Letters: 'Web of deceit'

Original post made on May 28, 2010

Dear Editor,

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, May 28, 2010, 12:00 AM

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on May 28, 2010 at 9:35 am

Stacey is a registered user.

Responsible voters will vote based upon the pros and cons of the project itself, not upon the personalities involved.

Posted by Thomas J.
a resident of Danbury Park
on May 28, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I get it. I'm voting for measure D. It's good for me, and its good for Pleasanton.

Posted by Dina R.
a resident of Carriage Gardens
on May 29, 2010 at 8:07 pm

I get it, too. The Mayor has been wonderful for this town and if she thinks this is good, I do too. I already voted for it.

Posted by not voting with the mayor
on May 29, 2010 at 8:52 pm

Sorry, I think the Mayor is out of line going around lending her name and office to the developer to try to cause undo influence. I think it is unethical - and I dont' like it at all. I did not elect her to use her name for mass mailers paid for a developer.

Did you?

Posted by anonymous
on May 30, 2010 at 7:17 am

The city council approved the development by a vote of 4-1. As far as I am concerned Hosterman is letting us know that the city approved this development and then why she supports it. There was a ton of time and money spent by the city to do this right. You can see that by looking at the letter the former five mayors wrote for the Pleasanton weekly. The mayor is supporting a project she encouraged.

Vote yes on Measure D

Posted by Ton of money by developer
a resident of Bonde Ranch
on May 30, 2010 at 1:17 pm

I heard from someone at Farmer's market that the developer has spent over $379,000 to market their development to the people. Isn't that excessive for a landowner in Pleasanton? She said a run for Mayor costs about $30,000 so this is 12x that amount!

Posted by curious
on May 30, 2010 at 4:55 pm

ToMbD, you received some bum info. Check the City website but I believe Steve Brozosky spent some $87,000 in his first run for Mayor. And interestingly he had no problem taking money from the developer in question supporting Oak Grove. Surprise, he's now on the No on D side--been alot of flip flopping on this issue by the politicians.

Another interesting piece of info is that the husband of the author of this letter made the largest single donation to the no on d campaign committee. Ironically, he is NOT a US citizen!