SAVE JON VRANESH!!!!

Original post made by Save Jon Vranesh! on Nov 22, 2013

Anyone heard any news about Jon Vranesh? I've heard that numerous teachers have come out in support of him and are voicing their opinions to the district.

Parents - WE CANNOT LET THIS GO!!! The district needs to know that just because we've been quiet for the last week, we are still VERY concerned about Jon.

WE NEED TO MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD!!! If you haven't, send an email or to the Board and Superintendent Ahmadi. It is important that you take the time to support a man who has been a positive influence on this school community.

Posted by WG, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on Nov 22, 2013 at 4:54 pm

My child came home yesterday with the news that yet again another principal was being introduced to them. I am very upset, again as a parent I was the last to find out. After calling around I found out that Superintendent Ahmadi had only put something in the school paper, the Roadrunner. This is NOT acceptable! An email or letter home should of been sent ESPECIALLY on such an important matter!We are not being treated right by the school board or the Superintendent. I agree we need Mr.Vranesh back!

Posted by Special Board Meeting has been called, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on Nov 22, 2013 at 7:58 pm

It looks like the Pleasanton Unified School District is convening a brand new meeting to be held at 5:30 PM Tuesday according to its website. The topic is:

1. 2.1 Public Employee Discipline/Dismissal/Release Pursuant to Government Code 54957

November 26, 2013 05:30 PM

Special Board Meeting
District Board Room
4665 Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566

The community needs to show up and support Mr. Vranesh and come to speak at the Board Meeting!!!

Everyone pass the word and show up please.

Posted by Parent, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on Nov 22, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Wow, sneaking it in the Tuesday before thanksgiving. That's really low!

Posted by TD, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on Nov 22, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Just hoping for the best is not enough !!! Encourage all students families and friends to overwhelm the school board and superintendent with emails of support for Mr. Vranesh!!! Then take it one step further and show up at the board meeting on Tuesday in support of this amazing principal!!!!

Posted by Blind Faith Beware, a resident of Birdland
on Nov 22, 2013 at 10:34 pm

I fear that our community has shown some unsettling colors with the blind faith that Mr. Vranesh has done nothing to warrant the investigation that has been brought upon him. However he has chosen legal representation for a reason! Do you all realize that in EVERY case in the past 10 plus year that an administrator has been accused of the district has brought in "coaches", "mentors" and even sent the administrator to classes? And let's not be naive enough to think the cases brought against them have been anything shy of legitimate! Look back at actions that have been taken. In most cases new positions have been created or the administrator has been moved to a different school in the district. Another thing I find very interesting is the blame that is put on the district office for our administrators leaving(posted under other topics) . . .let's be honest, the WORST part of their job is dealing with parents that feel entitled to know EVERYTHING and defend their children's actions no matter how wrong they are. So much so that they go above the school administration and straight to the district office. SO, in one sense, yes, you can blame the district office for losing great administrators because they are the ones bending over for our self entitled community but on the other hand look in the mirror! "Love your Enemies, for they tell you your Faults." ― Benjamin Franklin.
For the woman (in another forum about this topic) who referenced Ms. Riley, the Warm Spring principal that was "the best they have seen in years" and that was let go by Ms. Ahmadi in the "same way things are happening now" and "funny how this is following our superintendent and "her way of dealing with things" . . .do you realize that Ms. Riley was removed from her position for stealing money and had to be escorted off campus _among other things - while screaming how great she made the school!! So sad to think "she's the best that school has ever seen" and I, of one, am glad she was removed of her position. Just remember their are many sides to every story and as much as Mr. Vranesh and his family may/are hurting by the situation, there are many others as well (with a different lense into the WG life. . . .all you blind supporters included!!
"you give everyone the benefit of the doubt. they don't always deserve it. "
― Ellen Wittlinger, Blind Faith
"A delusion is something that people believe in despite a total lack of evidence."
Richard Dawkins

on Nov 22, 2013 at 10:55 pm

WG is a great environment and teachers should be thrilled to work at WG, that has an active and caring parent community. Blind Faith Beware seems you have an ax to grind and since you have so many details of the internal workings of the school district and complaints about so-called 'entitled parents' that you must work for the school district. How sad that you seem so bitter. Since you refer to WG, maybe you work at WG and maybe you are the one that filed the complaint.

