Pleasanton Parenting Profain Children

Original post made by Kimberly Croddy, Vineyard Hills, on Dec 30, 2011

I was just now verbally assaulted, at Tawny Park, by a teenage girl riding by in the passenger seat of a new style light blue Mustang. The Mustang was swerving out of the bike lane near my 5 year boy and I. I looked at the car to see if I needed to alert the others that the car may be coming off the road. The passenger yelled out her window "What the f**** are you looking at you stupid f***ing fat *itch".

I am the mother of a 5 year old boy who attends Valley View elementary. I have not yet had to deal with teenage angst. However, what is going on with all the teen age swearing. Is it that parents have more to worry about? My guess is that this angry girl would probably never talk like that in front of her parents. I hope I do a better job raising my son, so that he knows the values of society. There was no need for her to become angry and swear profanely. I should be able to go to the park and back without fear of nearly being hit and then told I am a "******g **t ***ch". I hope that Pleasanton really is a community of character, but it does not really feel that way.

Posted by Grandma's ovservations
on Dec 30, 2011 at 3:18 pm

In all my years, I've found girls to be meaner, nastier, more emotional, and more vicious than boys,and in general more trouble than boys. However, recently, I'd say all these problems apply to both these days.

Posted by wow
on Dec 30, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Pomp, arrogant, entitled little darlings. Like mommy, like daughter...

Pleasanton pretends to be a "Community of Character"

It is a heavily right wing viral community of angry snobs.

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Dec 30, 2011 at 3:53 pm

their brains are still growing...they need time to grow up...

NOT ALL TEENS ARE ABUSIVE OF OTHERS

besides...nobody is perfect all the time...

Posted by Mike
a resident of Highland Oaks
on Dec 30, 2011 at 5:15 pm

How could she have known you were stupid?

Mike

Posted by Beth
a resident of Mohr Park
on Dec 30, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Kimberly,

In directly addressing the orginal post, I get the impression from my son that a lot of the profanity used away from home and adults they know is to impress their "friends" and be at a higher standing in their social circle. While teens everywhere tend to be very self-centered and obnoxious, especially when in groups, the majority of teens (girls and boys) in Pleasanton are not vulgar towards strangers. Remember too, teens are trying on various personas to figure out who they really are, part of this is experimenting with a "tough" outer shell. You are right, you should be able to go to the park with your 5 year old and not hear profanity. Though my son is now 16, I remember when he was little, leaving local parks when the high schoolers arrived because the behavior was one I didn't want him to be around.

Posted by Tango
a resident of Vineyard Avenue
on Dec 30, 2011 at 11:35 pm

I reminder when my daughter turned twelve. I thought she had been kidnaped and I had been given another child. She started acting out and was not pleasant to be around. She thought she was always right and that her parents had no idea about the real world. This went on until she turned sixteen. I guess I should be glad that my old daughter was given back to us. She would slip into her old ways every once and awhile, but as time went on she was really nice to be around. There may be hope for these teenagers. Think back to your childhood, were you perfect when you were away from your parents?

Posted by Ben
a resident of Verona
on Dec 31, 2011 at 12:49 am

Okay, how do you know these were Pleasanton kids? And even bid they were, are you implying this is a problem with just Pleasanton kids and not something that exists with teens in general and not just with our town? Raise a teen or two and then revisit your post. Its not as easy as you think and teens are not robots or remote controls that you can set parental controls with.

Posted by Steve
a resident of Parkside
on Dec 31, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Wow, time to jump in your Pious and drive out of town for good. If things are so bad here, you obviously need to get out now. No one will think of you as an angry snob for leaving, that would be giving you a complement.

Posted by Tam
a resident of The Knolls
on Jan 2, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I would have chased her down, followed her home and beat her mom's a$$....then said "yep, that JUST HAPPENED MOM"! All I am saying is that it would take that to be said to the wrong person who is fed up with their crap and take it to the next level. Happens everyday..maybe not here..but it happens.