It takes just 10 seconds to stop a crime

Original post made on May 3, 2013

It takes about 10 seconds to break into a car. It takes about as much time for the owners to place items out of sight in a locked trunk.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, May 3, 2013, 6:32 AM

Posted by Hmmmm, a resident of Downtown
on May 3, 2013 at 8:59 am

Hmmmm - not that I leave anything in my car, but, I'm not sure I want someone putting a flyer on my window, etc. to alert those trolling the parking lot for an easy grab. This could backfire and actually help the people that are breaking into cars by targeting those vehicles...

Posted by Sue from Pleasanton, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 3, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Years ago I began to put things that needed to be kept safe into the trunk and THEN drive to my destination. No sense putting things in the trunk if you're going to do it in view of someone looking for something to steal.

Posted by Mike, a resident of Val Vista
on May 4, 2013 at 11:21 am

Also, don't forget to remove your phone charger from plain view when not in use. A charger left in plain view suggests that there may be an electronic device in the car.

Posted by evil eddy, a resident of Ruby Hill
on May 4, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I got friends who use a screw driver to pop open trunks in way less then 10 seconds. Just sayin.

I dont have anything worth much so a leave me car unlocked. That ways no expanses for bronken windows and replace locks.

Posted by anonymous, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 6, 2013 at 5:10 am

Your friends sound like great members of society. Nice spelling by the way.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.