correctness gone too far?
By Gina Channell-Allen | 5 comments | 568 views
When Students Consider Non-Portfolio Design Schools
By Elizabeth LaScala | 2 comments | 433 views
The Dogfather's Annual Fourth of July Plea (cue Scott McKenzie)
By Tom Cushing | 0 comments | 324 views