Fleet Week canceled, but S.F., Pier 39 planning other events

Original post made on Oct 11, 2013

The cancellation of numerous San Francisco Fleet Week events has disappointed many businesses on Fisherman's Wharf on what would have been one
of their busiest weeks of the year.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, October 11, 2013, 7:05 AM

Posted by Afful Farder
on Oct 11, 2013 at 8:59 am

It's truly sad for this nation that we can't cancel Obama - before it's too late.

Posted by Joseph
a resident of Avila
on Oct 11, 2013 at 9:10 am

Yes, it IS Obama's fault. It sure as heck ain't Bush's fault. Now flame away at me libbies, flame away. I'm so disappointed in Fleet Week not happening and everything else in this country that's going down the tubes----80% of which Obama and the left are responsible for.

(Wizards of Smart, go ahead, show your wit and let me know how obtuse I am for loving my country, and for standing up for what's right. Go ahead--I've heard it ALL so it doesn't bother me.)

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Oct 11, 2013 at 9:39 am

I also love AMERICA! I've attended Fleet Week for years and I'm also disappointed.

I don't have a need to blame President Obama for everything that happens.

I would never vote for a Democrat or a Republican.

Posted by L Young
a resident of Danbury Park
on Oct 11, 2013 at 10:24 am

Do you people in Pleasanton live in a vacuum??? You blame Obama? The republicans won't come to the table, call your legislator and tell them how sad you are you couldn't go to Fleetweek, maybe you can get the Republicans off there high horses and get the budget approved

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Oct 11, 2013 at 11:36 am

Nope...I don't blame President Obama.

I would NEVER vote for a Democrat or a Republican. There is NO Difference between the two! This difference is mostly who weighs the most.

end of story...

Posted by Mike
a resident of Highland Oaks
on Oct 11, 2013 at 3:45 pm

We live in a complex society, not unlike the one people experienced when communities were first established some 10,000 years ago. I think we have to get used to the idea that universal harmony is difficult to achieve in groups numbering more than one.

Mike

Posted by Negotiate
on Oct 12, 2013 at 7:49 am

It takes 2 to make an argument. The Health Care Act passed because the majority voted for it. Now Republicans are saying - we don't think it should have and we aren't going to play ball with you until we have our way. Democrats are saying - it passed. We need the gov't to work. Let's go. So as long as both sides refuse to work together & keep up the argument (you can hear similar ones in the playground) it's our legislators fault. Write to them and tell them what you want them today. [Both sides say they want more time to work on the debt 6 weeks & 15 months; how about the average and then get the gov't back to work.]
Yes, I'm worried - know too many people affected - and missing pleasures (Fleet Week, National Parks) make it worse in this fall season.

Posted by sfca73
a resident of another community
on Oct 14, 2013 at 8:45 am

The grounding of the Blue Angels and the cancellation of Fleet Week is a direct cause of the Sequester that the Republican Party demanded early last year and continue to demand be upheld in the current "negotiations". This was actually announced all those months back as a byproduct of the cancellation of that funding across the board. So blame Obama all ya want but you are 100% ignorant and 100% wrong by doing so.