Tim Hunt is now reporting on PleasantonWeekly.com

Original post made on Jan 3, 2012

Award-winning writer Tim Hunt is back with a report today calling on Alameda County voters to reject a proposal that would make a transportation tax surcharge permanent.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 7:06 AM

Posted by Bill, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Jan 3, 2012 at 8:26 am

What's the difference between reporting and opinion at the Pleasanton Weekly? A reporter reports and a columnist offer's his opinion. At least that's how I thought it worked. A reporter urging voters to do something isn't appropriate, and you are doing the community a disservice by apparently not knowing the difference.

Posted by steve, a resident of Parkside
on Jan 3, 2012 at 8:53 am

Bill, in any case, despite your ignoring that editorializing is commonplace nowadays in all forms of media, this tax needs to go away as it was originally intended.

Posted by Pro-Law, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jan 3, 2012 at 10:17 am

While I agree with the writer's sentiments this shouldn't be titled as "reporting". File this under Op-Ed or something.

Posted by Bill, a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Jan 3, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Agree with Tim Hunt.

Do not vote to give these idiots anymore money. They have wasted almost 200 million dollars on the 680 Express Lane fiasco. CalTrans wanted to install a northbound carpool lane on the Sunol grade. If this project would have been kept, we would have had carpool lanes southbound and northbound in 2005, the 680/84 interchange wouldn't be screwed up, and we would have money left over to actually fix the potholes on 680 southbound between Pleasanton/Sunol Road and Hwy 84 interchange.

Now we are stuck with a toll road that is a money pit for the taxpayer, a northbound carpool lane that will not be built until 2014, if ever, and a highway interchange that is so screwed up, it makes any benefits of the Express Lane negligible. To top it off these directors instructed CalTrans to turn on the metering lights which did not help the freeway traffic any, but caused huge backups of traffic on the local city streets.

Let CalTrans do the job they were hired to do. Get rid of these transportation councils which do nothing but suck up taxpayer money and cause needless delays in beneficial projects.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Jan 4, 2012 at 10:15 am

I sure hope that Tim Hunt writes a few funny articles. i rest my case...

Posted by Welcome Tim, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jan 4, 2012 at 10:40 am

Poor Tim, cholo always has to have the final word.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Jan 4, 2012 at 12:20 pm

you sure know how to tease a person!

Posted by Marvin, a resident of Castlewood
on Jan 9, 2012 at 7:28 am

Oh come on Timmy.. locked to registered users! You have the authority to block or eliminate messages that dont agree with your GOP ways!.Give us all a break: you are reporting the Fox way. Fair and balanced as long as it conforms to your views. Please please dont give us any of your Jesus fairy tale stuff.

Posted by Stacey, a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Jan 9, 2012 at 10:16 am

Stacey is a registered user.

Yea, come on Mr. Hunt, can't we exploit your labor to moderate all posts for free so we don't have to do the work of starting our own anonymous blog to have our views heard?

Posted by Kathleen Ruegsegger, a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Jan 9, 2012 at 10:53 am

I'd have to agree that posting a story and locking it to only registered users is not really a blog. So far, his posts slide off page one of the topic list rather rapidly. Either Tim is posting an opinion for only the few to comment (and then, really, he's just wanting to tell us what he thinks) or he can open it up and even comment on our comments. The latter would be more interesting. With his history as a community member, he certainly knows the players. I would think interest in his "blog" will disappear entirely if it's essentially a one way street.

Posted by Welcome Tim, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jan 9, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I'm glad to see Stacey and kathleen spoke up. I early on eagerly endorsed Tim blogging. Then, I'm sure it was because of the pathetic Cholo problem, they switched to registered....so I thot well I don't even bother reading things I can't comment about......freely..
I prefer anon, mainly because I won't be sterotyped.. Many of the more ignorant and petty today, jump to conclusions if you take a position on X something, then obviously, you're X on something that your're a Z. I will not be lumped with people I don't like, because I might agree on one issue.
So, I don't know how or why the 'registered' is not 'up' today..But, that's a step forward....IF you want participation. It had been announced that Tim would be 'blogging', not serving as 'editor' or 'contributor'. Hopefully, this will work out and we can develop informed discussions, i.e.....exchange of 'information' is quite valuable, 'opinions'? not so much !

Posted by Kathleen Ruegsegger, a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Jan 9, 2012 at 6:17 pm

To Welcome, This particular topic is about Tim, not by Tim, so there are no restrictions. His two posts are still locked as far as I know.

Posted by Welcome Tim, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jan 9, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Oh NO ! ! Well,like I said, If I can't be 'engaged', why bother.

Posted by Arnold, a resident of Birdland
on Jan 11, 2012 at 5:52 am

Interesting discussion [Web Link google]

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.