Now Rich Puppione is leaving after a mere 2 weeks and Steve Maher is taking his place. Prior to Jon Vranesh becoming principal, Charles Young was principal for a short time. It is a wonder with all the drama that Bill Radulovich stayed as long as he did.

Two decades ago, the newspapers were filled with so-called allegations of a teacher at WG who was running for city council (a male) supposedly calling another teacher (a female) a name at WG who was working on the opponent city council's campaign after some debate held by the chamber of commerce. It is time for the drama with the bitter teachers to end.

Jon Vranesh should be reinstated.

Posted by Paul, a resident of Birdland
on Nov 23, 2013 at 7:13 am

In our country the "law " is innocent until proven guilty. Blind Faith you've already convicted him without stating any evidence. Your post reads as if you do have some connection with the one who filed the complaint. I hadn't heard, or read he has legal representation. Are you a PUSD board member? Maybe he did so because this is more complexed than we know. If you use a quote from a person like Dawkins, that says a lot about your world view hence the use of the term "blind faith"

"Truth" by definition is not a relative. Sadly today many people don't believe that truth is absolute, but the real truth is. Mr. Vranesh either did something wrong, or he didn't. His reputation has been excellent, and should be considered innocent until "proven" otherwise. I'll support him and do what I can for the student

Posted by Blind Faith Beware, a resident of Birdland
on Nov 23, 2013 at 8:21 am

I am NOT a teacher nor a member of the board. I am just a parent at WG that has been a part of the community for 20+ years and have seen the happenings of our district. It doesn't take an "insider" to know what goes on in our schools or town for that matter. It just takes someone to sit back and listen to conversations during drop off/pick up, on the sports fields, at birthday parties, and social events. Parents talk about how they go to the district when the teachers and administrators don't get what they want as well as what's going on at the schools in general. Being here as long as I have, I've heard it all.

I apologize to all our teachers (WG and elsewhere) that, in my opinion, have made school wonderful and engaging for all my children ! It was not my intention to have fingers pointing in one direction or another.

It was stated either in the weekly or the patch that JV had legal representation - not more "insider information."

In my experiences with JV I too have had but positive experiences. My point was/is we have no idea what's brought this on and to demand someone be brought back with out having the facts is scary!

Posted by Former WG parent, a resident of Birdland
on Nov 23, 2013 at 10:19 am

I don't think that demanding to have JV reinstated without having all the facts is scary at all. JV is an amazing principal. His character and integrity speaks volumes and is the reason why people are asking for him to be reinstated without knowing the facts. He did more at that school then any principal I have known. His constant drive to make our school safe and to bring the school together to make it one community was outstanding. JV would be stupid to not have legal representation given that his character and integrity is being questioned and dragged through the mud. PUSD superintendent and board handled this situation poorly. It is a fact that administrators are leaving the district because of how poorly run our district is. I fully support Jon Vranesh and will stand by him no matter what the outcome is

Posted by Question, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on Nov 23, 2013 at 10:20 am

Does anyone know if the actual charges will become known at this public board meeting?

Posted by WG , a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on Nov 23, 2013 at 10:52 am

Thank you Special Board Meeting Has Been Called asking parents and supports to show up. I think at this board meeting it is important parents and supporters be allowed to speak for the NORMAL 3 MINUTES not given 1 minute to make it easier on the board.

Posted by District Employee, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on Nov 23, 2013 at 11:45 am

Blind Faith Beware. I am not blind and I KNOW Mr. Vranesh and our schools deserve the support from parents. Standing up and requiring the Cabinet and Union to take responsibility for they ill conceived actions is important if PUSD is every to be cleaned up. Under Parvin's tenure it has fallen to pieces. We are loosing highly qualified administrators. They are leaving because the top management is doing an intensely poor job. Our students deserve more than Parvin, Odie, the Union, and the Board if they see this through.

Posted by RL, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Nov 23, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Has this happened in a PUSD school before? Has an administrator ever been put on leave and potentially removed this way?

Posted by Danny, a resident of another community
on Nov 23, 2013 at 8:39 pm

How can you show support when you don't know what happened?
Why cant't Mr.Vranesh speak out?

