Underground Tunnels in Pleasanton

Original post made by Laurel, Amador Valley High School, on Feb 15, 2011

I was hoping that someone would know where the underground tunnel by the new Firehouse Arts Center lead to. My children loved to play around in the creek area during concerts in the park, and one day they hoped to make a journey down into the tunnel. Does anyone know where it starts and ends at? I thought that this would be a fun experience. Is there any other tunnels in Pleasanton?

Posted by unclehomerr..
on Feb 15, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Teach your kids to sit and appreciate the music, Laurel!

The tunnels are full of trash, broken glass, animal excrement, and maybe even skunks.

Keep out! If it was safe, they'd have guided tours.

unclehomerr..

Posted by T.R. Ollman
a resident of Canyon Oaks
on Feb 15, 2011 at 6:43 pm

I've heard two things about the tunnels, and I'm not sure which to believe. The first is that it leads to the underground lair of the C.H.U.D.S. The second is that's where a lot of drug dealers dump used needles and stuff.

I hope the kids have fun! Let us know what they find out!

Posted by Magpie
on Feb 15, 2011 at 6:51 pm

(Post makes no sense and has been removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff.)

Posted by Jeanne
on Feb 16, 2011 at 7:52 pm

My kids have gone through the tunnel and said it leads to someone's backyard. It is very dark and creepy, though. If your kids are young, I would not let them play in there.

Posted by Me Too
on Feb 17, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Yes, its the lair of alien drug dealers. Its a drainage ditch and only goes a couple hundred feet. Thousands of kids have gone through it during Fridays in the park and I have not read one story of anybody dieing or being molested. Geez, let kids have fun and explore. Oh wait, maybe they should be home practicing math facts and the Cello or they might not get into a "top university" and die and early death.

Posted by Lolfasho
a resident of Avila
on Nov 23, 2011 at 7:03 pm

The tunnel comes out at the corner of kottinger and 2nd street! I've done it a few times it's relatively safe just bring a mag light and maybe a side arm in case u see a skunk lol,