Rush L.

Original post made by mooseturd, Pleasanton Valley, on Mar 6, 2012

With the Rush's advertisers trampling each other heading for the exits I thought it might be useful to consider who's sticking with the idiot.

Those still advertising include American Forces Network, Tax Resolution Services, Lifelock, Hillsdale College, Health/Heart and Body, Lear Capital, Allstate and AOL.

Now I think Obama might want to reconsider the American Forces Network. The rest of us might examine who we patronize.

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Mar 6, 2012 at 10:03 am

Stacey is a registered user.

The news last night said AOL pulled their ads too.

Posted by Kathleen Ruegsegger
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Mar 6, 2012 at 10:18 am

Kathleen Ruegsegger is a registered user.

I have never listened to Rush--never understood anyone's fascination with him in the first place. So, I wouldn't know who was supporting him with their ads (and advertisers just go where there are big audiences anyway).

Posted by SteveP
a resident of Parkside
on Mar 6, 2012 at 12:19 pm

SteveP is a registered user.

A question for you anti-1st amendment folks: Where were you when Bill Maher was calling Republican feamle candidates boobs, c*nt, tw*ts etc? This is the same guy who contributed a cool million to your messiah so he could continue his regime for another 4 miserable years.
When he uttered his insults at multiple targets, did you hear of anyone demanding his advertisers drop him or remove him from the airways?
I know you folks are invested in the leftists double standard, which is why everyone expects this obvious hypocrisy. Your targeted outrage speaks volumes about your slanted values and shallow thought process.
In the end, it's all entertainment, I guess.....

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Mar 6, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Stacey is a registered user.

"Anti-first amendment" is an interesting term to use there, Steve. Slander against a public figure (like Sarah Palin) is considered protected speech under the 1st amendment while slander of a private citizen is not. Rush's speech was not protected under the First Amendment however much you may think Rush was only exercising his rights.

But more to the point, whether the speech is protected or not doesn't make the debasement of the public discourse right. I'm not trying to defend Maher. I don't agree with calling Palin those names either. But I don't watch Maher anymore than I listen to Rush. You can blame the media for not bringing national attention to Maher earlier.

Posted by Spacini@comcast.net
a resident of Parkside
on Mar 6, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Fluke stopped being a 'private citizen' when she became a spokesperson for private, Catholic school sponsored contraception in front of a Dem sponsored press conference. She is now the public face of promiscuous women demanding religious institutions bow to her screeches about her right to free abortifacients.

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Mar 6, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Stacey is a registered user.

Steve,

I agree that there's some determination still to be made by the courts as to whether she's actually a public figure, but I think you continue to miss the bigger picture: the debasement of the public discourse. It might be your freedom of speech to use crass language, but should you?

Posted by SteveP
a resident of Parkside
on Mar 7, 2012 at 7:57 am

SteveP is a registered user.

Stacey, no, I did not miss the point, hence my bringing up the numerous crude insults hurled my Maher. Rush's inappropriate comments were just the latest example of discourse that has degraded since 2008. He is being made an example of because the he is on the right and the media and the Dems think they now have the high ground. The bigger picture is, this has been going on long before this latest incident was blown out of proportion in the press and in the halls of govt. The bigger picture that you guys are ignoring is the double standard that has existed for years and the fact that it is condoned and persists as long as the media lean left.

Posted by mooseturd
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Mar 7, 2012 at 8:06 am

mooseturd is a registered user.

Hey, I don't want Rush removed from the air. I just want folks to boycott his advertisers. Rush serves a valuable public service -- electing Democrats.

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Mar 7, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Stacey is a registered user.

Steve,

I'm not ignoring that double standard at all. I suggested that the media didn't bring national attention to Maher's comments in a post above. And yes, this kind of discourse has been going on for a long time. How will it get turned around if we don't start somewhere? Now's as good a time as any.

Posted by Spacini@comcast.net
a resident of Parkside
on Mar 13, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Nice to see the dem operatives have learned to use computers (illegally): Web Link

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?