Posted by Winston, a resident of Ruby Hill
on Nov 23, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Without much evidence to support either side, my inclination is to always go against the majority view. This is especially true on PW sites. Of the 13 comments that precede mine, for example, probably 6 or 7 were posted by the same fruitcake who uses different monikers in order to create the impression there is more than one village idiot. Then there are maybe another 3 or 4 comments that prove there is indeed more than one village idiot. Your Honor, I rest my case.

Posted by Concern Mom, a resident of Val Vista
on Nov 23, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Just because he was a great principal doesn't mean he did not do anything wrong. In fact many people who appear great are often sneaky. I would get the facts first. What if it related him doing something not appropriate with a student. Many people who know many trust him can do something mistrusting knowing many won't believe the accusation. I agree its scary that those are supporting him without knowing why he was removed in the first place.

Posted by Former WG Parent, a resident of Birdland
on Nov 23, 2013 at 10:14 pm

@concern mom, it was already confirmed by the district in an email to parents that Mr Vranesh's leave had nothing to do with a student. You might want to get your facts straight before you comment.

Posted by District Employee, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on Nov 23, 2013 at 10:58 pm

To Concerned Mom. Facts are important to follow. It has been well established that this issue has nothing to do with students. Be clear this has to do with bad management. Bad management in the DO. Bad management in the teachers union. It's that simple. Sorry it's not so cut and dry. That means the issues continues if the community doesn't require it after this is over.

Posted by Danny, a resident of another community
on Nov 24, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Well established,bad management? It would be nice to see those facts. All of them are employed by pleasanton residents. We should know everything and Mr.Vranesh should speak out so we can support.

Posted by Support our kids, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Nov 24, 2013 at 11:13 pm

I want to go to the meeting to let the board know that I do not like how they have handled this. Please join me in this. My fight is not for or against the principal, it is for how we as parents should be treated. We should not be silenced, we should not be told by our children that they have a new principal, and twice! We should be telling them enough is enough! Pleasanton parents let support each other and help make the changes we need so we can have better school for our kids!

Posted by Fred, a resident of Hart Middle School
on Nov 25, 2013 at 8:28 am

As a parent of a past HMS graduate I can only comment that WG is getting a solid replacement in Mr. Maher. WG parents should be thrilled if it is true that he will be taking over as principle. Steve is a solid proven principle and will do an outstanding job at bringing the current WG issues to closure.

Posted by Parent, a resident of Birdland
on Nov 25, 2013 at 8:52 am

Blind Faith is correct! What did JV do? I haven't heard any facts yet. How can you put yourself out there to support a situation without knowing what happened? Do all these JV supporters have all the facts, not rumors, facts and the rest of us do not? I've met JV a couple times. Seems nice enough. I've also had 8 teachers at WG and they're good too. So I'm patiently waiting for actual facts of this sad situation.

Posted by Bob, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Nov 25, 2013 at 9:01 am

I agree with Fred, Maher is a great replacement.

Sorry District Employee, this has nothing to do with "bad management." Yes, they have handled the publicity about this badly, but the reason he is out has nothing to do with bad management. In fact, this district has proven time and again that they will hang onto less than average administrators longer than they should, to try to give them a chance to work into the role. JV obviously did something heinous enough to warrant the administrative leave, because I have not seen this before in this district.

Danny, JV can't speak out probably because his lawyer told him not to. He already made one public statement with the Pleasanton Weekly, which was very quickly refuted by the superintendent. I'm guessing his lawyer said "no more, zip your lips."

For those of you willing to speak, great, go for it. But whatever happened must be bad, and the minds of the board are already made up. I recommend you don't blindly back up JV with your words when you have no idea what happened. You might regret defending him. Obviously something happened that was bad enough to warrant this, and I'm guessing that if the facts ever come out, most of us would say that he had to go (due to what he did).

By the way, I have met JV and think he's a nice guy. But just because I think that does not mean I will blindly follow him. I'm sorry he's in this heap of a mess, I'm sorry he is about to lose his job.

Posted by Another parent, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on Nov 25, 2013 at 9:04 am

I agree with parent. This has not been easy on the teachers, the board, or JV. There has to be a reason they are going to this much trouble. I like JV but I don't know the whole story. What I do know is that the board and superintendent have handled it terribly and hopefully have learned something from this whole ordeal. I wish JV the best but am not willing to speak out for him about something I know nothing about.

