Toilet-Papered

Original post made by parent on May 21, 2012

Our home was toilet-papered this weekend.

I want to remind parents that in the State of California, this can be considered an act of vandalism.

Parents, if your kid takes part in this he or she is taking a big risk.

Posted by anon, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 21, 2012 at 1:27 pm

@parent - lighten up, it is a prank, probably between middle schoolers or possibly early high schoolers. We have been tp'd numerous times and I am sure my child has participated in tping their friends. I do know some tping jobs that went overboard, and you could tell it was girls that did the tping (because feminine hygiene products were involved). Make your child(ren) clean it up. Because there is a law against everything these days, including a group hanging out at a park, kids have nowhere to go to have fun. If this is as far as they go we are all lucky. Be happy these tpers weren't out slashing tires.

Didn't you pull any pranks when you were young? Or doesn't the memory go back that far anymore?

Posted by parent, a resident of Amador Estates
on May 21, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Dear Anon,
Yes, it would be best if I'd "lighten up."
Guess we all have our own individual ways of "lightening up, however.

One of the ways in which I'd lighten up is to see vandals get caught and booked.

Posted by Steve, a resident of Parkside
on May 21, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I get tp-ed almost once a week by the little socialist slugs. We have liberal neighbors who's lack of morels encourages there kids to go after our house. This didn't happen when Bush was president. Only since his holiness Barack Hussien Obama became president has the morel question been so astute.

Posted by resident, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 21, 2012 at 3:16 pm

OMG Steve - why does every post you put on the PW forum have to have Obama's name on it - get over it.

Posted by Anon, a resident of another community
on May 21, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Seriously you think because Obama is president kids toilet paper houses. Man Republicans are crazy!!!!!

Posted by Melanie, a resident of Kottinger Ranch
on May 21, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I did it as a teen, our group would basically let people know we were going to get them sometime soon..then after we did, we would go help clean it up. It was just funny to see how bad we could make it and we thought it was funny the next day trying to get it back off the trees with yard tools and hoses!

Guess some kids now are mean sprited and some parents are grumps.

Posted by frank, a resident of Del Prado
on May 21, 2012 at 4:16 pm

@parents - wow was it really that bad of an experience? I mean really? I have seen a house that not only had it's trees and bushes tp'd but had peanut butter smeared all over the front door handle, the water spigot, the mailbox handle, along with shaving cream all over the car windows and sanitary napkins stuck to the back window of the SUV in a smiley face. Then there were the plastic forks all stuck in the lawn. The parents made their kids clean it up but not before taking pictures for the memory book. I am sure their kids went out and got their revenge. I agree with anon, you do need to lighten up.

@steve - I am a republician and I used to tp friends houses when I was in high school....and I remember that Bush Sr. was in office. Please, please, please PW, I know he is a troller, but pull the plug on Steve's posts. :)

Posted by Melanie, a resident of Kottinger Ranch
on May 21, 2012 at 4:41 pm

@ Frank - Ha!! Plastic forks stuck in the lawn...wish I'd have thought of that back in the day :)

@ Steve - When I see you have posted I skim over it and then read the ones that get mad and post back at you...you can sure touch some nerves...oh wait that's the point! Both are usually good for some eye rolling laughs though.

Posted by resident, a resident of Pleasanton Heights
on May 21, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Our house was done in such a way that the vandals stepped on and destroyed hundreds of dollars of plants on the ground beneath the trees. We knew some of the idiots on our street were involved. So we printed cards up saying that we hoped the homeowner liked the vandalism and then signed those kids names and addresses to the cards. We spent the weekend driving around town and finding houses that had tp and we left the cards in the mailbox. After about 25 REALLY angry parents showed up at the vandals house, the vandalism stopped.
A prank is one thing, deliberate vandalism is another. Just because some of the helicopter parents in Pleasanton think their babies have "nothing fun to do" it does not give them the right to damage property. Hope you find the kids responsible and get some satisfaction.

Posted by Lily, a resident of Kottinger Ranch
on May 21, 2012 at 6:11 pm

That's just great that you tried and convicted these kids without knowing for sure who was responsible and went as far as pretending to be them with others that were tp'd. Since you said you know it was a crime, do you also know its a crime to create false evidence of a crime like leaving cards forging KIDS' names because you think they ate responsible. If it were my kid you did this too I'd sue you in a civil court in addition to pressing charges on behalf of my child.

You're a jerk. No plants were ruined. You added this tid bit later after you people said to lighten up. I'm sure you'll be a regular target like all jerks in most neighborhoods are.

Get over yourself and lighten up.

Posted by Been Here, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 21, 2012 at 7:44 pm

It means your kids have friends. You do need to lighten up, Parent.

