If you were one of the Safeway customers that stopped the hit and run of my car.......

Original post made by LP, Mohr Park, on Aug 9, 2014

This is a note to the multiple customers that stopped a car that backed into my car and tried to flee. Everything happened so quick and it was so chaotic that I didn't have a chance to say thank you to those that stood in the way of the other driver as he tried to flee.

I probably won't ever know who you are, but I thank you. If you hadn't stopped him I never would have known who did the damage because Safeway's parking lot camera is not working. I of course have insurance, but I don't want the claim against my policy since I had nothing to do with the incident and keeping my insurance out of it is possible because the car that hit me was stopped by other customers.

THANK YOU!!!!

Posted by Right
on Aug 9, 2014 at 8:26 am

If you and the other customers had had a firearm, this story might have had a better outcome. Of course if the dastardly culprit who swiped your car had a gun, this might have changed things too. Its for this reason, that I am for open carry policy in this sewer of a liberal state. Lets play the game and let the cards fall. If movie stars, get to be surrounded by guns, why don't we? Its time; to recapture America.

Posted by unknown
on Aug 9, 2014 at 1:16 pm

@LP-it would be considered a hit ad run and your insurance would not go up. it happened to me...

@Right-I agree with you 100%

Posted by liberalism is not a disease
on Aug 9, 2014 at 1:51 pm

You're welcome! I, being a democrat, am always happy to help those in need. You are lucky we were all democrats, if we were republicans we wouldn't have done anything to assist.

Posted by LP
a resident of Mohr Park
on Aug 9, 2014 at 3:20 pm

@unknown:

Thank you so much for the info. I feel much better. Do you mind if I ask you if you had to pay your deductible?

Thanks again.

Posted by Michael Austin
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Aug 9, 2014 at 3:50 pm

@LP:
The other guys insurance will have to pay the deductible.

I had a similar incident, although not hit and run. I was driving into an
empty parking spot next to a car. The lady in the car I was parking next to
opened her door and caught my car in the crease between the front fender and passenger door.

She told her insurance company that she had the door open before I drove my car into the open parking spot next to her. I took digital photos of the damage. The photos clearly indicated it was not my fault. I.E., no damage forward of the passenger door.

I paid deductible initially because her insurance company, Farmers Insurance refused, stating it was my fault.

My insurance Company Ameriprise, (American Express) defended me and I was awarded the deductible refunded to me and Framers Insurance paid the cost of repair.

Posted by melanie
a resident of California Somerset
on Aug 11, 2014 at 11:45 pm

The police record it and so can the other person. Dogpile doesn't know what he is talking about. It's really sad that this is even necessary, but at least most of us now have the tools (a phone with a recorder) to record things when sensing trouble. If it were illegal, every person that has taken video of police brutality where charges were brought against the officer, would have had the evidence of the recording thrown out. Not only is it not thrown out, it is usually the key to the entire case and played over and over in court. If it were illegal, surely the evidence would be inadmissible. In addition, thousands would be arrested for doing this and posting it to youtube. This is actually a good thing because there are officers that don't behave as they should and they know that they are only one recording away from being fired or possibly charged. Any police agency that tried to stop the distribution of such recording would basically be admitting fault.

Good for you LP.

Posted by LP
a resident of Mohr Park
on Aug 12, 2014 at 12:50 am

Illegal? Hardly. In fact I spoke to the Pleasanton a police Chief and a Captain and TOLD THEM OF THE RECORDINGS and not only did they not say a word about my recording them, they actually issued an apology knowing I could really embarrass them. Now why on earth would they do such a thing if I had done anything illegal. Now the apology might have been disingenuous, but I'm pretty sure this would have been handled differently if I had done anything wrong.

And with this recent incident, they heard my phone let off a tone and immediately knew I was recording it. Had it been illegal, I'm pretty sure they would have ordered me to stop.

Look, I'm not claiming to be a lawyer, but I'm not lacking in common sense. You clearly aren't an attorney either and probably live some miserable life that causes you not to have anything else to do then pretend you know what you are talking about hiding behind a computer screen. You are dead wrong.

Posted by Tom F
a resident of Castlewood
on Aug 12, 2014 at 7:21 am

Just be thankful none of your gin and vodka bottles were damaged in the incident.