Posted by Disgusted , a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on Nov 25, 2013 at 9:53 am

For Bob. You say "obviously something happened ... bad enough" and "obviously heinous enough " when NOTHING about this is OBVIOUS at all. Who knows what to believe? Jv has a great track record up to this point. The district , from what I've read, apparently does not. You know not of what you speak. None of us do.

Posted by Holding out for the Truth, a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Nov 25, 2013 at 9:55 am

As a WG parent, I completely agree with Blind Faith & Bob. I feel strongly that the truth will reveal itself. It make take a year or a few weeks, but the truth will come out then everyone can move on with their lives. Mr. Vranesh and his family included.

Can the District do a better job at communicating? Absolutely. Who can't?

The most important thing to remember is that our children are what matters the most. We want the best, safest and most comfortable learning environment for them and that includes a principal that is deserved of being their guide; whoever that may be.

Posted by TheOnlyFacts, a resident of Apperson Ridge
on Nov 25, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Keep in mind that the only facts that we have in front of us are the following. 1) This action followed JV's raising of some issues regarding safety, etc. at W.G. 2) We also know that the board has taken this action because of a "personnel matter". 3) Although possibly unrelated, one of the board members is seeking a county school-related office and needs a lot of help to draw votes from west side of the Hayward Hills. 4) Lastly, remember that for several decades now, Pleasanton school employee unions have been very powerful. Connect the dots!

on Nov 25, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Actually, maybe Vranesh refused to do something illegal that the District management directed him to do. Walnut Grove's reviews on Great Schools Web Link includes this review referring to Vranesh:

Posted February 20, 2013
"This school is fantastic. It has an active and engaged new principal that relates well to K-5 age children as well as parents. The principal is well-liked by the parents and positive and supportive. The parent community supports the school, and the teachers are enthusiastic. The office staff always seems to be friendly and engaged. Also, I haven't seen the impatience, raised voices and lack of respect towards teachers, students and parents that is happening at other elementary schools in Pleasanton.
—Submitted by a parent"

Or maybe the only two bad teachers at Walnut Grove that are referred to in this review complained about him after he asked them to improve their teaching and then retaliated against him by making something up:

Posted April 12, 2005
"Fabulous teachers and administration (with the exception of a couple of teachers, which is always true, unfortunately). Very well run but could definitely use more parent involvement.
—Submitted by a parent"

Posted by lessismore , a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Nov 25, 2013 at 2:09 pm

If some of the things come out are true about him confronting some bad teachers then he has my complete support.
One more time the union and bad teachers win and our kid lose.

To the teachers coming out in support of Jon. It is time for you to stand-up to your union and demand change.

Posted by I , a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Nov 25, 2013 at 4:03 pm

The truth will not reveal itself. It was only with the threat of the truth revealing itself that action was taken.

on Nov 25, 2013 at 4:12 pm

If a teacher(s) has/have made something up in order to retaliate against Mr. Vranesh for trying to improve their teaching, I'm glad Mr. Vranesh has an attorney so that he can sue this/these teacher(s) for defamation

Posted by Tim, a resident of Birdland
on Nov 25, 2013 at 5:10 pm

JV was by far the best principal of the past three who've been there. As far as the teacher(s) being held accountable if the allegations are proven false, that won't happen. The union and the three stooges won't allow it. It will cost PUSD a six figure settlement though.

Remember that the next time you are asked to support a parcel tax and/or a donation to PTA, PPIE and your children's schools. I know I will and I've always donated in the past.

Three of our current board members and our Superintendent ignore direct communication from parents so what do you expect? I heard rumblings about parents withholding their kids from WG on selected days. Maybe that's what it will take to get their attention.

