McNerney Campaign's Very Creepy "Stalker Cam" ... Going Too Far?

Original post made by OutOfBounds on Jul 9, 2012

Anyone else but me think this is going too far?
Note that the Jerry McNerney campaign uses a video cam, with video uploaded to YouTube, of his opponent Ricky Gill's parents home.

Note Page 2 of this >>> Web Link

This compromises his parent's security.

What do you think?

Posted by Stacey to the Rescue!, a resident of Apperson Ridge
on Jul 9, 2012 at 7:08 am

If multi-angle shots were being taken by a monolithic Internet company, it would be a triumph of free market capitalism. Unfortunately, it seems some people on the right have something to hide, and so they raise a fuss. I guess this is what Tea Partiers mean by transparency - not for US, for THEM!

Posted by liberalism is a disease, a resident of Parkside
on Jul 9, 2012 at 8:50 am

liberalism is a disease is a registered user.

"Democrats, on the other hand, insist the videos are fair game — and are unapologetic about the hardball tactics."

Of course they would defend the indefensible. This is only slightly less sleazy than the tactics the unions use...at least to this point there's been no vandalism or physical violence. All attempts to intimidate their opposition since they can't win on their record or ideas. Truly pathetic, desperate and juvenile.

Posted by Stacey to the Rescue!, a resident of Apperson Ridge
on Jul 9, 2012 at 9:08 am

Indefensible! What would Andrew Breitbart or James O'Keefe say?! I'm aghast that the Dumocrats have sunk to their level. Without the deceptive editing, at any rate.

Posted by GO Gill !, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jul 9, 2012 at 9:17 am

I question the real reason. I've met Ricky Gill on several occasions. Formidable opponent for empty suits.
Ricky's a high achiever as were his parents. Ricky is a recent Law grad. He's worked in all areas of his family fruit growing business in central valley.He has huge support East of here. I've met him twice, and is quite impressive in presenting himself and very articulate, which I'm sure puts fear in those unable to speak (won't mention any names). I believe his parents are orthopedic surgeons.
He has set records in his early fundraising.
I can see why McNerney wants to go to unusual lengths.

Posted by Mr. Mittens, a resident of another community
on Jul 9, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I find the house to be a bit small. But there is room for the quaint in America. Although I oppose McNerney, I do commend his people for helping us understand how the less privileged among us live.

Posted by GO Gill !, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jul 9, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I learned tonight Democrats are stalking and videoing a number of Rep opponents homes and activities. How did that get started...way beyond creepy ! jUST SO WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS !

Posted by Mr. Mittens, a resident of another community
on Jul 10, 2012 at 6:09 am

There are many things acceptable in politics. Lying, deception, resistance to transparency. But I learned last night that a Democratic candidate had photographed an opponent's parent's house. (And a swell little hovel it is, in my view). That's beyond creepy. It's like ... Zillow! It's just WRONG on so many levels. I rather vote in a pathological liar than a creepy photographer, wouldn't you?

Posted by Steve, a resident of Stoneridge
on Jul 10, 2012 at 10:46 am

Very telling remarks from the snarky, juvenile impersonator regulars here. No intelligent debate. Just more of the same...

No excuses other than pointing to Andrew Breitbart or James O'Keefe. Or simplistic, uninformed comments alluding to the goals of the Tea Party. Or some childlike references to Mittens and his idea of large homes. Or comparing it to satellite photos on Zillow (you REALLY don't see the difference? -- and Bush was stupid???).

James O'Keefe produced confrontational or expose' type videos showing criminal or abusive behavior, much like Michael Moore's semi-fictional films. Andrew Breitbart didn't produce anything close to this type of video. He generally challenged the left to back up fraudulent claims.

These videos are just showing large homes, or maybe how little security candidates (or their parents) have protecting their homes or offices.

Could one of the snarks please explain why a large home is a bad thing for a candidate?

Could you also explain the reason for sneaking up and silently videotaping a candidate other than showing how easy it would be to attack them.

I think the Democrat incumbants are just trying to make it even more difficult to challenge the power of their incumbancy than it already is. It's quite sinister that our trusted public servants would stoop to these tactics.

Don't we have stalking laws to use against this practice?

Posted by Stacey to the Rescue!, a resident of Apperson Ridge
on Jul 10, 2012 at 10:58 am

Here I am, everybody! Enjoy some links!

Some of James O'Keefe video frauds:
Web Link
Web Link
Web Link

My personal favorite is the one where he tries and fails to seduce the CNN anchor on his "pleasure boat." O'Keefe stands fully aligned with the GOP family values!

