Anyone know a good air conditioning company that is reasonable on cost?

Original post made by Lee, Another Pleasanton neighborhood, on Jun 23, 2010

We need a new furnace and air. Estimates seem high. Can anyone refer us to a good company that is local to Pleasanton?

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jun 23, 2010 at 10:15 am

got fan?

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jun 23, 2010 at 10:20 am

Web Link How about something like this?

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jun 23, 2010 at 10:29 am

Web Link This model may be for you!

Posted by Joe Schmo
a resident of Livermore
on Jun 23, 2010 at 1:34 pm

I got three quotes from various tri-valley HVAC companies when I replaced my furnace and installed an AC unit in Livermore. All three were fairly high imo, so I went out of the immediate area for a price quote. Ended up going with Bay Mountain Air out of Campbell. They came in about $800 cheaper than the cheapest tri-valley company. Their crew were in an out in one day and did a very professional job with no mess left afterwards. I've had the units in since 2005 and haven't had a single problem with them. Here's a web link: Web Link

I

Posted by optimistic
on Jun 23, 2010 at 4:11 pm

We used Elite Mechanical (I think..or it is Elite Service Mechanical) something like that. Anyways, we worked with Victor who was AWESOME. Way cheaper than any other place we called.

Posted by old person
a resident of Pleasanton Heights
on Jun 23, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Service Champions. Diamond certified. May not be cheapest, are excellent with service. They put in A/C and heater in our house.

Posted by Yikes
a resident of Stoneridge
on Jun 23, 2010 at 10:24 pm

King Air. This guy was very good. TriValley. Stay away from Bradford

Posted by Hailey
on Jun 23, 2010 at 10:53 pm

Okay, how about a screen for a window that is irregular. No standard size window screen fits this window. Any suggestions?

Posted by Pleasanton Parent
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Jun 23, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Home Depot or Lowes - they sell a screen kit you can cut and install on your own all for under $50.

Posted by Maggie
a resident of Valencia
on Jun 24, 2010 at 8:26 am

I've always found Comerford's to be honest. I had them in to quote on adding a second control for heating/air conditioning and they told me that it had already been prewired by another company. If I went with them it would run a few thousand vs. if I went with the company that prewired it would cost a third of the dollars. The Comerford's tech didn't have to tell me that. They earned my recommendation by being honest.

Posted by Bill
a resident of Stoneridge
on Jun 24, 2010 at 8:36 am

I suggest you call Richard at 925-596-0275. He's a small independent and honest. He's here in Pleasanton.

Posted by Diane
a resident of Ironwood
on Jun 24, 2010 at 8:49 am

Allied Aire in Milpitas is the best! A few years ago Arnie, the owner, and his workers installed a new air conditioner at my home. They did a professional job and even came back to meet with the City inspector for a final sign off. It was great! Most installers do not return to meet with the inspector. They usually tell the homeowner to meet with the City and should the inspector require a correction, to let them know.

Posted by Tim
on Jun 24, 2010 at 9:11 am

I just used Sobotka Air Systems in Concord. They were highly recommended by a friend and were rated highly in the checkbook.org website (a Consumers Report type organization for local businesses). You may have to subscribe to checkbook.org to see their ratings, however.

Posted by Jon
on Jun 24, 2010 at 9:20 am

I have two for you. One is King Air and the other is Richard heating and air. Both are local and honest. You can see Richard's on YELP.

Good luck

Posted by Tom
a resident of Pleasanton Heights
on Jun 24, 2010 at 10:18 am

I have lived in Pleasanton for 40 years and have always called Miller's in Livermore. I have purchased both a new furnace and Air conditioning in the last few years. They are very reasonable and efficient. When I made my purchases, I got a quote from Comerforts and they were considerably much higher for the same work. Last week I had Millers service my Air for $89 and the service man was just great.

Posted by Barbara
a resident of Livermore
on Jun 24, 2010 at 10:59 am

I was not happy with Miller's when I had them do a small job for me. I had Service Champions (Kevin Comerford) replace my furnace and A/C. They are professional and did a fine job. I no longer go with the cheapest company but I do check the Diamond Certified web site each time I have work done.

Posted by Work In Town
on Jun 24, 2010 at 2:28 pm

We got multiple bids and selected Flanders Heating & Air Conditioning to replace our central AC system in June '08. They did an excellent job and at a decent price. They are right here in Pleasanton and I highly recommend them!

Posted by Al
on Jun 24, 2010 at 2:59 pm

I purchased four 5 ton units from Millers three years ago, their salesman and office staff have a poor attitude toward their customers, they make you feel like they are doing you a favor by taking your money and their service was not dependable. I would stay away from Millers. I switched my service contract to Express Heating and Air Conditioning over a year ago. They have proven to be efficient and punctual. Call and talk to Eric, he is the owner and a very fair guy too.

Posted by Lee
on Jun 24, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Thanks to all who sent in names of local companies that do a good job! I have 3 estimates lined up for this next week. One for tomorrow!

Posted by Longtime Pleasanton Resident
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Jun 24, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Miller's has always been great! Reasonable prices, great technicians