Homes for our feathered friends

Original post made on Jul 27, 2012

If it's wood, Susan Yager knows how to fix it. When she sees a bird, she wants to build a wooden house for it.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, July 27, 2012, 12:00 AM

Posted by Patricia Delagrange, a resident of another community
on Jul 27, 2012 at 7:57 am

I've never known an artist so passionate about her work. Susan's zest for life and her love of all things made of wood and antiques makes for someone who will put their heart and soul into every job she takes on. And the end product will naturally be astonishing. And it's the comments and appreciation that propel her to do the best work possible and to take as much time as is necessary to do it right and to do it the best. I would imagine if a poll was taken of her clients, Susan would receive 5+ stars out of 5.

Posted by Jimfoo1, a resident of another community
on Jul 27, 2012 at 8:38 am

Sounds like socialism to me.

Posted by Steve, a resident of Parkside
on Jul 27, 2012 at 8:52 am

Recycling? Contributing to the environment? Next the article will reference Al Gore and "global warming."

Posted by Diana McIntyre, a resident of Ruby Hill
on Jul 27, 2012 at 8:58 am

Susan is finally getting what she deserves; recognition publicly. I found out about her business several years ago. My house was full of antiques that were crying out for glue, sanding and restoration. Susan has made my furniture works of art. Her new venture into making bird houses shows the unique side of her personality; each is made with imagination and dedication to excellence. Kudos to Susan!

Posted by Sue Meierding, a resident of Walnut Hills
on Aug 5, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Susan's work is absolutely amazing. I haven't yet had need of her services, but have seen examples of her creativity and level of skill in what she has done in her own most impressive home. Every corner is full of interesting uses of every kind of wooden object imaginable. I come from a family of carpenters and I know outstanding work when I see it. Susan is an artistic asset to our special community.

Posted by Ellen, a resident of Val Vista
on Jan 30, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Susan restored an antique game table that had been passed down to me by my parents. Although it had been refinished previously, Susan took the extra steps to do it right. She disassembled it piece by piece and restored it completely before putting it back together. She also had to create new pieces to replace areas where it had been destroyed or where the wood could not be repaired, but need to be replaced. When Susan says that her clients share tears and hugs, she could have been referring to me. I cried and laughed over this piece. Who knew that furniture could elicit so much emotion. The little game table turned out just beautiful and it has a place of honor in my home. Although we don't actually use it Susan has told me that it has been restored to "use." Sorry Susan, but I just can't stand the thought of someone scratching it now that it looks so beautiful.

Congratulations on the recognition, you certainly deserve it.

Ellen

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.