Two cited for tobacco sales to minors

Original post made on Nov 30, 2013

Two local stores have been cited for selling tobacco to minors in an decoy operation conducted by Pleasanton police and the Alameda County Public Health Department.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, November 28, 2013, 7:24 AM

Posted by Tax Payer, a resident of Stoneridge
on Nov 30, 2013 at 11:30 am

Is selling cigarettes or liquor to minors a major problem in Pleasanton? I certainly understand the need for enforcement of the laws, but how much time, energy and tax resources are being allocated to this sting operation. I feel for some of these small businesses, trying hard to make a living and having to now deal with fines and legal defense of their liquor licenses. It seems like a warning or some type of reminder to businesses would be more appropriate.

Posted by Burt, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Nov 30, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I agree with tax payer. I'd like to see more done about getting some of the drivers under more control who thing our roads are the Indianapolis 500, and the the rules of the road don't apply to them.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Nov 30, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Also, Thank you PPD for a job well done!

Posted by Right, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Nov 30, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Don't get me wrong, I hate these snot- nosed hoodlums, all the offspring of Pleasanton's liberal loon "parents", who smoke their cigarettes and leave their filthy butts on my front sidewalk. But all children should not have to submit to the Nanny state which attempts to take away our freedoms to burn baby burn, drink and drive, and sell cigarettes and other contraband items to free individual teens who I personally detest with a passion. Don't bother contacting the local overpaid police. I've tried several times, trying to get the teens removed from our Downtown. They never show up. Only if you try to pollute your neighbors' (god I HATE them) air do they make an appearance.

Posted by Right, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Dec 2, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Too much hate from Cholo. You have a lot of crust directing your liberal vitriall at me. Instead of calling me names, try reading my response carefully and note how one should go about carefully analyzing a complex issue. Meanwhile, I see none of the overpaid public workers have attempted to get the snotnosed smokers off my front sidewalk.

Posted by math checker, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Dec 3, 2013 at 9:43 am

Anyone look at the math on this article? Here is the quote, "Of the 41 businesses visited Tuesday, four were closed and 39 complied with the law." 39+4=41? How about 43 stores visited?

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.