80,000 expected at Goodguys car show this weekend

Original post made on Mar 25, 2014

As many as 80,000 fans are expected this weekend for the All American Get-Together by the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 7:55 AM

Posted by Henry, a resident of Dublin
on Mar 25, 2014 at 8:16 am

Looking forward to the show this weekend. Also check out the City of Dublin's Community Car Show on Saturday, May 3rd at the Dublin Heritage Park and Museum from 10am to 2pm.

Web Link

Posted by San Ramon Observer, a resident of San Ramon
on Mar 25, 2014 at 11:58 am

San Ramon Observer is a registered user.

Henry,

I will check out the Dublin Community Car Show. I didn't know Dublin had one. Is it only open to cars from Dublin? I'm from San Ramon.

Last year the March Good-Guys was so packed with cars I couldn't find a decent place to put my 1973 Maverick Grabber. I'm preregistered so I can enter before 8 am, and I will this time to make sure I get my favorite spot near the parking lot entrance to the Fairgrounds. That way I get to see all of the rods and oldies coming after 8.

It might rain this weekend, which would put a damper on attendance! I think it rained in 2011 and it was easy to find a good spot to show my Mav but hardly worth staying after a couple of hours of drissel.

Roz

Posted by San Ramon Observer, a resident of San Ramon
on Mar 25, 2014 at 12:00 pm

San Ramon Observer is a registered user.

oops, I meant drizzle. Sorry about that.

Roz

Posted by Stella, a resident of Downtown
on Mar 25, 2014 at 5:04 pm

I wish the city of P-town would ban all parking on the neighboring streets across from the grounds during the Good Guys events. they do for the fair so what's the problem.

Posted by resident, a resident of Downtown
on Mar 25, 2014 at 9:52 pm

for Stella: try living downtown near the Friday night concerts. The idiots park across driveways, in driveways and even try to set up their blankets on our lawns! No accounting for the rudeness and entitled attitudes of our fellow Pleasantonians.

Posted by Stella, a resident of Downtown
on Mar 26, 2014 at 3:35 pm

to resident-it happens here too blocking driveways etc and remember our streets over here are much narrower then by the park. can barely drive down the street with cars jammed on both sides. how a fire truck can make a safe turn at the corner of W. Angela and harrison without taking out at least 5 cars during the Good Guys is beyond belief.

my driveway and the fire hydrant in front of my house is constantly blocked yet the police won't come out and ticket the cars in the red zone at the hydrant.

Posted by resident, a resident of Downtown
on Mar 26, 2014 at 8:57 pm

For Stella -- take a picture of the cars in the red zone and any blocking the hydrant, include the license plate. Email them to the city council noting the time of your call to the PD business line asking for assistance. If a car blocks the hydrant contact the fire chief and tell him that no police enforcement is being made. You can stop that. I did and it works.
The last idiot who parked IN my driveway found out the hard way how to lose his car for about a week. I parked my car behind his, blocking him in the driveway where he had no business parking in the first place. When he tried to leave I told him that I had no plans to move that car for the next week. A*****e just about died and there was not one single thing that he could do about it.

Posted by rich, a resident of Foothill Place
on Mar 27, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Rain or Shine stop by booth R-58 to find 100's of vintage style advertising metal signs for your garage to include: Hot Rod, rat rod, muscle car, VW, Harley and Indian motorcycle, gas and oil, Ford, Deuce, Shelby, Chevy, Buick, Cad, Pontiac, Woodie surfing cars, trucks, autos and more. Plus ton of diecast model cars and Lego figures.

Posted by downtown Julie, a resident of Downtown
on Mar 27, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Rain or Shine, please don't be a cheap skate and pay the $8.00 for parking.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.