All smiles in S.F.'s Castro district as gay rights supporters celebrate U.S. Supreme Court ruling

Original post made on Jun 27, 2013

It was hard not find a smile at San Francisco's Castro District as hundreds of gay rights supports gathered Wednesday evening to celebrate Wednesday's U.S. Supreme Court rulings on Proposition 8 and the Defense of Marriage Act.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, June 27, 2013, 6:45 AM

Posted by Dude
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Jun 27, 2013 at 8:50 am

It's all about the benefits. Take all the benefits away and no more gay rights issues. Everything is about our Government social re-engineering. They lower the benefits to our Military while giving access to benefits for illegals and now people who are gay. It's not about the right to get married. It's about the right to benefits. Follow the money.

Posted by Charlie Brown
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Jun 27, 2013 at 11:46 am

(Post deemed inappropriate by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff)

Posted by Equality works
a resident of Del Prado
on Jun 27, 2013 at 1:19 pm

When the real objections to same-sex marriage are examined there isn't one that is fair or just. The misconception is that sexual orientation is a choice (Word removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff). The genectic basis for homosexuality makes denying rights based based on being homosexual simple prejudice toward someone for the way they were born. Would anyone argue that anyone else with a minority genetic code be barred from participating in marriage? I'm a woman who has been married to my husband (a man!) for 30 years and I'm Christian. The idea that same-sex marriage affects my marriage or my religion in any way is ridiculous to me. What does affect me is living in a political system where people can be bullied and punished under the law for being as God made them.

Posted by Mike
a resident of Highland Oaks
on Jun 27, 2013 at 6:25 pm

I don't like liver and have never felt physically attracted to overweight people: these are facts rather than decisions, thus no argument is likely to end in my wanting to eat liver or have sex with an overweight person.

I would think it unreasonable if the law stipulated that I could only eat if I eat liver or I could only have sex if I have sex with an overweight person.

Mike

Posted by huh
on Jun 28, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Well, Mike...how do you feel about pork....at least that has something to do with the story.

Posted by Marky Mark
on Jun 28, 2013 at 4:21 pm

It's all about benefits???? Sounds like Karl Marx, who noted that the modern family was inherently corrupted by capitalism, as wives were forced to prostitute themselves to husbands who were then the breadwinners (the high-priced prostitutes) in the capitalist system.

That may still be true today. But some yahoo is claiming that this now only applies to gays???? The wonders of idiocy never cease.