I nominate this as "Political Story of the Year"

Original post made by Paul, Amador Estates, on Jul 24, 2010

Regardless of your party affiliation, this article "America's Ruling Class – And The Perils of Revolution" by Angelo Codevilla (professor emeritus of international relations at Boston University.) as "Political Article of the Year."

In short it is about America's "Ruling Class" vs. the "Country Class" (i.e. the non-ruling class as in the "rest" of the Country). It discusses how and why many politicians change once they are elected into office. It shows how officials in both parties morph into their own class and make policy decisions against the will of the people.

I encourage you to read it…tho it is long (around 16 printed pages) but well worth the investment in time.

"America's Ruling Class – And The Perils of Revolution" >>> Web Link

Here are a few reader's responses…

Absolutely brilliant! Mr. Codevilla has accomplished what no other writer has been able to achieve. By providing the historical context of the growth of governmental power and abuse, he has clearly and succinctly defined the debate for the soul of America. The only question that remains -- Are we up to the task of reclaiming our Constitutional Republic?
-- Bill Riggs, Sr.
Charleston, South Carolina

Mr. Codevilla's article struck such a strong feeling with me that it's hard to articulate. His writing could not be clearer nor more in tune with my observations over the past years (I'm a citizen and 68 years old and well-read). This appears to be a modern Declaration of Independence and I will reread it many times and recommend it to anyone I can. Please keep publishing essays such as this!
-- Richard Pytlak

I commend The American Spectator for publishing Angelo M. Codevilla's "America's Ruling Class – And the Perils of Revolution." The power of this very timely article is undeniable, and in my opinion it ranks with Thomas Paine's Common Sense as a clarion call to all patriots. I'm forwarding the article to all my friends, urging them to follow suit. Codevilla's words must be disseminated as widely possible, and if they are perhaps we'll be able to avoid the bloodshed and destruction that came after the appearance of Paine's book. I pray that is so.

I'd appreciate it if you would forward my congratulations to Mr. Codevilla, along with my sincere gratitude.
-- J. Michael Pearson

More readers' responses >>> Web Link

Posted by dublinmike
a resident of Dublin
on Jul 24, 2010 at 10:41 pm

dublinmike is a registered user.

Paul, "Regardless of your party affiliation" how disingenuous can you be? To quote an article from The American Spectator... duh

Posted by Paul
on Jul 25, 2010 at 6:18 am

DublinMike,
Now that you've vented, do you have anything substantive to say about this article?

Posted by mark
a resident of another community
on Jul 25, 2010 at 10:18 pm

dublinmike, do you think you are God or what? What a two faced hypocrite you are.

Posted by dublinmike
a resident of Dublin
on Jul 25, 2010 at 11:02 pm

dublinmike is a registered user.

Paul, excuse me for asking this, but how do you see my comment as venting? I simply stated: "how disingenuous can you be." Hardly venting. I was stated very clearly that posting something from a bias source is disingenuous. Perhaps I should have mentioned "bias" to clarify my point. But, on the other hand, were you venting in your original post?

Mark, you state "do you think you are God or what" That's a philosophical discussion that I am not sure can be discussed in this forum. But, regarding "two faced hypocrite you are" you neglected to state why I am a hypocrite. Please clarify.

And, Jim01, if you are out there, do you get what he has state?

Posted by dublinmike
a resident of Dublin
on Jul 25, 2010 at 11:02 pm

dublinmike is a registered user.

sorry, should be "do you get what he has stated?"

Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Jul 26, 2010 at 11:12 am

I get what Paul is saying, as you gave a knee jerk reaction to the URL under which the content is found, and dismissed the entire thing.

Now we see with the "jornolist" revelations, that many reputable news sources have their political bias they have been operating under.

Gee oh gosh, if the American people start to believe that a ruling class is instituting health care and finance reform to maintain their power and run our lives, cradle to grave, down to the penny, then they might start a new political movement that favors smaller government and rejects progressive policies.

Whoops too late, we're here.

Posted by dublinmike
a resident of Dublin
on Jul 26, 2010 at 9:31 pm

dublinmike is a registered user.

Hey, Sue, "Fact Check.org' and other criminal front groups..." well, I will let my very right-wing, "I hate Democrats," bother know he's using "criminal" sources. LOL. This is rich.

Posted by Sue
on Jul 26, 2010 at 10:34 pm

DublinMike,
Please do so. These organizations claim tax exempt status, that they operate in an unbiased manner for public benefit. In fact, they are funded by the Tides Foundation which you most likely realize is a far left organization based in SF. My guess is that Geo Soros also contribute, but I cannot verify this. I believe that Hillary's campaign initiated Media Matters, but I am not 100 percent certain.