Are the police flying drones at night in Pleasanton?

Original post made by PtownPete, Valley View Elementary School, on Jul 23, 2014

I live in the Birch Creek Terrace townhomes, just south of Arroyo Del Valle, north of Vineyard between First and Bernal. Last Thursday around 11 PM I saw a small UFO in the sky to the northeast. I'm not saying it was an alien spaceship, but it was definitely not a full sized airplane or helicopter.

My guess is it was a drone or a remote control airplane. It was dark so I could only see its lights. It had rapidly flashing red and blue lights and I witnessed it slowly descend vertically and then it ascended, hovered for a while, and then it started making moves and loops like it was on a roller coaster.

I tried to video it but in the dark nothing showed up. I am pretty sure I caught a glimpse of it again around 11 PM earlier this week. It appeared that the drone, remote control airplane, whatever it was, was flying above the area north of Stanley and just east of Valley.

I found the below police drone video on YouTube. It was far enough away that in the dark all I could see were the flashing red and blue lights, but close up I think it would have looked like this:

Web Link

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed it?

+   1 person likes this
Posted by pickle
on Jul 23, 2014 at 2:32 pm

I know that in the Downtown area somebody has a quadcopter type drone/rc aircraft which they like to fly at night quite frequently. The aircraft has similar lights and moves quite fast. I would guess what you saw was something like that. The small drones are becoming more and more common as the prices have come down quite a bit in the past few years.

+   2 people like this
Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jul 23, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Aliens.. must be aliens!!

+   3 people like this
Posted by Adele
a resident of Mission Park
on Jul 24, 2014 at 6:08 am

Cholo, if it IS aliens, you better get your bag packed cause surely they are coming for you!

+   2 people like this
Posted by Rhee Lee
on Jul 24, 2014 at 10:37 am

What's the frequency, Petteth?

+   2 people like this
Posted by watching you
a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Jul 24, 2014 at 10:48 am

And we are watching you for our master in deep space.
He will soon me coming to Ptown to take over.
We come in peace, but you must submit to our ways.

+   1 person likes this
Posted by watching you
a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Jul 24, 2014 at 10:48 am

And we are watching you for our master in deep space.
He will soon me coming to Ptown to take over.
We come in peace, but you must submit to our ways.

+   2 people like this
Posted by PtownPete
a resident of Valley View Elementary School
on Jul 24, 2014 at 11:54 am

PtownPete is a registered user.

Hee hee I am enjoying this dialogue. Rhee Lee: I've possibly seen it three times. Last night I just caught a glimpse of something before it went behind some trees but it wasn't long enough to tell for sure if it was the same thing. I only saw it for sure once between 11 and 11:30 PM. I often bike to work in Sunnyvale and when I do I get up at 5:15, so ideally I'm already past out by 10:30 at the latest.

I'll keep looking though!

+   2 people like this
Posted by pleasanton was nice forty years ago
a resident of Del Prado
on Jul 24, 2014 at 12:39 pm

ptownpete so where do you get your bud at? sounds really strong

+   1 person likes this
Posted by watching you
a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Jul 24, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Galatic Update: after observing the Earth settlement of "Pleasanton" (located at x: 347,897,999 y: 32,190,101 p: 789;45) the Federal Republic of Aliens have come to the decision not to colonize. Our decision not to colonize was due to a lack of water, lack of low income housing, over crowded classrooms and finally because of the wide sidewalks on Main Street.

+   2 people like this
Posted by HAHAHA
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Jul 24, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Pleasanton Weekly, please do not remove the above comment, it is too funny!! I truly do believe aliens are the cause of these weird sightings, not the PPD.

+   1 person likes this
Posted by PtownPete
a resident of Valley View Elementary School
on Jul 24, 2014 at 1:25 pm

PtownPete is a registered user.

Well, there's this: Web Link

+   1 person likes this
Posted by close to earth
a resident of Avila
on Jul 24, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Web Link

+   1 person likes this
Posted by Klaatu Barada Nikto
a resident of another community
on Jul 24, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Web Link

Our own Gort.

+   2 people like this
Posted by Cholo
a resident of Canyon Oaks
on Jul 24, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Bondulu here...NO MERCY...

+   1 person likes this
Posted by Euhhh?
on Jul 24, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Canyon Oaks, Cholo? Moved?

+   1 person likes this
Posted by Noreen
a resident of Ruby Hill
on Oct 25, 2014 at 10:20 am

I had one outside my bedroom window at 4:47 this morning...when I looked out the window it left...do we really need to be watched while we sleep.

+   1 person likes this
Posted by truth
a resident of Apperson Ridge
on Nov 18, 2014 at 7:17 pm

just over your house...time to add another layer of tinfoil to your hat.