Some Andrew Breitbard fraud information:
Web Link
Web Link

Google powers, away!

Posted by Steve, a resident of Stoneridge
on Jul 10, 2012 at 11:45 am

FYI little Stacey, GOP family values include sex and even seduction.

That's usually the way to start a family. Of course, for snarky people of little intelligence, family values means living the life of a monk.

I don't even dispute the fraud or lies in the snarky, googly links you provide. Isn't it sad that the best argument you have is the small-minded claim that our public servants can do it because the worst of the other side did it?

Posted by Stacey to the Rescue!, a resident of Apperson Ridge
on Jul 10, 2012 at 11:59 am

I'm a little unclear on your slippery evasion. Are you admitting that Breitbart and O'Keefe stooped to outright fraud to make cheap manufactured political point or are you saying that they are the "worst" of the Republican activists? Either way, the only item you seem to disagree with me on is that you claim O'Keefe tried to lure a CNN journalist onto his sex boat because this is the way intelligent people start families. Isn't it sad that you think this behavior is appropriate?

Posted by Steve, a resident of Stoneridge
on Jul 10, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I don't care whether Andy or Jimmy lied, or stooped, or are in jail for that matter. They aren't running for office.

Your childlike attitude is quite alarming. You're actually hung up on the intelligence of seducing a CNN reporter? Okay, then YES, intelligent people start families with seduction.

Here's a question for you. Although it might be difficult or impossible for you to correctly answer because it relies on intelligence rather than emotion.

Do intelligent people vote for candidates that stalk opponents in an apparent attempt to demonstrate lax security?

I know. I'm trying to stay on topic rather than discuss family values and seduction, but hey that's the adult in me ;)

Posted by Steve, a resident of Parkside
on Jul 10, 2012 at 5:06 pm

My buddy Steve in Stonehenge is really going to town! My neighbors told me the photo of the house was ment to instagate a OCCUPY protest where the protestors through poop at the police.

Posted by Steve, a resident of Stoneridge
on Jul 10, 2012 at 7:06 pm

The removal of my previous posting made me curious about other stipulations in the TERMS OF USE:

- You agree not to disclose personal information about another person, nor post anything that misleads others as to the source of the posting.

I wonder if any posts are misleading as to the source of the posting. Me thinks "Steve the mispeller from Parkside" isn't being quite honest about the source, is he? For that matter, neither is "Stacey to the Rescue!" (obviously posting as a snarky impersonation of Stacey).

Posted by Steve, a resident of Parkside
on Jul 11, 2012 at 2:18 am

"Me thinks 'Steve the mispeller from Parkside' isn't being quite honest about the source, is he?"

Methinks 'Steve the grammatical wonder from Stoneridge' isn't being quite honest either. Methinks he just isn't a 'quite honest' sort of guy. Where he missed out on grammar he seems also to have missed out on a bit more as well, such as how to construct basic validity claims or how to interpret and appreciate the validity claims of others.

Posted by Stacey to the Rescue!, a resident of Apperson Ridge
on Jul 11, 2012 at 7:58 am

To the angry/tantrumy Steve: where in the Constitution is there a guarantee of the right to privacy anyhow? Or do you believe that "what you feel ain't right" somehow has the force of law? A lot of dark deeds have been done under that assumption, and in fact there are some groups of dubious legality and morality you can join that might make you feel right at home. Got tats?

Posted by liberalism is a disease, a resident of Birdland
on Jul 11, 2012 at 8:24 am

liberalism is a disease is a registered user.

trolls that use the term 'methinks' often do not.

Posted by GO Gill !, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jul 11, 2012 at 10:47 am

TACKY troll DIVERTED us from topic. Petty partisans, tacky trolls, and people with no justifiable positions, feel they must stoop low.
Back to topic... Shame on McNerney for stalking candidate Gill's parents...more tacky, more petty.

Posted by Steve, a resident of Stoneridge
on Jul 12, 2012 at 10:05 am

Thanks "Steve the misspeller" for setting me right on "methinks". I really didn't realize it was a single word rather than two. Surprising, considering your nickname. I know, off topic, but I had to give him/her their do.

On topic - McNerney can't run on his philosophy or record, so he stoops to the gutter to intimidate Ricky Gill instead. Slimey and dirty. Maybe he's trying to appeal to the Occupiers, but I can't believe that the other 99% of Americans would put up with that.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.