Bronze of beloved pooch unveiled in owners' backyard ceremony

Original post made on May 9, 2012

For eight years Tigo, a large black curly-coated Portuguese water dog, romped the 15-acre estate of Marlene and Bill Rebello, their fun-loving, faithful boy.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, May 9, 2012, 6:57 AM

Posted by Daniel Bradford
a resident of Foothill High School
on May 9, 2012 at 8:12 am

This article is beyond parody.

Posted by Dylan Murphy
on May 9, 2012 at 8:33 am

Now that's what I call money well spent.

Posted by Sue
a resident of another community
on May 9, 2012 at 10:11 am

Wow, very cool. Leroy has talked a lot about Tigo, but I never got to see him.

Posted by Pete
a resident of Del Prado
on May 9, 2012 at 10:30 am

What a great story... I dare the angry self serving knuckleheads who spew hate on these pages to say something negative about this... ! lol

Posted by Hmmm
on May 9, 2012 at 11:23 am

I'll bet the money spent on this statue could feed quite a few hungry children.

Posted by steve
a resident of Stoneridge
on May 9, 2012 at 11:50 am

Hmmmmm ... we can do without your troll spewing liberal guilt ribbon comments. The great thing about being an American is that you can spent your money however you want to, although the good king socialist Obama desires otherwise. A few hungry children? Why don't you become a do gooder missionary in the Fillapines or something,.

Posted by Harriet B. Hind
a resident of Castlewood
on May 9, 2012 at 12:48 pm

WTF? Some people just have to much money and time on their hands. I agree with the first comment-it is far beyond a parody. I am still shaking my head.

Posted by Been there
on May 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm

When our daughter pet hamster Suzette died, we had a full blown burial ceremony, ad we had here remains put into a beautiful mausoleum. It was followed by a party for100 of our closest friends, where we talked and remembered Suzette and here happy days spinning the wheel in her cage.

It was lovely!

Posted by Stacee
on May 9, 2012 at 3:12 pm

When my goldfish died-we flushed him down the toilet. I was only 8 at the time-so traumatizing I never had another pet again until I got my pet rock.

Posted by news worthy
a resident of another community
on May 9, 2012 at 3:21 pm

PW really thought this was news worthy.

Posted by Kathy
a resident of Harvest Park Middle School
on May 9, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I got a cute little duck for Easter one year. He outgrew the box, so we kept him in the garage and would let him out (in the summer, not the winter because it's cooooold in Chicago in the winter). One day a dog jumped the fence and picked up Ducky and ran off with him. We found Ducky's head later that day but not the body. We buried the head and a few feathers and put a cross over his grave.

Well, to make a long story short, we called our city councilman to complain about our neighbor's dog being off the leash. As it turns out, the dog owner was a Teamster boss who had bought off the entire city council. I learned a lesson then and there about unions and Chicago politics.

Posted by Mike
a resident of Highland Oaks
on May 10, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Here's the original story:

Web Link

Mike

Posted by new
on May 10, 2012 at 9:07 pm

a nice story, but is this news?
LOL

Posted by Pet Lover in Pleasanton
a resident of Golden Eagle
on May 12, 2012 at 6:56 am

I think it was a lovely story and very heartwarming. I don't understand why anyone would make a negative comment on a story about families loving their pet/family member. It is/was the beauty of America that we can spend our hard earned money as we see fit. I would not be a bit surprised if these folks were heavy contributors to many charities, too. Pet lovers tend to be generous and kind. I feel sad for those of you that do not understand this story.