Wondering if Towne Center Books still sells Tales from Swankville...?

Original post made by Student on Jun 8, 2014

I want to see what all the fuss was about a few years back... I unfortunately can't call the shop to see if they still sell it (phone troubles) so, I thought I should ask in the Town Square!

Posted by Daveg, a resident of Birdland
on Jun 8, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Daveg is a registered user.

It's available on Amazon.

Posted by Jerry, a resident of Livermore
on Jun 8, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I'm sure they will order it for you. Great book,easy and funny. It would be a great fake reality show or movie. Fuss? It's non fiction.

Posted by More Tales, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 9, 2014 at 7:04 am

I think it's been serialized and is called the "Pleasanton Weekly"

Posted by JJ, a resident of Downtown
on Aug 15, 2014 at 9:19 am

Towne Center Books will gladly order it for you. It's also available on Amazon or Barnes and Nobles. Great read. It's sold 3,000 copies I've heard. I am a book reviewer.

Posted by Nelson , a resident of Valencia
on Aug 15, 2014 at 12:13 pm

This is the author of the book or her friend or family asking this question hoping to become relevant since all the hype has been over for so long. Nice try. I'm not falling for it and I hope no one else does.

Posted by Miley , a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on Aug 15, 2014 at 2:10 pm

That was the walnut grove community- hmmmmm. Another reason to head over to Alisal

Posted by Reader, a resident of Bordeaux Estates
on Aug 15, 2014 at 2:38 pm

You can get it at the library.

Posted by Siah Freid , a resident of Birdland
on Aug 15, 2014 at 7:46 pm

The book is great, you should really read it.

Posted by A good read , a resident of Del Prado
on Aug 15, 2014 at 7:49 pm

I liked the book. It really uncovered a lot of the truths about good ol' P-town. [Post partially removed because we at the Pleasanton Weekly need to look like we are doing our jobs]

Posted by Keep it Real, a resident of Birdland
on Aug 16, 2014 at 8:13 pm

The person who posted above as "Siah Freid" is someone posing as the author and doesn't even know how to correctly spell her last name. The post should be removed since it is clearly a fake.

Posted by Siah Freid , a resident of Birdland
on Aug 17, 2014 at 1:40 am

No, I know the author of Swanksville is actually Siah Fried. However, I am the one and only great Siah Freid.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.