Recycle Rip Off at Harvest Park

Original post made by Clint Logan on Mar 17, 2013

I noted the signs and took a handfull of obsolete electronics to Harvest Park today for their "fund raiser" collection. They demand a fee. It isn't clear where this fee goes and it is not mentioned on fliers or signs. Bad News!

I took my money and my electronics home with me.

Posted by anon, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Mar 17, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Clint - it is a "fund raiser". Hence, you bring your electronics there and they will take care of disposing of them. What you call a fee is a "donation" to the fundraiser. Figure it out, its not rocket science.

Posted by Chris, a resident of Vineyard Hills
on Mar 17, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I agree with Clint, the fee should have been noted in the fliers. Most electronics recycling makes money on the stuff donated, so one would think the "fundraising" is coming from just that.

Posted by pleasanton resident, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Mar 17, 2013 at 6:47 pm

FYI, St. Vincent de Paul near downtown Livermore takes electronics donations (working or not). I think they are open for donations Tues through Sat.

Posted by Clint, a resident of Harvest Park Middle School
on Mar 18, 2013 at 9:43 am

me again. To anon:

This appears to be a fund raiser for the electronics recycle outfit, NOT THE SCHOOL.

Posted by Joe, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Mar 18, 2013 at 6:06 pm

What was the fee? It's worth some payment to get rid of my old electronic junk.

Posted by Arroyo, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Mar 18, 2013 at 9:37 pm

There used to be a problem getting rid of obsolete electronic items, but not any longer. It doesn't take very long to find places that will gladly accept the items without charge.

I use a "recycle facility" behind the casino on First Street in Livermore -- They provide a spot to leave the items even when they're closed.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.