Guy with Baseball bat should just get a "time out"

Original post made by one dead idiot on May 6, 2014

Read the story and other threads (comments locked by the PW)about the guy with an extensive criminal history, on meth, who attacked someone already that day, meets the cops with a baseball bat, hits the cop, swings the bat over his head to -- what -- swat a fly? -- and the cop who justifiably fears for his life shoots the idiot. But our dear sweet Julia Pardini from Alamo, living her sheltered little life, thinks the cop should have talked to him and calmed him down. Oh heck, just give him a time out to think about it.

Three cheers for the officer. One dead scumbag, who clearly needed to be gone. You people who comment that the officer shot him in the back, used excessive force, whatever other stupid thoughts you spew, I truly hope that you meet this guy's twin some night and try to talk him down like you so foolishly think the officer should have done. Or maybe use some Chuck Norris move to disarm him while his meth driven rage take you down. Stupid people, stupid thoughts. That cop deserves a medal.

Posted by William Tell, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 6, 2014 at 7:34 am

People who come here from Oakland better think twice. A lot of people like myself have even less patience then the heroic cops who shot this guy in the back. I'll protect myself and my family from any suspected criminal element that walks or drives through my neighborhood swinging a baseball bat. Ever notice how the guy who gets shot is almost never white? Think about it. When your a cop dealing with the scumbag Oakland element, theres no such thing as excessive force. To me, its like bug extirmanation.

Posted by Jake, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 6, 2014 at 8:20 am

The cops don't deserve a medal, they deserve jail. Totally out of control and untrained. I hope the family brings a lawsuit and presses charges.

Posted by right, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 6, 2014 at 9:08 am

Jake, now that you've lost one more meth customer, it might be time to move on to a more legitimate business. Don't blame the police for doing their jobs. It's tough to clean up the scum.

Posted by Jake, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 6, 2014 at 10:09 am

To "right",

I own a successful, legitimate business in the electronics industry and I've been working in business for 30 years. The police aren't judge, jury, and executioner. They don't get to decide someone is "scum" and execute him.

Maybe next time you complain about public service union employees with their generous pensions and high salaries, maybe the police decide people like you are "scum" and come knocking on your door?

Posted by one dead idiot, a resident of Downtown
on May 6, 2014 at 10:58 am

Jake where do you get off saying that the cop decided anything other than to save his own life and potentially the lives of everyone there? That guy was not even supposed to be at the home. The cop had no preconceived idea about who this mystery man was. The only facts are that a complete idiot on meth struck the cop, drew back to hit him even harder and the officer fired in fear of his own life. And you call that an execution? Idiots all around here. Go back to playing at being a "successful" business owner. Whatever.

Posted by Get the facts, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 6, 2014 at 11:52 am

Jake, I would like to know what you would have done under the circumstances. Remember what the circumstances are: you have just been struck by a metal baseball bat, and the bat wielder has cocked back to swing again. You have maybe half a second, you are in pain, he is on offense and you are on defense. What do you do???

Posted by Damon, a resident of Foothill Knolls
on May 6, 2014 at 11:54 am

I've seen news stories that say that this 18-year old went to Foothill High School. Did anyone know him and what he was like at the high school? I hope that he wasn't showing up on drugs while attending classes.

on May 6, 2014 at 12:29 pm

The death of a teen is indeed a tragic incident.

May he Rest in Peace.

Posted by Surprised, a resident of Birdland
on May 6, 2014 at 2:21 pm

My daughter had him in one of her classes last year and said he was a nice kid. She didn't know him well, but was very surprised to hear how was acting and what he had done.

Drugs...they are a horrible thing. Turns a normal boy into an uncontrollable monster.

Posted by Jake, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 6, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Agree that the drugs must have turned this person into a dangerous, out of control person. I think people, including myself, need to not jump to conclusions over what happened here. Seems to me there could have been more of an effort to use non-deadly force, like a stun gun, in this instance. There was a good article in the Valley Times recently that the majority of police are untrained in how to deal with the mentally ill.

Sometimes the threat of prosecutions and lawsuits are the best way to get the ball rolling.

Posted by Get the facts, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 6, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Jake, please look at my previous post, and answer my question: what would you have done?

Posted by William Tell, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 6, 2014 at 3:21 pm

I'd have shot the idiot 4X in the back, and then I would of capped him in the head just for good measure. Statistics show that baseball bats are among the most deadly weapons out there. We expect these kinds of monsters to live in Oakland. But here in Pleasanton our police are right to extinguish this vermin on the spot.

Posted by Sal, a resident of Downtown
on May 6, 2014 at 3:38 pm

William Tell,

I see, so all the "scum" comes from Oakland. Never mind that the worst crimes in Pleasanton were perpetrated by Pleasanton residents. We have plenty of homegrown "scum" right here in town.