Posted by Leanne , a resident of Birdland
on Nov 25, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I do not know anyone who is in favor of JV, he is so great, look what Parvin did to 'ms" Riley, I would like to see
Ms. Parvin and get rid of her and to bring Jon Vranesh, back, this school board is worthless and all feel we should get rid of all of them,
Why is this such a secret, this has not being air to all of the Walnut Grove parents, and another thing, is why now have there now been the 3rd Principal, bad for the students of WG. Get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Danny, a resident of another community
on Nov 25, 2013 at 11:28 pm

I'm with Blind Faith and Bob.

on Nov 26, 2013 at 12:02 am

I'm curious. I would wonder whether someone from 'another community,' Danny, who alleges Vranesh did something 'heinous' would be posting about this because someone from 'another community' would certainly not have children attending Walnut Grove.

Maybe the complaint did not originate from Walnut Grove teachers, but maybe another administrator from an elementary school not as well run with an ax to grind (professional jealousy?) filed a complaint about Mr. Vranesh. After all, there have been instances where people turned down from being hired for a principal position have gone on the attack to who was actually hired.

As I recall, back on June 23rd, there were a number of postings (now removed) also from 'another community' to the Town Square forum from saying very negative things (bordering on libelous) about the new principal at AVHS. I wonder whether someone that applied for the principal position at AVHS was angry and is posting the negative information about this person?

Posted by An Observer, a resident of Birdland
on Nov 26, 2013 at 2:02 am

Sad to say that it was a brood of long established teachers who were stuck in their ways that complained to the Union about feeling harassed by JV. We know these women whose self preservation comes ahead of our students. A sad commentary on the quality and effectiveness of the teacher's union. Go after them, not just the administrator.

Posted by A P, a resident of Amador Estates
on Nov 26, 2013 at 9:25 am

First, no one has the EVIDENCE or the FACTS. I am sure Mr. Vranesh is a nice person and a principal you like. I will take everyones word that a lot of people like him very much. I will not take anyones guess that something did not happen. He has been removed and before I support or condemn I would have to have the evidence and the facts. Without those two things, everything else is just assumption.

The discussion is about Mr. Vranesh. To deflect blame and attack the school district, teachers, or other principals is a sad attempt at "Whataboutery." We should not head off on the "What about the teachers..." With pitchforks and torches.

Second, a lot of people in the comments section seem to have no problem attacking teachers. Just because Mr. Vranesh was removed, it does not give anyone the right to malign, attack, and spread lies about teachers and their work in Pleasanton schools.

Posted by Kate, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Nov 26, 2013 at 9:43 am

The difference between Vranesh and the teachers is that Mr. Vranesh is being dragged through the newspaper message boards by name. That's very different than talking about teachers in vague terms. Not really fair at all for JV. The reason the teachers are being quiet is that they don't want anybody to know who they are. JV will go away and the teachers will remain anonymous. Not fair at all really.

Posted by A P, a resident of Amador Estates
on Nov 26, 2013 at 10:07 am

Kate,

It is fair that Mr. Vranesh is being talked about. The issue is about him. He has been named, in public. Looking at the message board no one has attacked him. Some people have come out in support, some have talked about judging before there is evidence, and some have blamed the district, the teachers, and the school board.

It is not fair to attack "in vague terms." That is prejudice and sweeping generalization. It is not fair to drag down the teachers and their profession. I would say the teachers are quiet due to their "professionalism." I do not know for certain, but based on my experience with the teachers in Pleasanton I will opine that it is "professionalism," not "anonymity."

Also, Mr. Vranesh may not "Go Away." What if he is innocent? I cannot say what will happen because still, I do not have the facts. As a mature adult, that is why I am asking others to not take sides, or use this issue to attack, blame, and demean Pleasanton teachers.

Posted by A P, a resident of Amador Estates
on Nov 26, 2013 at 10:22 am

To "An observer from Birdland,"

Your message is very aggressive. Your choice of "brood," long established," and "women" are extremely hostile and misogynistic. I do not enjoy your "set in their ways" comment since it explains or establishes nothing. It is an attempt to absolve Mr. Vranesh of any wrong doing.

Worse, you present to us an allusion to knowing something "sad to say it WAS..." And then presenting us with a straw man (or really old, out dated, mean, stubborn, selfish and child-hating coven of women) to attack. Yet another attempt at "whataboutery" to deflect the issue away from Mr. Vranesh while allowing you the opportunity to attack female teachers.

Finally, you end with "Go after them!" These words are the saddest of all.

