I nominate this as "Political Story of the Year"

Original post made by Paul, Amador Estates, on Jul 24, 2010

Regardless of your party affiliation, this article "America’s Ruling Class – And The Perils of Revolution“ by Angelo Codevilla (professor emeritus of international relations at Boston University.) as “Political Article of the Year.”

This story contains 436 words.

If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.

If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.

Like this comment
Posted by dublinmike
a resident of Dublin
on Jul 24, 2010 at 10:41 pm

dublinmike is a registered user.

Paul, "Regardless of your party affiliation" how disingenuous can you be? To quote an article from The American Spectator... duh

Like this comment
Posted by Paul
on Jul 25, 2010 at 6:18 am

DublinMike,
Now that you've vented, do you have anything substantive to say about this article?

Like this comment
Posted by mark
a resident of another community
on Jul 25, 2010 at 10:18 pm

dublinmike, do you think you are God or what? What a two faced hypocrite you are.

Like this comment
Posted by dublinmike
a resident of Dublin
on Jul 25, 2010 at 11:02 pm

dublinmike is a registered user.

Paul, excuse me for asking this, but how do you see my comment as venting? I simply stated: "how disingenuous can you be." Hardly venting. I was stated very clearly that posting something from a bias source is disingenuous. Perhaps I should have mentioned "bias" to clarify my point. But, on the other hand, were you venting in your original post?

Mark, you state "do you think you are God or what" That's a philosophical discussion that I am not sure can be discussed in this forum. But, regarding "two faced hypocrite you are" you neglected to state why I am a hypocrite. Please clarify.

And, Jim01, if you are out there, do you get what he has state?

Like this comment
Posted by dublinmike
a resident of Dublin
on Jul 25, 2010 at 11:02 pm

dublinmike is a registered user.

sorry, should be "do you get what he has stated?"

Like this comment
Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Jul 26, 2010 at 11:12 am

I get what Paul is saying, as you gave a knee jerk reaction to the URL under which the content is found, and dismissed the entire thing.

Now we see with the "jornolist" revelations, that many reputable news sources have their political bias they have been operating under.

Gee oh gosh, if the American people start to believe that a ruling class is instituting health care and finance reform to maintain their power and run our lives, cradle to grave, down to the penny, then they might start a new political movement that favors smaller government and rejects progressive policies.

Whoops too late, we're here.

Like this comment
Posted by dublinmike
a resident of Dublin
on Jul 26, 2010 at 9:31 pm

dublinmike is a registered user.

Hey, Sue, "Fact Check.org' and other criminal front groups..." well, I will let my very right-wing, "I hate Democrats," bother know he's using "criminal" sources. LOL. This is rich.

Like this comment
Posted by Sue
on Jul 26, 2010 at 10:34 pm

DublinMike,
Please do so. These organizations claim tax exempt status, that they operate in an unbiased manner for public benefit. In fact, they are funded by the Tides Foundation which you most likely realize is a far left organization based in SF. My guess is that Geo Soros also contribute, but I cannot verify this. I believe that Hillary's campaign initiated Media Matters, but I am not 100 percent certain.