We were TP'd a bunch of times with our kids. We made them clean it up - no big deal.

Resident...what you did was very serious. You are not the judge and jury. We are all entitled to a trial by a jury of our peers - not by one individual. It may have worked for you that time but could have also lead to something really bad. I think Lily is right - it probably was a crime with greater risks to others than trampled plants.

Posted by steve, a resident of Parkside
on May 21, 2012 at 8:31 pm

All you sheeple are lined up before the alter of the great and powerful B. Hussien Obama. The connections are obvious, yet you choose to drink the kool aide and ignore the reality. In this increasing decrepet and liberal society, made possible by our Almighty dictator, kids think they can get away with anything, and there liberal communist parents just make excuses for them. Whatever happened to the good old days when if you didn't like someone because they were homo you'd cut off there hair? Now, if your Republican they tp your private property. As a taxpayer I resent this humongously.

Posted by Mom of 4, a resident of Downtown
on May 21, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Getting TPed is a compliment, it means you have friends. You do your kids a disservice to be a jerk about it.
I had a dad show up furious that his house had been TPed by a group that included one of my kids. I told him I would send them over to clean it up but first I showed him the pictures of his daughter and her friends posing in front of the extreme TP job they had done on our house. I had not thrown a fit, I thought it was beautiful so we took picture before my kids cleaned it up. I felt sorry for his daughter, and I feel sorry for your kids.
Lighten up and enjoy the journey it is over too fast.

Posted by Laughing at Steve!, a resident of Bordeaux Estates
on May 21, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Steve, this is priceless!:

"lack of morels"

I couldn't find any at the new Safeway off Bernal. I guess they are lacking in "morels" also.

Posted by resident, a resident of Pleasanton Heights
on May 21, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Lily and BT, get a grip. The little sleazeballs admitted what they had done so I was right about them. I had more than enough evidence to know exactly who the guilty parties were. Of course you would sue Lily, your kids are perfect and you would never believe otherwise. Parents like you make it possible for kids to slash tires and worse.

Posted by Jim, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 21, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I think people should lay off Steve. His spelling may not be the greatest but he has a pretty good point about the breakdown in society and the crime rate that keeps rising and rising. I will add another thing that contributes to this mess with just one word. BART to Pleasanton. Were are all the people now who were saying that crime wouldn't go up if when the new BART station opened? This is just more of the same.

Posted by resident, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 21, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Only the cool kids get tp'd. Quite an acomplishment considering their source.

Posted by Spacini@comcast.net, a resident of Parkside
on May 22, 2012 at 5:27 am

Looks like mittens is posting under my name again. Apparently, it's a slow day in the basement for our PW troll. Seems he roped in lots of gullible posters as well. Easily distract are we? Don't look at the bright shiny thing, focus.....and don't feed the trolls.
You guys should know better by now.

Posted by nancy s., a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 22, 2012 at 7:17 am

@Jim - how many times do we have to say this "BART is not the reason for the increase in crime in Pleasanton". Criminals are not taking public transportation to Pleasanton then walking or hoping on a bus to go commit a crime. Figure it out.

Posted by steve, a resident of Parkside
on May 22, 2012 at 7:30 am

Ignore the shiney object and focus on the big picture. Jim is square on. Our community is collapsing before our very eyes. Low income housing is bringing in those that BART allready hasn't brought in. Environmentalist bicycles are claiming the roadways. Crime is rife. Liberal parents giggle when there out of control little communist wanna be monsters toilet paper my house almost every week. The logic cannot be denied. It all starts from the top. And we have a socialist tyrant sitting on his hands while we fane obeysauce to him and his Queenly wife. Focus people!

p.s. I'm not leaving for Idaho. I'm ESCAPING to Idaho to get free of the liberal loon idiots who are rasing kids to take this country down into Animal Farm.

Posted by Curious, a resident of Del Prado
on May 22, 2012 at 11:36 am

@ steve - I have to commend you. It cannot be a simple task to mis-spell so many words in such creative ways. Have you overridden your Autocorrect feature? My favorite was "obeysauce". Pure brillance!

Posted by Melinda, a resident of Bridle Creek
on May 22, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Does anyone else find it interesting that resident keeps adding to his story when he is told to lighten up or when it was pointed out that he probably committed a more serious crime by driving around and signing kids names to 25 TP jobs around the city without any proof it was them. First he said it was vandalism. Then when people told him to get over himself "hundreds of dollars of plants were destroyed" as if he wouldn't have mentioned that to begin with if it were true. And then he at first said he "knew" who was responsible and now I think he's claiming the kids admitted it, again, something he just threw in when he was told he was being an idiot. So in my humble opinion, not only is this person an idiot who needs to lighten up, he convicted kids of something without due process, he forged their names to other TP jobs that he doesn't know if they were guilty of, committed a few crimes along the way and he's a big fat liar with his adding of important details only after being pushed back on. Zero credibility and no doubt a judge would have seen this had he handled it correctly and call the police if he was so bothered and allowed the process to work. No one would have been cited because clearly there's no proof which is probably precisely why he handed down his own brand of illegal justice.

