County's jobless rate drops by 1 percent

Original post made on Dec 22, 2013

Unemployment rates continued to drop in California and in the Bay Area in November with Alameda County down 1% to 6.8%, according to state jobs data released Friday.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Saturday, December 21, 2013, 1:30 PM

Posted by chesapeake charlie
on Dec 22, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Appears Dem policies are finally kicking in. Thank God for Obama and his daring use of stimulus to get things on track. ACA will be a real benefit to economy too! Remove Republican obstructionism and we'd have unemployment down to 5 percent.

Posted by sam
on Dec 23, 2013 at 9:09 am

No way thier is unemployment that benifits ran out or didnt qualify.
obama he is the worst president ever our deficit is the highest ever.

Posted by Factually, Actually
on Dec 23, 2013 at 9:55 am

We're still heavily burdened with UNDERemployment, and Short-term employment...SO massive, it appears to be the new order. Obama used the term 'income gap' in a speech recently...Well, it's HIS GAP. That gap gets wider as the MIDDLE-class is being systematically eliminated. They are slipping into the lower-class with their underemployment, and just one having a PERM, FULL-time job, when they use to be two full-timers.
I must have missed all of chesepeake's comments on last year's horrible numbers. Ironically, the only tiny improvement was the last report right BEFORE 2012 elections(remembering Obama's "7% and I won't be REelected" comment 3 years earlier. Two months after 2012 election that Unemployment report was quietly 'corrected' UPward!!!! M A N I P U L A T I O N ? ya think?

Posted by straight
on Dec 23, 2013 at 10:15 am

You're correct Charlie , finally after tea party government shutdowns and threats, the gop attacks on woman's health and complete lack of governing, things are looking up in California. Keep up the good work Jerry!

Posted by Factually, Actually
on Dec 23, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Union OWNED Jerry, has done nothing to permanently FIX the unions, which HE permanently CREATED 35 years ago. Integrity would call for 'him' being THE one who could correct the problems. The union greed has stolen from the rest of struggling middle-class, which is a major contributor to the SHRINKING of the remaining middle-class in CA. CA has Super rich Hollywood and tech at the top. Then shrinking middle as many fall into growing welfare on a dozens of different education, food, housing programs...now adding obamacare, covered CA insurance, SUBSIDY (taxpayer paid) programs... on, and on with expanding lower-class.

Posted by Shannon
a resident of Del Prado
on Dec 27, 2013 at 9:09 am

Here is my personal opinion because the unemployment directly impacts me. I am unemployed and have been for almost 12 months. Searching constantly...I submitted my unemployment claim as normal end of November, I have yet to receive my insurance benefit. There is no number to call everything is automated cannot speak to a live person. So have no idea if they received my claim or not. With that said, I have faxed them, filed a question online several times with no response. I may not be the only one is this situation which would cause the numbers of those collecting benefits to drop. It could be a computer malfuction or it could be deliberate to enhance the numbers. Furthermore they will no longer be extending the benefits so if I am still unemployed in January I will no longer receive benefits.