ACE Train Accident?

Original post made by Tim on Jun 1, 2010

Just drove down Stanley between Livermore & Pleasanton. The ACE train was stopped. Police and ambulances were there along with some city buses. Anyone know what happened?

Posted by uinclehomerr.., a resident of Downtown
on Jun 1, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Did you notice the lack of flashing red lights?? Did you notice the Berkeley and Walnut Creek police cars and incident command vans?? Did you notice the large number of personal vehicles and people just standing around in groups listening to a presentation?

Did it cross your mind that it might be a training exercise like the 2 they did last month and the month before for other departments.. it did me.

unclehomerr..

Posted by Tim, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 1, 2010 at 4:56 pm

I'm glad you're not my Uncle Homer! Such politeness. I've never been called stupid in such a nice way.

I guess the lack of red lights could have been because the accident was almost over with. Also I don't make that drive every day, so I didn't know about a similar exercise earlier.

Thanks again for your kind comments.

Posted by Michael, a resident of Foothill Place
on Jun 1, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Shows a true rookie when you gotta put other people down to prove how much knowledge you think you possess, unclehommer.

Posted by Ryan, a resident of Downtown
on Jun 1, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Read: Web Link

Posted by unclehomerr.., a resident of Downtown
on Jun 1, 2010 at 6:05 pm

One 'M'; 2 'R's', Michael. And, no put down at all.. it was a case study in observational skills. He failed.

unclehomerr..

Posted by Tango, a resident of Vineyard Avenue
on Jun 1, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Training, Like a couple of months ago. I guess they decided to envite the whole world to this one. It would be nice if they would put a sign saying TRAINING PROGRAM going on.

Posted by AuntHommmerrrr, a resident of Downtown
on Jun 2, 2010 at 8:51 am

unclehomerr

You don't have many friends or hobbies do you. That's sad. Maybe if you knew how to interact with people you would be a happier man.

You were the guy that grew up being picked on and made fun of weren't you. Now you have a computer to hide behind and feel like you can take it out on people that did nothing to you. Sad little world you live in!

Posted by Rich, a resident of Valley Trails
on Jun 2, 2010 at 9:24 am

unclehomerr, ome M two R's, There was no need to be condescending to Tim. All that was necessary was for you to explain there was a training exercise going on and not try to belittle Tim and let it go at that.

Posted by Bob, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 2, 2010 at 9:26 am

If this were a real event, rescue operations would have called in support from neighboring communities and you would have seen Berkeley and Walnut Creek as well as other police and fire units. Without a sign, either you are guessing from a distance, or getting closer to "check it out" potentially interfering with a real disaster response.

Posted by Judy, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Jun 2, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Tim, I'm glad you asked. We saw the same thing on our way to Costco and couldn't figure it out. Since we don't go that direction except maybe once every couple of months. How did we know what was happening. It looked like something big that was almost over with. Thanks for finding out for me what was going on.

Posted by VVMom, a resident of Pleasanton Heights
on Jun 2, 2010 at 8:28 pm

I would just like to agree with Judy. I was certainly concerned when I drove by the site, and kind of assumed something big was winding down.

I have never commented on this forum, but felt compelled to make sure that the polite answers outnumber the unbelievably rude one that doesn't deserve mentioning by name again.

Posted by unclehomerr.., a resident of Downtown
on Jun 2, 2010 at 8:41 pm

When you consider what I 'could' have said.. if I wanted to put anyone down.. you should be thanking me for my kindness, and a lesson in critical thinking.

ps. your uncle is the guy you go to with questions you don't want to ask daddy! You're lucky you have me!

kindly old unclehomerr..
ps. 82nd airborne LC[ret.] never 'picked on' and no lack of friends.

Posted by unclehomerr.., a resident of Downtown
on Jun 2, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Hey Rick:

Bite Me!
[as polite as I can get]

kindly old unclehomerr..

Posted by unclehomerr.., a resident of Downtown
on Jun 3, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Today [thu] it was USAF and San Francisco Bomb Squad on the incident command vehicles. Wonder what they were doing?

unclehomerr..

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.