Democrats, Do You Agree with Obama's New Mission for NASA?

Original post made by on Jul 5, 2010

Obama's "Change" for NASA...It's Mission is to help Muslims "feel" better about their scientific accomplishments."

Yes, let's have our NASA employees become social workers for Muslims -- what is remaining of NASA employees anyway given that Obama has nuked the manned lunar exploration and killed over 23,000 NASA jobs in Florida.

Article >>> Web Link

Posted by dublinmike, a resident of Dublin
on Jul 5, 2010 at 11:13 pm

Ok, " , a resident of the Another Pleasanton neighborhood neighborhood" you pick up something from a right wing web site. What's your point?

Folks, I can go to the top ten left wing or liberal websites and find stuff. But I don't because they are just as slanted as the one sited here.

To make a point, here's one (and I dare you to refute it): Web Link

Posted by , a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jul 6, 2010 at 7:11 am

DublinMike,
I am not asking you to verify my information. It is a fact. Ok, if you did not like my source above, how about WSJ?

Article>>> Web Link

I really am interested to hear your views in particular with regard to this topic. I do have more respect for your opinion (tho I disagree with you 98% of the time) compared to others like Rae, Janna, and a couple others...

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Jul 6, 2010 at 8:42 am

Well...you sure know how to insult thoughtful posters!

Apologize just like the Pope or be exorcised...and, I mean it!

ps Just because you have a few skills and know how to cut 'n paste, does not make you a great thinker...copy cat...eeh eeh eet, tee hee hee...

let there be Peace (on you).

Posted by Jane, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jul 6, 2010 at 9:46 am

I agree with dublinmike. Just pulling something off the web and posting it does not create an opportunity for honest debate and exchange. This is particularly true when you post something incendiary that offers unattributed or out of context statements generated from biased sources based on opinions of opinions.

So , if you really want a response here, synthesize this information and offer up your own thoughts on the subject. Just reading an op-ed piece would have disqualified you from your high school debate team. This should not be any different.

Posted by , a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jul 6, 2010 at 10:14 am

Well well well, How are you doing Jihad Jane?

Yes, I will accept your challenge and tell you what I think. I think you are a typical liberal and a COWARD. You refuse to debate facts...and will just discuss your FEELINGS. Does it make you FEEL better that NASA is reaching out to Muslims...instead of continuing with their original mission of space exploration and American space superiority.

I'll let you get back to your America hating democrat Pinkster meeting now.

Posted by MainStreetDiva, a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Jul 6, 2010 at 10:47 am

MainStreetDiva is a registered user.

So let me get this straight.

Charles Bolden, head of NASA, stated that the top priorities of NASA (which USED to explore space) are:

- Help the Muslim world feel good about their historic contribution to science, math, and engineering
- Re-inspire children to want to get into science and math
- Expand our international relationships

'Tis a sad day, tossing aside our decades-long efforts to explore space to instead focus on political agendas.

Posted by , a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jul 6, 2010 at 10:57 am

Thank you, MainStreetDiva!

That gives me some reassurance that there is at least one other sane person in Pleasanton.

Don't look for this change in NASA's mission to be broadcast on mainstream media.

Posted by Obamanation, a resident of Downtown
on Jul 6, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Obama is the greatest threat this country has seen. Bigger than the Japanese, communists in the 50's, German's, Russians etc. Let's hope we can defeat the enemy from within like we beat back those challenges.

Posted by Jane, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jul 6, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Name calling is the last refuge of the desperate, not a debating technique.

Posted by MainStreetDiva, a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Jul 6, 2010 at 12:53 pm

MainStreetDiva is a registered user.

For those who were complaining that this headline is just fodder on a "right wing web site", even the more liberal news sites are weighing in on this tragedy/travesty.

See Web Link

Posted by Stacey, a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Jul 6, 2010 at 5:04 pm

Stacey is a registered user.

I still have yet to see NASA list "Help the Muslim World Feel Better" as one of their Mission Directorates on their website.

Regarding facts and opinions, I think many of you are duped by media's reporting of opinion as if it were fact. The only facts are what Bolden said he was told by Obama. The media grabbed onto that and makes claims that NASA's mission is changing. That's opinion, guys, not fact.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.