Pleasantonians Convert Sodded Grass to Sand, Or Should Be Doing So

Original post made by Daddy-O, Bridle Creek, on Jul 27, 2014

Web Link

Global warming is upon us. No more watering of lawns, period. Collective good over selfish, possessive individualism.

Posted by Why am I Saving?
on Jul 27, 2014 at 9:40 am

The City of Pleasanton is the worst abuser of drinking water. They have been watering Lion's Wayside park for SIX HOURS every week to keep it lush and green and even soggy at one end. When asked about this extraordinary waste of drinking water this is their answer:

"We cut back more than the required 25% on our first cycle so now we are using that excess water so that we can cut back only the required minimum."

Excuse me??? You did BETTER than required so that means that now you have the right to WASTE all of that additional water? Next year, or even this year if Brown is fast enough, it could be illegal to waste ANY drinking water on lawns and parks. But never fear, the Friday concerts will be heard while sitting on a tarp to keep your rear ends from getting drenched from that wet and soggy, overwatered lawn.

Nice job Pleasanton, you never fail to act like the leader that you are. Sarcasm emoticon here, please.

Posted by Daddy-O
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Jul 27, 2014 at 9:43 am

So, instead of bellyaching about others' behaviors, have you begun to convert your water guzzling grass to sand? Why not?

Posted by Why am I Saving?
on Jul 27, 2014 at 10:01 am

@ D-O: I have always had drought tolerant yards. I removed my lawns long ago. What are you doing to save water? My last billing cycle was more than 50% less that the previous year. If my logic was the same as the so-called leaders in this town I would now double my use to make sure to save ONLY the required minimum. And I would also spend $200,000 to hire someone to tell you how important it is that YOU save water. Never mind leading by example.

Posted by Daddy-O
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Jul 27, 2014 at 10:37 am

It's good, given your conversion, that you see the logic of putting the common good over your private concern for a green yard.

Still, why do I get the distinct impression that you're more concerned about bashing City Hall than doing more as an individual to help save the planet?

I also converted my yard to drought resistant plants three or four years ago. Other things.... I don't buy Nestle products, especially their bottled tap water in plastic containers, and as a responsible consumer I try not to purchase products from big polluters. I actively have crusaded against fracking in this state. I vote Democratic, as Republicans have shown no awareness of the peril to our planet that global warming has wrought upon us. Also, as Dustin Hoffman urged us: yellow is okay to mellow, brown must be flushed down.

Posted by liberalism is a disease
on Jul 27, 2014 at 6:28 pm

liberalism is a disease is a registered user.

[Removed because it was disrespectful]

Posted by Daddy-O
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Jul 27, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Wow, LSD, you sound like a not very nice person.

I'd recommend you direct yourself to the literature on fracking. Find out how much water it takes to extract natural gas, and then what the water (now polluted) does to the ground water it comes into contact with.

The Dustin Hoffman quote came from a movie. Meet the Parents? Or maybe it was Meet the Fockers. No matter. You really need to lighten up, little guy.

You are close regarding my choice of auto. Drove a Prius until last year when I traded up for a Tesla.

Posted by liberalism is a disease
on Jul 27, 2014 at 8:07 pm

liberalism is a disease is a registered user.

Good for you, d-o. Thanks for confirming my assumption about your use of a washed up actor as one of your examples for how we should manage our 'output'.
Also, thanks for confirming my assertion about your post coming from a liberal elitist. You guys always know what's best for all of us and you are more than willing to send our tax money to some dem good who will try to make us all toe the line you set for all of us. Sounds a little like something your friend Putin would espouse.

Anyway, thanks for your typical condescending response. I'll be expecting my a tesla to be delivered later this week.......thanks again. Doh.

Posted by HA
a resident of Del Prado
on Jul 27, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Why am I saving, I'm with you on this one. Plessnton is all talk and no action. We save so they can use it on all the parks we don't really need. In the begining fire house #3 was a model that Pleasanton was saving water and doing something about it. What a joke, Lawn was dead and plants didn't need water. They planted trees and shrubs.

Posted by Mitch
a resident of another community
on Jul 28, 2014 at 9:39 am

How much water went to washing down the aftermath of the tomato fight?

How much water went into growing the tomatoes for the fight?

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jul 28, 2014 at 12:04 pm

[Removed because it was irrelevant]

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

The valley loses a distinguished and humble leader

My secret identity is revealed!
By Roz Rogoff | 2 comments | 1,204 views