Kaitlyn Mary Oefelein, 20

Original post made on Jun 22, 2014

Kaitlyn Mary Oefelein, daughter of Lisa and Joseph Oefelein and a 2012 graduate of Amador Valley High School, died last Tuesday. She was 20 years old.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, June 22, 2014, 10:35 AM

Posted by Eric, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Jun 22, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Kaitlyn was a sweet and generous kid. Always gave a wave and smile. Such an enormous loss.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Jun 22, 2014 at 2:23 pm

May Kaitlyn Rest In Peace.

Posted by Gina Channell-Allen, president of the Pleasanton Weekly
on Jun 22, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Gina Channell-Allen is a registered user.

Kaitlyn was a sweet young woman who will be greatly missed. Prayers for her family and friends.

Posted by Another mom. , a resident of Highland Oaks
on Jun 23, 2014 at 9:10 am

I'm so sorry for the loss. I will keep the family in my thoughts and prayers.

Posted by A mother, a resident of Avila
on Jun 23, 2014 at 9:54 am

Was she ill? It is always so sad to hear of a loss of such a young bright person. Prayers to the family

Posted by Hallie, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Jun 23, 2014 at 10:25 am

I am in shock to hear such sad news. Kaitlyn's brother and my son are good friends. I remember her as a sweet, intelligent girl and we will miss her. My heartfelt sympathies to her family.

Posted by Kathy, a resident of Mission Park
on Jun 23, 2014 at 5:45 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends. Kaitlyn May you Rest in Paradise. You will be missed and loved Always and Forever.

Posted by Gram-ME, a resident of Amador Estates
on Jun 24, 2014 at 8:34 am

From what I understand, she was quite a remarkable young woman.....so, so sad. RIP Kaitlyn. 🙏 As a mother, grandmother my deepest sympathy to her family, friends, acquaintances.

Posted by Neighbor, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 24, 2014 at 8:42 am

The two dates on the article are confusing.. is the memorial tomorrow, 6/25 or was it yesterday?

Posted by Gina Channell-Allen, president of the Pleasanton Weekly
on Jun 24, 2014 at 10:34 am

Gina Channell-Allen is a registered user.

The visitation is from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 25 at Graham-Hitch in Pleasanton.

Posted by Jill Battilega, a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Jun 24, 2014 at 12:34 pm

I had Kaitlyn in class when she was a sophomore. She was a kind, hard-working young woman. I am sorry for your loss.

Posted by A Pleasanton Mom, a resident of Valley Trails
on Jun 24, 2014 at 6:52 pm

There are no words.... So very sorry for you for the loss of your beautiful daughter.

Posted by Walter, a resident of another community
on Jun 25, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Lisa,

So sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family

Posted by wondering, a resident of Stoneridge
on Jun 26, 2014 at 8:36 am

This is so sad.

Posted by community member, a resident of another community
on Jun 26, 2014 at 9:57 am

May you rest in peace sweet girl. Sending the parents and family of this young girl prayers and wishing for them comfort in the joyful memories they have of her.

Posted by Concerned, a resident of Val Vista
on Jun 26, 2014 at 10:17 am

So sad when such a bright, respected young woman is taken too soon.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Preserving Disorder
By Tom Cushing | 72 comments | 2,024 views

The drought drives lawmakers to action

CPRA: Balancing privacy, public's right to know
By Gina Channell-Allen | 1 comment | 61 views