Supreme Court will not announce Prop 8 action until Monday or later

Original post made on Dec 1, 2012

The U.S. Supreme Court will not announce until at least Monday and possibly later whether it will review the case of Proposition 8, California's ban on same-sex marriage.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, November 30, 2012, 3:26 PM

Posted by Resident, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Dec 1, 2012 at 10:41 am

"The sponsors of Proposition 8 and their committee, Protect Marriage, have argued in their appeal that California voters were entitled to choose a traditional definition of marriage."

I disagree, this is an issue for the courts to decide. Prop 8 passed with only about 53 percent of the vote (even parcel taxes have failed to pass with more support than that) :

Web Link

So really, we have almost half of voters in California against prop 8 (myself included).

Loving v Virginia decided that interracial couples had the right to marry, we did not let voters decide, it was the courts.

This prop 8 issue is no different, courts should decide, and hopefully they will say that prop 8 is unconstitutional and allow same sex marriages to resume in CA.

Posted by Carl , a resident of Jensen Tract
on Dec 1, 2012 at 11:37 am

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Dec 1, 2012 at 7:12 pm

I don't see how inter-racial marriage has had a negative impact on my life or on the lives of my family and friends.

If people with a different racial/ethnic heritage want to marry one another, far be it from me to say no.

If you're in the USA and you can't appreciate the rights of individuals to choose a partner, then perhaps you should consider going back to where your ancestors came from. You might be happier.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Dec 1, 2012 at 7:19 pm

I believe that all Americans have a right to choose who they want to marry.

As I see it, different strokes for different folks. I don't care who somebody else chooses to marry. It's none of my business.

Happy Trails whoever you marry.

Posted by Resident, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Dec 1, 2012 at 11:14 pm

"So, Resident, you seem very informed on this matter. Do you think the court's decision on interracial marriage was a good thing, or no? I've never been able to make up my mind on this one. Help! "

I assume you are being sarcastic. Of course the decision on interracial marriage was a good one! And the courts should now give those same rights to same sex couples. I do not understand those who claim that same sex marriages hurt traditional marriages, how? All same sex couples are asking is to have the same rights as other couples. I hope the courts soon decide to make same sex marriage legal.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Dec 2, 2012 at 12:13 pm

hmmmmmmmmm...what is really troubling Carl? I'm getting curiouser and curiousier...tee hee hee...

what exactly is it that Carl doesn't understand...hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Posted by Carl, a resident of Jensen Tract
on Dec 2, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Negredation and degaynation of our Nation seems par for the course these days. Look who we've got as president. Just keep on tearing apart the constitution folks, just keep on tearing it up.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Dec 3, 2012 at 11:27 am

Hi Carl(a)...when and where do you plan to hold the next KKK meeting?

Keep us all posted...tee hee hee...

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Dec 3, 2012 at 11:31 am

Carl(a) is a California KLUCK(OR)!

BUSTED!

Posted by Cholo, a resident of San Ramon
on Dec 3, 2012 at 11:34 am

B-O, B-O - Web Link

enjoy...CARLA!

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.