Where did that post go?

Original post made by Doris on Jan 18, 2012

Last night I read a post about the new Walmart grocery. A few comments were posted.
Now it's gone! Why?
Someone posts a comment, a few people respond and poof, it's gone.
I suspect the issue of Walmart and Pleasanton, and toss in Safeways name, and it's a not allowed!
How sad.
This is our town and what goes on here is our concern.
Why can't we talk about it?

Posted by A Local Citizen, a resident of another community
on Jan 18, 2012 at 9:46 am

[This post was removed because it was only a story copied from another publication. If it had included discussion and referenced a link to the other publication, that would have been acceptable.)

Posted by Doris, a resident of Parkside
on Jan 18, 2012 at 10:32 am

Thank you for the link!
Wouldn't it be nice if they explained WHY they deleted it?

Posted by Billie, a resident of Mohr Park
on Jan 18, 2012 at 11:52 am

Doris,
Is this the thread you couldn't find?
Web Link

I don't know how you view the forum threads, but I've found that "missing" threads are much easier to track and find in the "message board view" rather than the "main view" of the forum.

Posted by Doris, a resident of Parkside
on Jan 18, 2012 at 3:23 pm

No, that wasn't the one. The one I was referring to had the link to the article in the Contra Costa Times.

Posted by Lee, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jan 19, 2012 at 9:26 am

Hey--I'm all for another grocery outlet on this side of town. There isn't one at present so a lot of my neighbors go across the highway to the Safeway on Tassajara. I would love to have a grocery store close enough that I could walk there every few days!

Posted by Hannah, a resident of Gatewood
on Jan 19, 2012 at 11:03 am

Lee...."I would love to have a grocery store close enough that I could walk there every few days!"......so would I.
I'm not holding my breath tho. Our city council will probably find a way to stop this.
I say let them do it and let the shoppers decide where they want to spend their money.
I stopped in at the new Safeway the other afternoon on my home from work. Needed milk so figured I'd look around. What's with the lighting in that store. It is so dark in there. I wish they would turn the lights up.
I won't be going back to that store, I wasn't impressed. And certainly didn't like the prices.

Posted by Mort, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jan 19, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Hannah,

The lighting may have to do with keeping you from seeing how old their produce is. Just a guess though.

Tha tnew Safeway works for me in that it has a larger selection of bulk items. Whenever I can buy unpacked food. I will do it.

Posted by Hannah, a resident of Gatewood
on Jan 19, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Mort, I think you are right about the produce!
But geez, it's nice to be able to see.
Bulk foods selection is good, I'll give them that.
Sometime take a ride to Tracy and check out the Winco store. I have never seen a bulk food selection like they have. They literally have hundreds of items. And you will never beat their prices.

Posted by A Local Citizen, a resident of another community
on Jan 20, 2012 at 11:05 am

I am responding to the Pleasanton Weekly and everyone else who asked where the post went.

First of all I did post a link to the Contra Costa Times article. So the Pleasanton Weekly saying I did not is not true.

So here is the link again. Web Link and yes it is here for people to discuss.

We will see if the Pleasanton Weekly will be fair this time. They deleted my link Twice! I repeat Pleasanton Weekly you deleted my link twice!

Posted by Michelle , a resident of Del Prado
on Jan 20, 2012 at 1:11 pm

If anyone thinks your produce will be any better from a Walmart you are gravely mistaken.

Posted by Mort, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jan 20, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Michelle,

The best produce is to be found at the Farmer's Market. Locally grown, freshly picked, and very competitive prices if you look. I find many fruits and vegetables, not onlyway way better than anything you find at any grocery store in town, but many times with the same or lower price.

Other than bananas, I don't really have a need to ever even look at grocery store produce.

Posted by Robert, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jan 20, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I think it's funny that one of the "hot button" topics in Pleadanton is a grocery store. I can't believe some of the comments I've read here over the last six months or so.

I guess if a grocery store is our biggest concern, then we're doing pretty darn good!

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.