Stoneridge Drive to Livermore

Original post made by Edward on Nov 30, 2013

How is the Stoneridge Drive extension to Livermore working out? When it opened there was lots of whining and gnashing of teeth. I haven't heard a word since.

Posted by Shopper, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Nov 30, 2013 at 10:55 pm

I took the Stoneridge extension to the Outlets at 8am Friday, and just smoothly sailed right along. It took me LONGER to find a space in the lot than it did going from my home to the outlet entrance.

Posted by 40 years in pleasanton, a resident of Stoneridge
on Dec 1, 2013 at 11:22 am

I am concerned that if there is a problem on the freeways that traffic will be rerouted onto Stoneridge Dr. to bypass the problem. It is dangerous enough now to try to get home taking Foothill Rd. with all the holiday shoppers thinking that they have to cross three lanes of traffic to get into the first entrance of the mall off 580 and to use Stoneridge Dr. off 680 when holiday shoppers line up on the freeway to use that exit. If more traffic is put on Stoneridge, how is a Stoneridge resident suppose to get home safely and in a reasonable amount of time?

Posted by Shopper, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Dec 1, 2013 at 11:52 am

You've got me! I've only been a resident and homeowner for 39 years. Was the situation different this Black Friday, or yesterday compared to previous years?? I think not. I gather you live in the Foothill area, not Santa Rita.
Since you live West, Do you realize how just many lights are in Hacienda???
Living in the Santa Rita area, I can say, this last decade time has multiplied many times over just to get through Hacienda mid-day, to S Mall any ordinary M-F !! So to your Foothill concerns, those Hacienda light delays more than take care of anything to the East and beyond.

Posted by looking, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Dec 1, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Wow the sky didn't fall after all

Posted by digitalFlack, a resident of Stoneridge
on Dec 2, 2013 at 8:29 am

digitalFlack is a registered user.

Too early to make any comment on Stoneridge, none of the GPS systems show the route open and there seems to be little extra traffic due to the short time its been open.

Black Friday the Eastbound traffic block on I580 stretched from Santa Rita to El Charo and into the mall. Next year their GPS will show the alternative route in and out.

I live in Stoneridge, frankly it is more convenient to exit Pleasantown Eastbound on Stoneridge than waiting on Santa Rita to get onto I580.

One laugher, the city 'promised' to throttle traffic over the Stoneridge bridge for a year from two lanes to one in each direction, sort of a break in and observation period. The implication was certainly that one side of the bridge would be used during that period. When that appeared difficult the city just put some inexplicable lane striping in an unexpected curve onto the bridge, once across the bridge the striping expands.... did the city ever really plan the throttle?

My unchanged position: Stoneridge was designed to go through for regional traffic before the houses were built, so that part is done. We'll probably get some extra traffic burden for a few years until Dublin Blvd is pushed out to Airport, Route 84 is expanded to four lanes between I580 and I680, and eventually El Charo is opened down to Stanley.... that will be the final regional traffic circulation. Hope I'm around to see it!

JF

Posted by Cindy, a resident of Danbury Park
on Dec 2, 2013 at 9:10 am

OMG the dangers, the perils, the noise, the honking, the beeping, the unruly traffic, the bumper to bumper standstill, the litter, the danger for pedestrians, the pollution, oh, wait a minute, I must be on the wrong street! I was on Stoneridge going to Livermore, it was me & 2 other cars. [removed]

Posted by Todumcom, a resident of Mohr Elementary School
on Dec 2, 2013 at 10:51 am

[removed]

There has been a large increase in traffic in the AM & PM commutes cutting across and it will increase as more people find out about the cut across.

Posted by Luke, a resident of Stoneridge
on Dec 2, 2013 at 10:54 am

I live off of Stoneridge drive and I was concerned that the additional taffic would create a lot of noise for us. Well I'm glad to say there is no additional noise. Im really happy with the extension and see it as a positive. The city really did a good job making sure that all the neighhood concerns were addressed. We got a nice sound wall , sound abatement pavement , well lit streets , and a beautiful new tennis park. Additionally, when I drive to Ruby Hill, I no longer need to go Santa Rita-Valley Dr. I'm sure the neighbors appreciate that !

Posted by Susan, a resident of Val Vista
on Dec 2, 2013 at 7:33 pm

I love it! My mother is in the new Stoneridge Creek Retirement community and it's so easy to jump on Stoneridge to see her. Couldn't be happier!

Posted by Glenda, a resident of Livermore
on Dec 2, 2013 at 9:09 pm

It is wonderful to be able to come from the shopping mall in Pleasanton to Livermore. Used the new addition Sunday was the only car on the road. We love it.

Posted by Joyce, a resident of Mohr Park
on Dec 5, 2013 at 7:43 am

I think the new extension is wonderful. You can get to the Outlets and Livermore much easier. Have seen very little traffic. It may build up but probably not as much as the whiners and crybabies think. This has been in the plan for years. You shouldn't have purchased a house near it if you were concerned about it.

Posted by Rob, a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Jan 14, 2014 at 11:07 am

Now that the holidays are over and we have had lots of 580 backups how is the Stoneridge extension working out. Have there been lots of backups and accidents as predicted by all the nimbys, naysayers and whiners even though it was in the city plan.

Posted by Lessismore , a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Jan 14, 2014 at 12:27 pm

There has been an increase in traffic in the AM & PM commutes cutting across and it will increase as more people find out about the cut across. last Friday was the worst with an accident on 580.
There were a number of tractor trailers cut down across. The road is not be updated to GPS yet.

So I would say the worst is yet to come.

For those calling us whiners. What is your problem? I agree the road had to be built. But the people who live in the area have very right to be concerned. Why let's see 3 parks and 2 schools and lots of kids.

Posted by tax dollars, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jan 15, 2014 at 9:50 am

So we built a four lane bridge and narrowed it to just two lanes? What we won't do for our stoneridge friends. Cant we just get over it? the extension is wonderful and needed. No future problems.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.