Charges reduced for Pleasanton financier William Hogarty

Original post made on May 16, 2013

What started out as an attempted murder charge wound up as a misdemeanor assault conviction for William Hogarty, the CEO of a now defunct mortgage consulting firm, O.F. Lending.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, May 16, 2013, 6:50 AM

Posted by Anonymous , a resident of Ruby Hill
on May 16, 2013 at 9:10 am

Any idea when he will be sentenced? Have they already reached a deal on what it will be in a plea?

Posted by Anonymous, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 16, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I doubt he'll be so lucky with the other SIXTEEN felonies he's been charged with.

Posted by Jhmjhm, a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on May 18, 2013 at 12:11 am

Unfortunately, as with most people, his "luck" will probably depend on how much he can afford to pay his lawyer.

Posted by william hogarty, a resident of Laguna Oaks
on May 18, 2013 at 6:26 pm

william hogarty is a registered user.

Actullay the charge was dropped to a misdemeanor, because there was no evidense of a crime.
1) The roomate ( a person I let live in my home) kept pursuing my wife over and over in my home, I asked him to stop and he kept approaching her, had no marks or injury. Hard to get an assalt charge with no injury (I was NEVER charged with attempted murder)
2) I was sentenced same day.

The reason why I was charged an assault in the first place, I share withme media once the last chapter is closed yet the internet and the annonimous slander and lies hasnt helped (it is called internet bulling)

Posted by Freddy, a resident of Downtown
on May 18, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Anybody who places their money in the hands of someone whose writing is an offense to all of civilization deserves to be fleeced.

Posted by Amy, a resident of Carriage Gardens
on May 18, 2013 at 7:46 pm

[Post removed due to unverified personal information]

Posted by P, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 18, 2013 at 8:16 pm

[Post removed due to unverified personal information]

Posted by Anonymous, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 20, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Did anyone else following this just see the story on Channel 7 Seven On Your Side with an update on the Hogarty saga? If you missed it, his attorney said in an interview that Hogarty is now willing to pay everyone back even though in his view he has no obligation to do so. Funny how he didn't have money to pay anyone back and refused to pay people back and wrote them post dated checks that didn't clear, but now after being charged with all these felonies, he suddenly is now ready to reimburse everyone. They have to know he is going to be forced to pay restitution so this offer shouldn't be considered as something he is doing by choice.

His wife and baby were present for the pretrial hearing on the felony assault charges where a news camera was also there filming them in the hall. Isn't that what all good moms would do with their husband and the father of your child is charged with felony assault that you drag the infant into court to be present for it? Yuck. I'm sure this was to show him as a family man just like he magically reconciled with his visibly pregnant wife to show up in court to face these charges. What sort of mother would go along with such a thing and drag the baby into court?

Posted by nextsecretmillionaire, a resident of another community
on Jun 3, 2013 at 3:00 pm

nextsecretmillionaire is a registered user.

Hello again,

1st of all I am not Christy Hogarty, and 2nd who are the real crooks?

My point being If people would pay their mortgage payments instead of paying someone else to go to their banker or mortgage holder and asking them to reduce the amount they agreeded to pay. So to me it sounds like William started a business. A business where he took all the embarassment away from the debtor. by going to said debtors banker saying I have this deadbeat who agreeded to a ARM note but since it adjusted they don't feel like making their agreeded payments any longer. So for a fee he explained to the debtor steps they needed to take prior one of his staff aproaching the banker.

So it sounds like William did this ....and when half the people in US heard they all said lets screw the bankers, walk away from our responsibilities...They stopped helping they few who probably needed some help. And now your kids, my kids, and their kids will pay for it. And still are every day this witch hunt continues.

How many Federal and State Tax dollars have been wasted over this issue. Not to mention if 3 or 4 of them go to jail at $40,000 or more per year for a few years.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

CPRA: Balancing privacy, public's right to know
By Gina Channell-Allen | 3 comments | 1,350 views

and my friend here will have the kibble."
By Tom Cushing | 12 comments | 1,064 views

Job growth is driving housing prices

Sentinels of Freedom Newsletter