This WILL "make my day". Clint Eastwood to speak to RNC tonight

Original post made by stinky, Another Pleasanton neighborhood, on Aug 30, 2012

Rumors are swirling, the RNC has a speaking slot tonight, right before FL Senator Marco Rubio introduces Mitt Romney. The name of the speaker, officialy, is TBA

The unofficial consensus is firming up. The speaker will be none other than Dirty Harry himself, Clint Eastwood

Web Link

After this build-up, if it isn't him, it had better be hologram Ronald Reagan!

Posted by Sam
a resident of Oak Hill
on Aug 31, 2012 at 7:01 am

I've always been a big fan of Clint Eastwood. I would have to agree with what Ann Romney said about his performance. It was "unique".

Posted by stinky
on Aug 31, 2012 at 9:31 am

If you were back east, you could go to the local tavern and pick up free tickets to Obama's counterpart speech next week.

Not sure that giving freebies to drunks in Georgia and telling them to drive themselves to No Carolina is the way to go. Desperation to fill seats?
Web Link

Posted by MePartyPatriot
on Sep 1, 2012 at 9:56 am

MePartyPatriot is a registered user.

I am (although slightly tarnished now)a Clint fan. I know his politics were on the right side, more of a libertarian . However, his speech was inappropriate.

Personally, I don't think much of an entertainer that pushes his/her politics. This includes Chuck Norris and Barbra Streisand. Raising awareness for environmental issues and the sort is one thing, but Clint's uncouth speech is another.

Posted by Sam
a resident of Oak Hill
on Sep 1, 2012 at 12:55 pm

I have been and still am a Clint Eastwood fan, but there is no denying that the other night's speech was not his best performance. I'm more upset with Romney's campaign staff for putting Eastwood up on the stage like that without going over his speech in advance or at least getting Eastwood to outline his speech to them. They did both Clint Eastwood and themselves a great disservice.

James Lipton had some insightful comments on Eastwood's speech:
Web Link

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Sep 1, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I think that Clint Eastwood was AS HIGH AS A KITE WHEN HE SPOKE AT THE republican convention...too much alcohol, cocaine, a combination of something fuzzy! or, he just plain NUTS?

Posted by Conley
on Sep 2, 2012 at 1:29 pm

As my kid would say: "FAIL!"

I'm not much into politics but the right-wing side of the game seem to be a little on the bizarre side of story telling.

Posted by Tennessee Jed
a resident of Jensen Tract
on Sep 2, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Well let's see, he is 82 years old, he looked a bit crumpled and sounded a little bit the same. I will give him a break for some of the stumbling because it didn't seem as if it was a rehearsed bit. Point of it all is, Obama was indeed sitting in that chair on the stage. It's just that everybody see's right through him.

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Sep 2, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I give a d...if he's 82. I'm 70 and I'm not crack pot!

In my opinion, the clint was high something and it wasn't carrot salad.

i rest my case...tee hee

Posted by Sam
a resident of Oak Hill
on Sep 2, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Tennessee Jed said: "Point of it all is, Obama was indeed sitting in that chair on the stage. "

Umm. Well, Tennessee Jed, actually the real truth of the matter is like this: He wasn't!