How is that Pleasanton Tea Party boycott of San Francisco going?

Original post made by Greg Y on Oct 20, 2010

Remember back in May when Bridget Melson and her Tea Party friends decided to boycott San Francisco because the City was boycotting Arizona over the immigration crackdown?

Web Link

Just wondering how that is going. Are they still avoiding the City? I'm sure city officials in San Francisco are still shaking in their boots knowing 20 Tea Party members from Pleasanton are not visiting. Is Tea Party hero David Harmer also boycotting the City the way he boycotts our public school system Web Link ? Does the boycott also include avoiding San Francisco Giants NLCS games? 49er games also?

Posted by Arroyo, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Oct 20, 2010 at 9:34 pm

13 Days to Go...!!! I'm starting to get that "Hope and Change" excitement....!! Greg, after November 2nd, be sure to check back and let us know how you think the Tea Party did.

Posted by Able, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Oct 20, 2010 at 11:32 pm

Greg Y,

You know what's even funnier? That whole SF boycott of Arizona thing; how's that going?

I'm sure Arizonans living on the lawless Mexican border are shaking in their boots (s*** kickers; less fashionable than the SF boots you refer to) from threats by the liberal San Franciscans sipping their lattes and discussing the reality of things from their artists' lofts.

Posted by Sean, a resident of Birdland
on Oct 21, 2010 at 8:34 am

Thanks for the laugh. I'm sure the Pleasanton Tea Party's anti-Latino, anti-gay, anti-everything hatefest is still going strong, but I'm also sure they manage to visit the City when no one is looking.

Posted by steve, a resident of Parkside
on Oct 21, 2010 at 10:41 am

Sean, as a Tea Party member, I'm sorry if you, as a gay, Latino, everything, misinterpreted the party's anti-tax, anti-big government position as being against you and those of your ilk.
Next time you're teabagging in the city, be sure to point out any Tea Partiers you see. That's the kind of tolerant behavior we'd all expect you liberal elitist hypocrits.
Have a nice day.

Posted by dublinmike, a resident of Dublin
on Oct 21, 2010 at 9:54 pm

dublinmike is a registered user.

Arroyo, why do hate so much?

Posted by Arroyo, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Oct 21, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Mike,
You crack me up!! I don't hate anybody -- but, there is a long list of the types of people I really dislike.

Please don't confuse my anger, sarcasm and cynicism, with hate.

Posted by Ed, a resident of another community
on Dec 22, 2011 at 10:19 am

I'd like to boycott Pleasanton for a "BS" ticket I received a few days ago at 3am while coming back from the airport. I don't want or expect anyone to join me, I just want to make sure no entity profits off these types of tickets. No, it wasn't speeding or anything like that. It won't be a permanent boycott, just enough to cover the cost of the ticket (I won't know until it arrives in the mail), but I guess I can just buy my gas in other cities or counties? From the professional boycotter perspective, what's the best way to balance out the cost of this ticket?

Posted by Ed, a resident of another community
on Dec 22, 2011 at 10:48 am

I'm no fan on San Francisco either. I haven't gotten a ticket there yet, but they certainly seem to have adopted hostile policies toward drivers in general so I don't bring my car there often which means I don't go there for holiday shopping or any shopping that means I'd have to carry bags around all day.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.