Posted by Sharon Solheid, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Nov 26, 2013 at 11:03 am

I have heard it from High Authority that the union teachers tried to save the poor fellow's job, but to no avail. It seems there is a gaggle of parents who think he's too liberal for the District.

Posted by Pam, a resident of Val Vista
on Nov 26, 2013 at 1:00 pm

I am not a part of the Walnut Grove community but at our school we too have had to deal with a the school board and superintendent. I agree sometimes the principal has to make the tough decisions and the teachers don't always like it. The teachers union is so strong and the board and the superintendent will do anything to avoid a problem. I feel bad for everyone involved with Walnut Grove and believe that there will be no fair process. The board and the superintendent don't want to make it seem that they will be pushed by parents to do anything. I believe today they want to quietly close this case and move on.

Posted by Nancy, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on Nov 26, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I hope that they do bring Mr.V back and I also hope that they apologize to him for the way that this is been handled. They also should of let all the parents know that this meeting was happening. I agree with the person who posted, nice of them to sneak it send during Thanksgiving break when they knew people were out of town, how true!

Posted by Joey, a resident of Amador Estates
on Nov 26, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Jeff Bower should not have a say in tonight's meeting he is running for a position and I guarantee he's going to want the teachers union to back him. His wife is also a teacher.

Posted by Linda Pipe, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Nov 26, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I am not responding out of blind faith and I still support Jon Vranesh. I will share what I do know...

I've known, worked for and around Jon Vranesh for over 7 years and what I do know is the following:
Jon is one of the most professional administrators I've worked with at PUSD.

Jon has a heart of gold, a strong work ethic, is intelligent and has a great sense of humor.

He has the ability to work extremely with students of all ages. He understood the quirkiness and uncertainty of Middle Schoolers; gained the respect, yet related well with High School Students; and then was successful at endearing himself to elementary students while setting behavior standards that hadn't been established and adhered to in previous years at Walnut Grove.

Jon always puts the good of the student first and was an advocate for students.

He has always been a staunch advocate and supporter of his staff – both classified and certificated. In fact the teachers at PMS commented on many occasions that they never felt quite as supported by administration after he left to go to FHS.

Jon supported his staff and could be called upon if a parent was acting out of hand. He had the ability to support his staff, yet calm an agitated parent down while removing them from the situation at hand.

When I worked with Jon at FHS, he was the only administrator who took an active interest in the work and contributions made by classified employees. He initiated office meetings to work out challenges and equitable work distribution when budgets and hours were cut.

He was also the only administrator who went out of his way to greet and acknowledge office staff daily. That may seem small, but the rest of the administrators frequently treated office staff as invisible. Jon never did.

Jon has always been an administrator staff felt they could go to with challenges and ideas – a safe environment. He didn't always agree or act on our suggestions, but he always listened and communicated his thoughts in a professional way. He was never condescending.

Jon is also gracious and generous with his time and talents. He hosted entire staff get-togethers at his house when we were at PMS.

I would trust my children with Jon as well as my own career.

I know all these things about Jon Vranesh and I have the utmost respect for him. If this travesty goes through, PUSD will lose yet another fantastic administrator. I'm sad that Jon's name and reputation are being dragged through the mud and others are allowed to remain anonymous. Here's hoping for Karma...

Posted by A P, a resident of Amador Estates
on Nov 26, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Great post Linda. I would just like to add that in these comments I still have yet to read that Jon's reputation is being dragged through the mud. Overwhelmingly, the posts on all articles concerning this issue are very positive for Jon. Some residents are waiting for the information to be revealed, others have said he is innocent of "this" and it is not Jon Vranesh but others who are entirely to blame! Wiith support like this he stands a very good chance of getting a fair shot from the district.

As you can see from my posts, I am very concerned that the posts drag through the mud and attack Pleasanton teachers (as a group of teachers, and as individuals). I hope that you and others allow me to remain anonymous as I choose to defend I Pleasanton teachers from scapegoating, finger pointing, and derogatory statements.

Posted by Great post, Linda!, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Nov 26, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Wonderful post, Linda! As someone who has worked with John, I completely agree with what you said. Pleasanton will suffer a major loss if Mr. Vranesh is no longer in our district.

