Kick Swalwell out, he Won't help with these phone calls

Original post made by do not call list worthless on Feb 25, 2014

I have been on the do not call list since nearly day one. I have just gotten the 4th call so far today from people violating the law. I have talked several times with Swalwell's office and the comment I got was "gosh, those calls are really annoying, sure wish we could do something". Well, you can you idiots! There is a law that is violated every time someone make those calls. So answer this -- why is Swalwell unwilling to make any effort at all to get the law enforced?

Posted by first world problems, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Feb 25, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Everybody in the entire country has this problem with calls from telemarketers. You think that this is what Smallwell should somehow be fixing? How out of touch with reality are you? If this is your biggest problem than you have it pretty good. People are out of work, struggling to feed their children, foreclosing on their homes.....yet Smallwell needs to do something about those crushing telemarketers! Put the phone down, leave your house, and get a life.

Posted by Care O'Drama, a resident of Dublin
on Feb 25, 2014 at 2:30 pm

I don't see him working on much of anything else either. My health care costs have skyrocketed since ES took office but when I contacted his office with concerns about why the new .gov program was more expensive than the COBRA I had prior the response was alarmingly similar to what the original poster received.

Pretty much I see an elected official that's taking jobs away from people when he pretends to be a drive through barista. Did anybody elect him to serve coffee?

Posted by do not call list worthless, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Feb 25, 2014 at 2:37 pm

How nice of you FWP to tell me about what should be my concerns. It happens that I am presently working THREE jobs to try to make ends meet. My phone woke me each time from sleep when people who should be fined ignored my DNC preference. Oh, and don't bother to tell me to turn off my phone while sleeping. My 80 yr old mother is in the hospital and I need to be available 24/7 in case she needs my help.
Take care of your own business before you pretend to know how the rest of us should live. It happens to be very serious when these calls come all day every day and I am not able to get any sleep.

Posted by Jack, a resident of Downtown
on Feb 25, 2014 at 2:52 pm

I have seen Swalwell around, and been aware of his representation, more in the last two years than the previous 20+ years of Pete Starků

Posted by Sad But True, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Feb 25, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Yes, yes, yes!!!! I know most of the people who claimed on FOX News that their insurance rates have gone up because of the ACA (Obamacare) have been proven to be liars, I'm NOT lying when I tell you that my premiums jumped 6000%. Sometimes I think me and Ted Nugent are the only truthtellers left in this country!!!!! (Comment partially removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff)

Posted by huh?, a resident of Bonde Ranch
on Feb 27, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Probably because he is involved in them himself. I just received a robo call from Stalwell himself this morning asking that I join his Townhall by phone. Isn't it odd that a Townhall is supposed to be in front of the people and he wants to do it by phone. Just another politician who is worthless.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.