Marie Antionette Obama

Original post made by Mary, Country Fair, on Sep 4, 2010

>Dear Fellow Americans:
For only the second time in my adult life, I am not ashamed of my country. I want to thank the hard working American people for paying $242 thousand dollars plus additional thousands in miscellaneous expenses for my vacation in Spain. My daughter Sasha, several long-time family friends, my personal staff and various guests had a wonderful time. Honestly, you just haven't lived until you have stayed in a $2,500.00 per night suite at a 5-Star luxury hotel. We only booked 70 rooms for our friends, staff and family; sorry you weren?t part of the group.Thank you also for the use of Air Force 2 and the 70 Secret Service personnel who tagged along to be sure we were safe and cared for at all times. The Moorish architecture I saw while there was magnificent so know better now  why my husband is so proud of his Muslim heritage.
Air Force 2 only used 47,500 gallons of jet fuel for this trip and carbon emissions were a mere 1,031 tons of CO2. It costs only $11,500 per hour to operate Air Force 2 and each additional plane for the other members of our party group.  These are only rough estimates, but they are close (who's counting?). That's quite a carbon footprint as my good friend Al Gore would say, so we must ask the American citizens to drive smaller, more fuel efficient cars and drive less too, so we can lessen our combined carbon footprint. (And don't forget to pump up the air in your tires.)

I know times are hard and millions of you are struggling to put food on the table and trying to make ends meet. I do appreciate your sacrifice and do hope you find work soon. I was really exhausted after Barack took our family on a luxury vacation in Maine a few weeks ago. I just had to get away for a few days. Will write more from Martha's Vineyard where we will spend our sixth vacation this year with more of our family and friends.
Cordially,

Michelle Obama

Posted by Nurse Shark
a resident of Heritage Oaks
on Sep 5, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Kathy, you're a credit to our local conservative community! Keep making us proud!

Posted by Marco
a resident of Mohr Park
on Sep 6, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Breast Shark,

Who is Kathy? You are proving that swinging libs cannot read and are blinded by hatred..........use your words.

Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Sep 6, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Marco, you forgot "nyah nyah nyah NYAH!"

Posted by Polo
a resident of Apperson Ridge
on Sep 7, 2010 at 7:05 am

Karen was the first to comment on this thread with a patented Tea Party "racially based but not racist" remark about our African-American first lady. It has been removed now, so "Marco" can pretend that Nurse Shark is illiterate because he...well, because he's a classy guy...? I'm not sure, really, why Marco wants to defend Karen's racism. I can only guess.

Posted by Marco
a resident of Mohr Park
on Sep 7, 2010 at 8:49 am

Now we have a Karen, Kathy, and a Mary?

Posted by Ellen
a resident of Foothill Farms
on Sep 7, 2010 at 9:02 am

George Bush flew with the posse almost weekly to run the Country from his HOME! Secured and staffed heavily year round on our dime!

Why did nobody complain then? He took a surplus and turned it into a historical deficit playing war games based upon deceit and lies destroying the economic security of our Nation for years to come.

Posted by Welllllllllllllllllllllll
a resident of Del Prado
on Sep 7, 2010 at 10:24 am

Ellen,

Possibly because Bush is not President any longer and no one is talking about Presidents here but rather Mrs. Obama and her world tour of Spain at a time when unemployment is approaching 10% and the economy under her husbands watch is heading downhill on a scooter. If he is not capable of doing the job then he should resign so it can be fixed.

Posted by Janna
a resident of Dublin
on Sep 7, 2010 at 8:41 pm

Janna is a registered user.

How does one "world tour" a country?

Your outrage is so noted.

Posted by Wow
on Sep 8, 2010 at 8:40 am

You fail at l-- I mean, at satire

Posted by Bob
a resident of Bonde Ranch
on Sep 8, 2010 at 10:33 am

If a trip to europe can do anything to help her looks I am all for it.