Posted by Mr Vranish was great to my kids, a resident of Foothill High School
on Nov 26, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Thank you Linda for saying as do many of us feel. Both my children benefited greatly under JV's guidance while he was a VP. When the FHS principal stepped down last year, I remember wishing JV could take over. I don't know what this us about, but I do know this is a man of character who cared about my children and the thousands of others he worked with.

It's time for the superintendent to step down. She's clearly not a fit and outside of the JV issue, we have principals dropping like flies. This is who needs to resign. She's not good enough for our children in my book.

A note to Mr. Vranesh: I don't know what this is about and I hope you are able to work through the issue and then follow others to better districts who will better appreciate you. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the manner in which you treated my daughter's and just that you took the time to know your students as you did. You are a rare breed and maybe just too good to be in this newer Pleasanton school district.

To the lady that keeps posting gossip, it's people like you that know nothing and think gossiping on the playground or soccer games means you know the "facts". Let's give this man due process and then it will give you something new to gossip about.

Posted by I , a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Nov 26, 2013 at 5:29 pm

To those of you assuming that someone else is to blame for JVs removal based on your familiarity with said character, what breach of said character would sway your thinking? Perhaps out of character statements that could result in the district being sued? Popularity and effectiveness does not indemnify a person from adhering to the acceptable behavioral norms. Even just one slip up can and should be enough to limit a career if the slip up puts the public trust at risk. A person in a position such as principal is aware of these norms. If they fail to adhere, they show an inexcusable lack of judgment for such a position

Posted by An Observer, a resident of Birdland
on Nov 26, 2013 at 8:33 pm

A.P,

You clearly have some issues to pull that out of my post.. needless to say I see why your troll these posts.. relax.. life isn't as bad as you see it.

Posted by Any updates?, a resident of Foothill High School
on Nov 26, 2013 at 9:06 pm

I'd like an update if anyone has one. Please.

Posted by Any update?, a resident of Foothill High School
on Nov 26, 2013 at 9:21 pm

You know what, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I know JV did nothing heinous. I dont know anything more than the rest of you, but I saw this man in action with both my children and with one having graduated already and one graduating in a few years, he is absolutely the best administrator we've had. And I should add we have been PUSD from K-12 for mine that has graduated and my youngest will also go K-12.

I think he pushed a few people too hard or demanded more fan some were willing to give because the last thing you could call this man is lazy. I think his constant pushing for better for OUR children rattled some or something. I know this man too well. There's definitely some political nonsense involved.

And yeah, get rig of Ahmadi quick like before she does too much damage that can't be undone. Odie too. He's no way Cindy Galbo.

Posted by Peeved, a resident of Bordeaux Estates
on Nov 27, 2013 at 8:48 am

You know what? If you don't know what's happening at this point then you really must be a loser who's totally out of the loop. I'm not going to say anything, but by day's end I expect a number of people will step forward on this discussion board and tell what they know. The truth is going to blow the socks off of most of the ignorant ones.

Posted by Really?, a resident of Harvest Park Middle School
on Nov 27, 2013 at 9:03 am

Really peeved? Why don't you share with the rest of us what you know. You state that your not going to say anything yet you feel the need to post a comment. Seems to me that if there truly was a case against JV, the board would have proved it last night at their meeting.

Posted by Truth, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Nov 27, 2013 at 9:05 am

There are many people who know more than they are letting on. Discussing it on a public board is not benefitting anyone involved. Common decency and respect is what is keeping us from talking. What you read here is not necessarily a reflection of the Walnut Grove community.

Posted by In the know..., a resident of Birdland
on Nov 27, 2013 at 9:40 am

Only I and a few others know the mysterious truth. When it all comes out in the open, I will tell you that I told you so and you will see that I knew it all along. Now, with this next set of ellipses, I shall melt back into the mystifying shadows with my secret knowledge...

Posted by Thanksgiving, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Nov 27, 2013 at 1:09 pm

10 Things for which to be Thankful:

1. A School Board, thrown into uncharted waters, that recognizes a man, even one unwilling to accept the truth of his own words and suggestions, still deserves to have his privacy protected.

2. Violated teachers who respect due process enough to stay quiet and not hang an individual out to dry publicly.

3. The vehemence of an uninformed, yet supportive public whose future apologies will undoubtedly be equally passionate.

4. The illiteracy and illogic of some supporters whose lack of command of the English language undermines their own baseless points.

