Who is financing the Parcel Tax Campaign?

Original post made by Jill on May 1, 2011

The filings from the county show the parcel tax campaign has raised $67,956. Contributors include:

Caltronics Business Systems, Sacrament, $500
Hart Middle School PTA, $999
Alisal PTA, $2500
Mohr Elementary PTA, $1850
California Teachers Association Union, $1500
Window Homeowners Association, San Ramon, $1000
KeyAgent LLC Public Finance, El Segundo, $5000
Walnut Grove PTA, $999
Harvest Park PTA, $999
Hearst PTA, $5000
Kingsley Bogard Thompson LLP, Folsom, $2000
Fairlands PTA, $999
Lydikson PFC, $999
Association of Pleasanton Teachers PAC, Dublin, $650

The No campaign has not filed since their income/expense is less than $1,000 , the amount you have to reach before filing. I did contact somebody from that group to see if I could make a small contribution and they said thanks but they were not accepting donations but said if I wanted to make a contribution to donate directly to a classroom.

Posted by Three Cheers!!!, a resident of Country Fair
on May 1, 2011 at 10:16 am

This is great news, and thanks so much for posting this, Jill! I'm buoyed to know so many reputable and well-respected organizations have shown their support for the Measure E parcel tax, and I'm reinforced in the conviction that my Yes on Measure E vote was the correct way to go. An excellent education for our children doesn't stop at the Pleasanton border, but affects us all as citizens of these great United States. Thanks again for making me proud!

Posted by js, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 1, 2011 at 10:40 am

Why would a homeowners association in San Ramon be making a contribution for Pleasanton Schools.

I see that we have lawyers who helped place our bonds are on this list, even though the Attorney General said what we were doing with our bond cashing out was illegal. I guess this was a payback for the district using their overpriced, questionable services.

I also thought that our donations to the PTA were to go directly to the schools. I did not realize they were using our donations on campaigning. So I guess we will have to cut back in our school budgets on what the PTA can help with since part of their money is no longer available to the schools. I am shocked at Hearst PTA giving $5,000. That could have done so much at the school. I wish they could have just asked people to make a donation to the campaign instead of spending the money that we gave them during school registration.

Posted by Be Positive, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 1, 2011 at 10:46 am

I know my school raised the money themselves through bake sales to contribute to the campaign. There's no conspiracy- just support for a good cause- Thanks to all who put in so much time and effort to help our schools- it really does make a difference with all that has already been cut!

Posted by Phil O, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 1, 2011 at 11:25 am

Thanks to all who contributed. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we have enough votes. We have great schools here in Pleasanton and Measure E will help us maintain high quality education for our children through this economic downturn.

Posted by Mike, a resident of Highland Oaks
on May 1, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Contributions should be directed to where you feel they will do the most good.

Posted by Dave, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 2, 2011 at 12:23 am

Posted by Yes on E, a resident of Bonde Ranch
on May 2, 2011 at 9:38 am

The community was asked to donate to the campaign. Great fundraiser last week! All parent group donations were voted on and approved by their individual parent groups. Need to get involved and attend the meetings if you're truly interested in where the money is going. As far as I'm concerned, it's a great show of community for a great cause. Let's hope Measure E passes!

Posted by Rita, a resident of Downtown
on May 2, 2011 at 10:03 am

Anyone know when we will get the results on E?

Posted by Windsor, a resident of Lydiksen Elementary School
on May 2, 2011 at 10:19 am

Winsor HOA is part of the Laguna Oaks PUD and in Pleasanton. Their managment company is in San Ramon.

Measure E is about the kids and our future leaders. Don't short change them. Vote yes on E.

Posted by justsayin, a resident of another community
on May 2, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Why is there a 5k donation from KeyAgent LLC Public Finance down south, in El Segundo?

Posted by Paul, a resident of Del Prado
on May 2, 2011 at 2:18 pm

This is great, thanks for posting. Individuals, teachers, homeowners, local business owners, there's no better definition of "community."

Posted by John, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 2, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I agree with the other posters. It was great to see that both individuals and business owners contributed to the Measure E effort. I sincerely hope the measure passes.

Posted by optimistic mom, a resident of Amador Valley High School
on May 2, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Thank you to the hundreds of donors for helping to ensure that the community understands measure E.

Results will be available from the Alameda County Registrar of Voters after 8 pm Tuesday:

Web Link

Posted by Arnold, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 3, 2011 at 4:56 pm

"So the school district hires the consultant who is then the largest contributor to the campaign. Hmmmm ..."

Something seems wrong with that to me also. I guess it's a way for the district to use taxpayer dollars to fund their campaighn. As far as I can tell this is just another version of cash-out refinancing.

Posted by truth hurts?, a resident of California Reflections
on May 3, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Call it whatever you want, Arnold. Fact is, hundreds of respected businesses and organizations went on record stating their support for Measure E, and many donated money to the campaign.

Did I miss the slate of respected businesses and organizations that were willing to express opposition to E. Oh, there was no slate? I see. Thanks. Keep up the good work. Meanwhile, I think many of the No on E supporters are having a ball over on the two Bin Laden posts, the Death Penalty post, and the illegal university/illegal immigrant post. You should take a gander. It's quite a spectacle. Maybe you can round them all up and bring them over to this site for a last hurrah?

Happy to report my household voted Yes on Measure E.

Posted by Arnold, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 3, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Jill

What does your post have to do with my comment?

Posted by Just the facts, a resident of Foothill High School
on May 3, 2011 at 9:52 pm

The consultant that helped to run the campaign is not listed as a donor. The campaign consultant was TBWB. Get your facts straight before you start spouting off!

Posted by Tennessee Jed, a resident of Jensen Tract
on May 4, 2011 at 4:19 am

Well it looks like measured E went down in flames. It's good news to me that the revenuer's will not get a hold of my pocketbook this time around. You want more money? Go find it somewhere else.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.