Extreme Police Activity Near the Apartments by Stoneridge

Original post made by Concerned Resident, Castlewood, on Aug 20, 2010

Today well driving down stoneridge I looked down a street and saw at least 6 police cars blocking the road, and more were coming! If you have any infformation about this please share. I do hope it isn't another drug bust.

Posted by Concerned Resident
a resident of Castlewood
on Aug 20, 2010 at 4:26 pm

*while

Posted by Glenn Wohltmann
on Aug 20, 2010 at 4:52 pm

I just checked with the Pleasanton P.D.

This was a routine traffic stop, but the driver bolted, so the extra officers were brought in to track him down. He's been caught and the cars are gone.

Posted by Jenni
a resident of Verona
on Aug 20, 2010 at 5:02 pm

I saw the cars to and Glenn I'm pretty sure it was more than a traffic stop. I drove around the area and must have seen at least thirty police cars, more than I though pleasanton ever had.

Posted by LOL
a resident of Avila
on Aug 20, 2010 at 5:29 pm

One time I was pulled over for expired registration (forgot to register) and a total of 3 patrol cars showed up and was there until I got my ticket and drove off. The one thing we have plenty of in Ptown are cops, cops, and more cops.

Posted by glad to have them
on Aug 20, 2010 at 7:42 pm

"The one thing we have plenty of in Ptown are cops, cops, and more cops". And we also have at least one cop who was bright enough to connect the dots and rescue a 13 yr old girl who was being sexually abused by a pedophile (see other article in the Weekly). I would vote for more cops like that any day. Oh, the guy was busted after a routine traffic stop too.

Posted by Concerned Parent
on Aug 21, 2010 at 1:37 pm

So where are all these alleged cops when there are people running left turns and trying to run over school children on their to and from school?

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Aug 21, 2010 at 5:12 pm

WHY DON'T ASK THE PPD?

Posted by Bonnie
on Aug 21, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Concerned Parent, I have the same question. For 10 years I have been watching drivers drive through crosswalks with children in them on their way to and from school. I see drivers go through red lights while children on bikes are crossing on their way to school. Where are the Pleasanton police?

Posted by unclehomerr..
on Aug 21, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Did'ja ever stop and think that maybe there are more schools in Pleasanton than there are cops???

unclehomerr..

Posted by Tim
on Aug 24, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Pleasnton has one of the BEST police departments in the entire state. I for one am glad to see them everyday