5. Due process and decorum in the face of tabloid-inspired belief that we are entitled to know everything immediately. We're not, and sometimes mystery is better than the truth, even for the guilty.

6. That a man's utter lack of character, leadership, accountability and discretion in the face of his own actions ultimately provides the best ongoing support for his pending dismissal.

7. A guilty man's ego and delusions will ultimately complete his fall. Resignation would have been a far better outcome than dismissal

8. That the new principal will serve as a far better role-model for our children.

9. That this great community and school of ours will heal.

10. Last, but certainly not least, Turkey! (Just not the current one in question.)

Posted by Hmmm, a resident of Birdland
on Nov 27, 2013 at 1:48 pm

@Thanksgiving. Too bad that while you tried to make a valid point or two for the anti JV group, you couldn't help yourself. It seems as though your lack of self management leads us toward more mud. So much for being thankful for your # 2. And regardless of what side you're on here, your trash shouldn't be appreciated. "Violated" teachers, I'd encourage you to speak out against this and similar jokers as the process continues. It doesn't serve you well. As an observer, I'm now ready to pick a side in the debate.

on Nov 27, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Hmmmm, well said. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Since the "Thanksgiving" poster talks about 'illiteracy' and similar posters that are trashing Mr. Vranesh keep talking about how uneducated and illiterate parents are and how they "lack of command of the English language," I am wondering if the filer(s) of the grievance could be the former reading specialist or one of the former reading specialists at Walnut Grove or instructional coaches?

Who at Walnut Grove was the reading specialist? And instructional coach?

Posted by HS, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on Nov 27, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Hey Thanksgiving. Found you here too. You posted your libel under the school board article too. I will repeat. Libel is costly. We taxpayers will have to pay for your comments if there is a defamation suit. Careful! People are starting to figure out who you are! I wish you a happy thanksgiving in spite of you venomous post.

Posted by H.S the second, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Nov 27, 2013 at 5:09 pm

HS, It seems libel is committed all over on these anonymous message boards. Can't Jeff Bowser or the Superintendent sue for libel? Come on, somebody says something you don't agree with and you threaten with a lawsuit? Nobody knows who anybody on here is and you certainly don't know who the Thanksgiving post came from. This is why you can't believe anything you read on here.

Posted by Td, a resident of Ruby Hill
on Nov 27, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Wow thanksgiving...put down your glass of wine and get yourself a therapist!

Posted by Thankful, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Nov 27, 2013 at 9:53 pm

So well said Thanksgiving! Finally, someone has seen through the completely crazy blather that has filled these boards. You said perfectly what many of us in this community are feeling.

Posted by Get a clue, a resident of Birdland
on Nov 27, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Sorry "Thankful", but you are in the minority here. Most of the people on these blogs are supporting Mr Vranesh and want him to be reinstated. The only "crazy blather" on these boards is coming from your post and Thanksgiving post which are probably one in the same

Posted by watching, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Nov 27, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Posted by I: "To those of you assuming that someone else is to blame for JVs removal based on your familiarity with said character, what breach of said character would sway your thinking? ... Even just one slip up can and should be enough to limit a career if the slip up puts the public trust at risk."

Does that also apply to the school board?

on Nov 28, 2013 at 12:13 am

According to the Lodi News blogs here Web Link , many residents in the Lodi Unified School District where Odie Douglas worked prior to coming to Pleasanton have speculated that Odie Douglas and various followers of Odie Douglas have used newspaper blogs to attack individuals. Here is one comment: "It is apparent to me that you must be one of the individuals that are under organizational leadership of Odie Douglas and that this must be your chosen weapon of choice - the blog!"

I would hope that "I" and "Thanksgiving" posts that are smearing Vranesh's reputation are not Douglas, but if they are, I'm sure Vranesh's attorney will quickly figure it out.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.

To post your comment, please click here to login

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

Moneyball, the Sequel: Billy Beane for President!
By Tom Cushing | 6 comments | 1,004 views

Spedowfski Announces run for Livermore City Council
By Roz Rogoff | 1 comment | 885 views

Planning the "Pleasanton way"

Take Full Advantage of Free Standardized Testing Opportunities