Goodguys to honor Ford Mustang's 50th anniversary

Original post made on May 27, 2014

One of America's most iconic automobiles, the Ford Mustang celebrated its 50th anniversary earlier this spring and Goodguys will honor the car at its 21st Summer Get-Together Saturday and Sunday at the Pleasanton Fairgrounds.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, May 27, 2014, 7:58 AM

Posted by traffic_jam
a resident of Deer Oaks/Twelve Oaks
on May 27, 2014 at 9:38 am

Nice car show planned for the weekend...now, could someone remind the Ptown police & CHP to provide some traffic control for the event. The past years have resulted in major backups all over the area, from Hopyard/St Marys, Bernal, Foothill, Valley Ave and 680 South of 580.

Posted by Ernie
a resident of Laguna Oaks
on May 27, 2014 at 11:29 am

Hey traffic jam, why don't YOU call up the PD yourself.

Posted by Repeat Offender
on May 27, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Like I said earlier before being censored (disappeared), Mustangs are crappy cars. Slightly more powerful than a Yugo, about as dependable as a Jaguar (one needs a LOT of garage space), the maneuverability of a Humvee, it's a testament to American consumer stupidity.

Posted by Stacee
on May 27, 2014 at 8:45 pm

I agree with Traffic_jam trust me mr Ernie-many of us that live nearby have called the cops numerous times. I live across the street and geez, the jerks that go to the Good Guys think they own the roads and don't have to obey the laws. since when is parking right on a corner or blocking a crosswalk the ok? according to PPD it is. well at least they never ticket these jerks.
Obviously PPD would rather pull over residents that live in P-town for having a cracked windshield rather then issuing parking tickets for blocking crosswalks, fire hydrants etc. I give up. I pay $10k a year in property tax yet I am treated like crap.

Posted by D W
a resident of Livermore
on May 27, 2014 at 9:03 pm

I admit I've never gone to any Goodguys car shows, but I think this one is obviously special. No car is more beloved all time. Worth the experience.

Posted by wow
a resident of Amador Estates
on May 27, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Repeat Offender-wow...talk about someone who obviously knows nothing about cars...do you know how inept you sound? Last I checked a GT500 Mustang made over 100 HP MORE than a Z28 and over 60 more HP than a new Z07 Corvette.(Comment partially removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff as irrelevant to this thread.)

Posted by San Ramon Observer
a resident of San Ramon
on May 31, 2014 at 12:40 am

San Ramon Observer is a registered user.

Hey all you Mustang fanatics (or haters) walk over the the Hall of Commerce, building C, for the non-Mustang indoor exhibit. Lot's of Chevys, a 1936 Jaguar, and a 1973 yellow and black Maverick Grabber (mine) that is 41 years old today.

Roz

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

Prop 46: Two Bridges Too Far
By Tom Cushing | 22 comments | 2,231 views

The valley loses a distinguished and humble leader

My secret identity is revealed!
By Roz Rogoff | 2 comments | 1,195 views