Ever heard of Cody Hall? How about the mom that shot herself and her daughter? How about the guy that killed his parents near Castlewood to settle a gambling debt? Maybe you missed these facts because you were too busy watching Fox New and posting under different names.

on May 6, 2014 at 4:09 pm

I would never shoot a teen in the back or in the head. Hopefully there will be additional training for the PPD. I've always admired the PPD so I have no intention of saying anything inappropriate about them.

Hopefully the case and the action taken will be thoroughly reviewed and additional training will follow. A judgement call can have tragic consequences.

May he Rest In Peace.

very tragic indeed...

Posted by Jake, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 6, 2014 at 4:35 pm

To "GTF",

When dealing with a mentally ill person, it behooves the officer not to put himself in such a position in the first place. In that case, start with negotiation, stun guns or other non-lethal measures, and only as a last resort use deadly force.

Posted by Right, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 6, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Jake, please tell me you are not as naive as you sound. Or, possibly just being a contrarian to common sense?
In any case, you can certainly generate posts in reply to your stance that the police are always at fault when faced with unprovoked deadly force.
Your assumption that this drug abuser was mentally ill is specious, at best. But, let's say in your professional opinion as a successful LED watch salesman, that you can tell what mental illness looks like without the benefit of his parents, teachers, or counselors input. His major fault was no doubt his inability to control his drug habit and his inability to make rational decisions.
So, in your expert opinion, does that excuse his vicious, unprovoked attack on the officer responding to the disturbance call? He could have very easily killed someone else had the office not intervened. That's why the call came in in the first place.

I believe bleeding hearts with no basis in reality should be brought in to answer domestic disturbance calls like this, since you assume only the best intentions on this dead perp's part. Then, maybe when things don't work out like you planned, the coroner can help you out. You really should get out I the real world more....your approach to domestic violence issues sounds disturbingly like obamas foreign policy follies. The world is not like you imagine it.

Posted by Jake, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 6, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Police are always at fault? I never said that.

Did you read that article in the Valley Times? It answers most of your questions.

Web Link

on May 6, 2014 at 6:10 pm

There are many different opinions about what happened to the youth that died. I think that Jake's opinion is reasonable. I don't believe that he's naive and I don't believe that he comes across as a bleeding heart. It's quite healthy and makes sense for folks to post different perceptions on this blog.

I have no need to view Jake's opinions as
unreasonable and incidentally NOBODY controls a drug "habit" or rather addiction. Brain chemistry tells a different story about addictions and it's clearly not all about control.

Thanks Jake for your reasonable posts!

signed

Cholo Pololo Mololo

tee hee...

on May 6, 2014 at 6:33 pm

When an individuals is toxic as a result of alcohol/drug use/abuse it's known that their ability to make rational decisions is inhibited.

on May 6, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Correction: When an individuals brain is toxic as a result of alcohol/drug use/abuse it's understandable that their ability to make rational decisions is inhibited.

Posted by Get the facts, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 6, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Jake, your web link is an interesting choice, since it has nothing to do with this incident.

So, Jake, you are a cop, holding a gun at the suspect, which for most people would be enough to get them to freeze. But not this poor young man, he instead hits the officer (you) with the bat on the hand holding the gun. He then rears back to swing again. Jake, you are holding your gun in your injured hand, and you have half a second (if you are lucky) to do something. Jake, what do you do?

Posted by Jake, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 6, 2014 at 8:44 pm

"So, Jake, you are a cop, holding a gun at the suspect..."

Try holding a stun gun instead. Think about it.

Posted by liberalism is a disease, a resident of Birdland
on May 7, 2014 at 8:18 am

liberalism is a disease is a registered user.

Jake, my understanding is that Dublin police are not issued tasers, but I think it would be a good thing for you to advocate. In any case, they don't always work against drug crazed psychopaths bent on killing cops, especially one's sky high on meth.

on May 7, 2014 at 8:35 am

What exactly is a psychopath? Bent on killing cops?

libby has a VERY dramatic style...tee hee hee

How can a person who is "sky high on meth" be "bent on killing cops"?

pleece esplain...i rest my case

Posted by Linda, a resident of Val Vista
on May 7, 2014 at 9:29 am

JAKE--- the young man threatened to EAT a friend earlier in the day and was covered in BLOOD... Another case of too many rights for the criminal and blaming the authorities. This kid chose to take METH which turned him into a MONSTER. It was his personal choice and we all have consequences to our choices good and bad. My brother died from a drug overdose and I'll be the first to say--that was his choice. Put the blame in the right place. Had he EATEN someone that day we'd be saying "where were the cops".

