The Unfair Focus on Bachmann Headaches

Original post made by Holden , Another Pleasanton neighborhood, on Jul 20, 2011

I would like to think I'm a rationale human being. I look at the news and get upset just like everyone else. Unfortunately, I don't fall on either side as easily as many people do. I'm okay with that. But, recently people have been attacking Michelle Bachmann's ability to lead because she has migraine headaches. I decided to Google past Presidents to see if they had similar problems. Here's the list:

This story contains 861 words.

If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.

If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jul 20, 2011 at 5:42 pm

it's all about politics...i don't want a president in the WH who gets incapacitating headaches...the usa deserves a healthy prez, not a sickie...sorry...

besides, the bit about migraines is just another way of saying she's a sickie...

Posted by Zippy
a resident of Del Prado
on Jul 20, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Thanks Holden. That does it. I'm voting for Bachmann. Tell all her Republican opponents to back off, will ya?

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jul 20, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Why should Americans have to suffer just because she gets migraines?

I think that she needs to keep quiet about this medical mess otherwise we will loose confidence in her and in the office of the presidency.

Some people can bite the bullet and suffer silently. If she needs to tell everybody about her migraines, she must be a weakling and targeting the sympathy vote, NOT!

Posted by Julie
on Jul 20, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Julie is a registered user.

We discussed this in the car today because we heard it on the news. JFK popped right into my mind.

Posted by A Neighbor
on Jul 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm

It won't be her migraines that keep me from voting for her, honestly. It will be her inflexibility on the budget crisis, her open hatred of gays, her refusal to support reproductive rights and her lack of any substantive foreign policy experience. Migraines do not even make the list of her negatives for me.

Posted by Sam
a resident of Oak Hill
on Jul 20, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Julie said: "I'm so proud of my daughter, her comment was basically..."THAT'S their concern about her? That she has migraines?""

I would hope that you would coach your daughter to more carefully examine the facts before dismissing concerns like these in such a breezy manner. Depending on the individual circumstances, migraines may be a minor matter or migraines can be a major matter. There have been claims that Bachmann's migraines have occasionally been so debilitating that they caused her to miss days of work at a time. That's not a minor health issue for any job, and especially not for the office of the President of the US.

MSNBC report on Bachmann's migraines: Web Link

Posted by unclehomerr..
on Jul 20, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I think if I'd raised, what - 30 plus foster kids, gone to law school, and run for congress, I'd deserve a migrane once in a while.

Maybe that's the only way she can get a nap!

unclehomerr..

PALIN/BACHMAN - 2012

Posted by Arroyo
on Jul 20, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Roosevelt and Kennedy seemed to be able to handle the job with all of their ills, and I expect somebody with migraines can do the same..

Posted by Julie
on Jul 20, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Julie is a registered user.

Sam, I think you missed the point. My daughter gets it. I think she shares "A Neighbors" sentiments.

And, I agree with Arroyo. If men can command with such ailments, so can a woman! Heck, we're used to feeling pain!

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jul 21, 2011 at 12:26 am

how could anybody mention mb and JFK in the same breath...give it a rest

Like this comment
Posted by Repub votes no michelle
on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:45 am

First, I would never vote for crusading catholics to intrude and meddle in personal lives. However, migranes are hardly on the same scale of Pres John Kennedy living on major drugs. (he had both girls and other drugs brought into WH). He lived with intense back pain...all the time. The drugs were on the scale that today would be front page and twitter 'news'....back then the press didn't intrude into personal habits of presidents or presidential candidates.
Last night I watched the special on catholics exorcising the devils from those who suffer...maybe Michelle should try that, which reminds me...What have we done to deserve Cholo back to haunt us ?? and 3 times already in this thread (his politics are showing !

Posted by Chris
a resident of Stoneridge
on Jul 21, 2011 at 9:33 am

Migraines should not be a topic . . . but that's the media and politics for you. They should really be talking about her qualifications to lead which are . . . that's funny . . . I can't think of any!

Posted by RobinM
a resident of Foothill High School
on Jul 21, 2011 at 10:37 am

Actually the story came from opponents on the Right who don't want her to win the nomination. This is not coming from the left.

Posted by Yet Another Teacher
a resident of Hart Middle School
on Jul 21, 2011 at 11:05 am

I don't object to Bachmann's candidacy because she has headaches.

I object to Bachmann's candidacy because the thought of her as President for four years gives ME a headache.

Oy, vey.

Posted by Really?
a resident of Las Positas
on Jul 21, 2011 at 11:42 am

Posted by Sam
a resident of Oak Hill
on Jul 21, 2011 at 11:55 am

"Holden: You say, "I don't fall on either side as easily as many people do..." Yet you sneak in there next to Clinton's name "Draft Dodger"... Yeah, we see what side you're on."

LOL! Holden should look up what chickenhawk Dick Cheney was doing during the Vietnam war.

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:02 pm

It's not the end of the world just because Michelle B. has migraines. She has migraines in common with millions of people all over the planet. What's so bad about that?

What is going to give her the jumbo migraine of her life is when everybody in the USA views the John Stewart video about her hubby and his deeply held anti-gay sentiments. It's funny so get ready to laugh laugh laugh and I don't mean maybe!

I understand that he an Senator Larry Craig have much in common!

tee hee hee, tee hee hee...

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Web Link

John Steward re: the Marcus B.- way funny...enjoy mes petites!

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:23 pm

tutti frutti over rudi...a wam baba lubba, a wam bam boom...

Posted by b
on Jul 22, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Agreed...headaches are the least of her problems. There are much better problems with Michelle B for us to worry about.

Posted by Leland
a resident of Ruby Hill
on Jul 23, 2011 at 6:48 am

She wants to lower my tax rate and she wants to do away with minimum wage. What's not to like? Her willingness to spend the next four years rescinding obamacare is just sweetening my caviar.

Posted by Janna
a resident of Dublin
on Jul 23, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Janna is a registered user.

I love watching the republicans try to take each other out! Where's the popcorn?

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:16 pm

the reason she has headaches is because her neck is only 1/2 inch long...she has to rilly stretch to see what's going on around her and that give her a neck/headache...duh...

Posted by steve
a resident of Parkside
on Jul 26, 2011 at 8:51 am

Janna-who do you think will run for President from the Dem's side of the spectrum? I bet there would aslo be some bickering about which of them could lead better than your current 'leader'. Time for a change......what's in place now is obviously not working.

Posted by Rivera
a resident of Apperson Ridge
on Jul 26, 2011 at 10:53 am

If I had to prop my hypnotic eyes open like she does, I'd have a headache too.