You're an idiot. My oldest child was accussed of a TP job that involved eggs and peanut butter and the nut job (like you) that lived there went to her job to try to get her fired because she "knew" (like you) that my daughter was guilty. The police laughed at her just like they would have laughed at you because we had absolute evidence that it was impossible for my daughter to have taken part in it even though just like you this nut job was positive it was my child. The police were quickly able to determine this and my daughter's employer thankfully saw her for the white trash she was. My daughter could have lost her job though because of someone playing god just like you.

Go crawl back from under the rock you live and quit playing god. You are lucky if you don't get sued. I agree with Lily. If my wrongfully accused daughter had been a minor, I would have absolutely gone after this piece of garbage (like you) both in civil and criminal courts.

Posted by Homer, a resident of Downtown
on May 22, 2012 at 3:53 pm

may be we can pass a law - no "tp"ing in Pleasanton ever ever again. I have never heard so much drivel over something so trivial.

Posted by homeowner, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 22, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Actually I think it's already covered under various vandalism, trespassing, defacement of property, malicious destruction and quiet enjoyment laws.

If your kids are so bored why don't they just TP their own house and then you can have them clean it up?

Not everybody thinks your kids are cute or just having good clean fun - quite the opposite. Some people actually work quite a bit to enjoy the finer things in life like owning a nice home and relaxing, not cleaning up after someones punk-ass kids.

Trivializing this is not only bad parenting but bad neighborly behavior. I guess for some folks on here kids slashing tires is just good old clean fun that doesn't hurt anybody either probably.

Posted by joy, a resident of Birdland
on May 22, 2012 at 6:44 pm

The problem here is that resident played god instead of doing what he should have and called the police so the appropriate laws could have been applied if law enforcement felt there was appropriate evidence for such citations to be issued. This resident should have either called the police or gone to the parents of the kids he "knew" were guilty. Choosing to sign these kids' names to numerous other TP'ing jobs in addition to personally convicting them is just plain wrong. What if we all handled being a victim of a crime this way and just handled it ourselves and literally signed who we thought committed the crime to every other similar crime in the area? And what if the person accussed wrongfully was you and we had hill billies like this creating evidence to convict who he personally "knew" did this? C'mon really?

We've been TP'd a few times. Sort of goes along with having somewhat popular teenage girls. We take it in stride and don't get too worked up about it. What's the point in getting worked up anyway? It's not going to clean up the mess and unless I had video of it from a hidden camera (which I would never be so paranoid to have), I can have thoughts on who the guilty party might be, but certainly no evidence of it. I definitely would not do what this person did. Someone needs to chill out.

I do agree with the others that have pointed out that this story seems to be evolving based on the feedback on here. Doesn't speak to it's authenticity.

Posted by Penelope, a resident of Downtown
on May 23, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I'm at loss of words... complaining about TPing!?!?!
Pleasanton has reached an all time new low. Of all the things..

Posted by Melanie, a resident of Kottinger Ranch
on May 23, 2012 at 3:25 pm

@ Penelope: At least they are not complaining about getting low wage renters/homeowners in their neighborhood OR how they can get their next super cheap loaf of non-unionized wonder bread. Ahh..if only the two ideals fit hand in hand...

Posted by Whome, a resident of Amador Estates
on May 23, 2012 at 8:39 pm

OMG Really!!! Hahahahahahaha. Stop you are killing me!

Posted by Mr Whipple, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 23, 2012 at 9:56 pm

HEY STEVE-let kids be kids

Posted by what are your own kids doing, a resident of Foothill High School
on May 24, 2012 at 8:51 am

To parent and all others complaining

if you are complaining about your own house being tp'd... you'd better be watching your own kids. My bet is that your kids are out tp'ing other people's houses. Unless you have an alarm on your house to make sure they don't get out and you never let them sleep over at a friend's house... you really can't be sure.

Posted by Truth, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 9, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Really? Clean it up and shut your mouth...your daughter knows the suspects.

Posted by KeithB, a resident of Mohr Park
on Jun 14, 2012 at 7:20 pm

My buddy had his house TPed at least 3x per month.

He got fed up with it and set up 4 or 5 video cameras (not very discreet) along the outside of his house.

Not only did the TP stop, but it also limited door to door "solicitors" and may have limited neighborhood crime.

BTW - Solicitors can = criminals - {especially when they use it as a way to scope out the home}

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.