Posted by Sunshine, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 7, 2014 at 9:56 am

Thanks, Linda, for some sanity! If this kids mother ends up suing the police/city of Dublin of his death it would be really ironic since the mother is the one he was threatening. The police were called because the family friend was afraid for the mother's life! Had the police not come, she would probably be dead.

on May 7, 2014 at 10:49 am

i think that a certain person chooses to shoot from the hip because she hasn't resolved her distortions about how her brother died...you've chosen not to resolve your conflicts and that may be the reason you have must live with such angst. all it takes is this kind of incident for it all to come flooding out and overwhelming you...again and again and again. tragic indeed. it's simple...let go and let G_d and maybe you will find a nice bit of peace.

clearly another person has been dragged in from the sidelines...a bleeding heart and most likely a person who knows little to nothing about actual police work...how sad and sorry for her...

i'm the kind of person who appreciates the PPD and I'm grateful for their presence and daily hard work. what happened was terrible. i sure hope that a few folks who are angry can find their balance and get back in step.

Posted by Linda, a resident of Val Vista
on May 7, 2014 at 11:02 am

Cho-low--- i don't know what you could possibly be talking about but I am CRYSTAL clear about how my brother died and have NO distortions.... He chose to live a drug fueled life and suffered the consequences. I simply expressed my thoughts that the police handled this in the appropriate manner and you are simply a crazy person. Move on.

on May 7, 2014 at 11:05 am

On another note there are several posters on this thread who often snipe at the PPD and the Fire Department because they believe that they get paid too much. NOT!

If it were not for the PPD and the Fire Department the Plutonia that some of you brag about would be a shambles. Most registered voters/residents have only a sketchy idea of what the actual duties/multiple responsibilities are of the PPD and Fire Department.

Were the PPD and the Fire Department not in place your limited little worlds would not be SAFE nor SANE.

VIVA THE PPD! VIVA THE FIRE DEPARTMENT! GORA! VIVA!

on May 7, 2014 at 11:09 am

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if somebody is unknowingly confessing that she enjoys "CRYSTAL"...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

It takes what it takes to find the kind of help that some posters need to overcome their inner struggles...

i rest my case...

ALERT: "CRYSTAL" as in "METH"...BUSTED!

Posted by Linda, a resident of Val Vista
on May 7, 2014 at 11:12 am

P.S. to Cholow---- My son is a current Senior at Foothill, so I'm not coming in from the sidelines. This is my last response to you, ever, cause you are nuts.

on May 7, 2014 at 11:18 am

What I've learned over the decades is that some folks make a cry for help in strange and mysterious ways.

If somebody needs a referral please just ask and I'll do my best to make a referral. It takes what it takes to be safe and sane!

Better to be safe and sane than sorry...i rest my case

ps wisdom rules..tee hee hee

Posted by MOm, a resident of Happy Valley
on May 7, 2014 at 11:20 am

William tell:

As for your crime statistics, the jerk that killed his patents in castlewood was NOT a Pleasanton resident. Do you remember the girl dumped on the side of the road (RIP) in a trash can? Well her killer wasn't from here either. So you are absolutely incorrect about Pleasanton producing its own criminals. If you read the site "lical crime news " I'd say 60 to 70% of arrests in Pleasanton were from out of town.

So you're saying the copy wasn't the judge and jury by using his weapon, but somehow the tweaked who used his weapon was the judge and jury and that's okay? I don't necessarily love cops , but this one didn't have a choice from what I've read. It's funny that in the same post you say you shouldn't judge you then once again judge the cop. This pooran is going to have to live with this for the rest of his life. Justified? Yes. Will the cop carry this for life as a mental sentence for what he had to do? Yes.

Posted by Kim, a resident of Happy Valley
on May 7, 2014 at 11:22 am

SORRY,Y COMMENTS WERE FOR SAL. WILLIAM, YOU AND I ARE ON THE SAME PAGE.

on May 7, 2014 at 11:41 am

One doesn't need to "necessarily love cops" to be a reasonable person.

I sure hope that the police officer finds the help that he may need in order to return to work and have a productive and long satisfying life.

War is about killing. I'm curious why so many Plutonians support wars knowing that American soldiers and other innocent people are killed?

it is always sad when somebody is killed...

Posted by William Tell, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 7, 2014 at 12:44 pm

I'm glad Mom, or Kim, or any of the other dozen or so names he/she has used here, is on the same page as me. We should gate up our community and post armed guards to prevent the vermin from attacking us with their fierce looks, black Cadillacs and baseball bats. It wouldn't be that difficult. Why do we have to allow ourselves to be annecksed by Oakland's criminal element? I'm tired of seeing nothing but Mexican last names and first names like LeBronton every time I read about our community being invaded.

on May 7, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Be patient...there's more on the way!

There is no way that the USA will ever be able to limit the numbers of "illegals" that enter/remain in the good ole USA!

VIVA AMERICA! VIVA!

ps some residents simply come 'n go as they pleeeeze...thank you very much!

tee hee...admit that Plutonians have NO CONTROL over who actually lives in AMERICA! VIVA!

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.