avalanche of traffic tickets

Original post made by daniel ormonde, Jensen Tract, on Aug 16, 2014

i would like to preface my comment by expressing my respect for the pleasanton police dept, however the number
of traffic tickets being issued for petty issues is over the top. by petty i mean having to wait 20 or 30 seconds before
proceding from a stop sign, give me a break, 2 to 3 mph over the speed limit. sure, running red lights or going
60 in a 25 mph zone, thats a given. i spoke to an out of town vendor at the goodguys show. the guy was smokin
angry. he had been given a ticket for a slow roll at a stop sign for a substancial amount of fine money. a warning
would have been sufficient. smart phone use or cell phone brings on a ticket and it should. the problem is i have
seen PPO using their cell while driving. why should the police get away with that, because they can? what kind of
message does that send teenage drivers?

Posted by William Tell
on Aug 16, 2014 at 4:28 pm

I think the corrupt police union has thumbed its nose at the taxpaying public by giving all Pleasanton cops the right to use cell phones while the rest of us peons are expected to get ticketed and grin and bear it while the cop flaunts his big gun and military apparel. Any Constitutional basis for this? You can bet NOT!!!

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Aug 16, 2014 at 4:38 pm

The PPD that I've met over the years have always be very polite.

[Removed because it was irrelevant]

Posted by Sequoia Sam
a resident of Sycamore Heights
on Aug 16, 2014 at 5:11 pm

[Removed because it was irrelevant]

Posted by Haters gunna hate
on Aug 16, 2014 at 7:52 pm

You said it yourself, he did a slow roll at a STOP sign. It's not a slow roll sign. And of course he says a warning would have been sufficient, most people want a warning for breaking the law. The police in Pleasanton can't catch a break with you people, hate the police because they give tickets to people breaking the law, hate the police for doing nothing to people who break the law. How do they please everyone?

Posted by Damon
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Aug 16, 2014 at 9:55 pm

" by petty i mean having to wait 20 or 30 seconds before
proceding from a stop sign, give me a break, 2 to 3 mph over the speed limit."

Well, you revealed yourself to be a big exaggerator when you talk about having to wait for "20 or 30 seconds" before proceeding from a stop sign. You know very well that that's not true. So when you then say that you were just going "2 to 3 mph" over through a stop sign, I suspect that you are again exaggerating and that you were actually going significantly faster than that through the stop sign. In fact, even going 3 mph - the average walking speed of an adult - through a stop sign is way too fast. Own up to the fact that you deserved that ticket and change your driving style. For the sake of the safety of all of us, I'm glad that the Pleasanton police is on top of things like this.

Posted by Go PPD
on Aug 16, 2014 at 10:06 pm

I LOVE that the PPD issues tickets to people who roll through stop signs. I cannot count the number of times that idiots rolling through the red light at Neal and First have nearly taken me out while in the crosswalk with a walk signal. Add that to the number of morons who are talking on their cell phones while driving and the entitled Pleasanton residents, as well as visitors, need to be smacked around with a few tickets.
I am always happy to see the motorcycle cops sitting on the side street writing tickets to speeders on First St and to those who think the left turn lane is their personal passing lane.
Get a grip -- laws protect all of us. You and your Good Guys buddy are not exempt.

Posted by danel ormonde
a resident of Jensen Tract
on Aug 17, 2014 at 1:13 pm

first off my life couldnt be further from a cell phone and i do have a life. secondly i made a mistake ( god forbid).
it wasnt a slow roll thru a stop sign. it was not stopping long enough at a right on red. i still call that petty. many residents i have spoken directly feel as though its more fine collecting than traffic law enforcement.

Posted by Who Cares
a resident of Amador Estates
on Aug 17, 2014 at 1:37 pm

[Removed because it was irrelevant]

Posted by Map
a resident of Del Prado
on Aug 17, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Thanks PPD for doing a great job!! Getting tired of running the "gauntlet" downtown, nobody stops for pedestrians anymore!! All of you stop sign runners need to read the DMV handbook and maybe re-take your drivers test, quit being in such a hurry the person you're going to hit sooner or later may be me and I won't let you off with just a warning !!!

Posted by Who Cares
a resident of Amador Estates
on Aug 17, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Well Daniel, whoever's address you posted just proves my point about you needing to grow up. How dumb is that?
As Cholo says I rest my case.

Posted by Simple Minds
on Aug 18, 2014 at 10:16 am

I think where the problem comes in, is that the infraction doesn't come close to the reality of the fine. $400 for rolling through a stop sign?

Posted by Local
on Aug 18, 2014 at 11:05 am

I know I have zero patience with texters. I just wonder if Traffic has factored in the additional time, clogging our intersections because of selfish, self-centered, drivers who are not, but are just sitting after the light has turned green because they must reply to their irrelevant text, on our time !!!!! But, we don't matter...it's all about them....just sit and clog up the works.

Posted by Map
a resident of Del Prado
on Aug 18, 2014 at 12:46 pm

"Simple minds" please refer to your DMV handbook and look up stop signs, stop lights, yielding to pedestrians, no mention in there about "rolling through" a stop sign. A $400.00 fine is letting people off too cheap, raise it to $800.00 and make it a ding on their driving record! Slow down in my town before somebody gets hurt.

Posted by Jim
on Aug 18, 2014 at 1:06 pm

And if your kid was stepping out into that crosswalk that this guy rolled through with no intention of actually stopping and saving 2 seconds, would your arguement still be in his favor... Doubt it. Keep up the good work Pleasanton PD

Posted by Truth
a resident of Apperson Ridge
on Aug 19, 2014 at 5:47 pm

[Removed because most of it was inappropriate]

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?