Rat's at Macaroni Grill in Dublin

Original post made by Pati, Another Pleasanton neighborhood, on Apr 13, 2010

I was at Macaroni Grill in Dublin last night for dinner with my husband and while eating looked down and saw a rat scamper across the floor! I screamed as did some of the others there who saw it. I complained to the manager who did not seem to be bothered nor care to much about it. Does anyone know who to call with the department of health or who to call? Very disgusting and I was even more surprised about the non caring attitude of the manager.

Posted by Bobby
a resident of Del Prado
on Apr 13, 2010 at 8:42 pm

I have gone there with my wife after movies and am not surprised about the rodents. The place is absolutely filthy and have been cited in the past by the health department.

Posted by uknown
on Apr 13, 2010 at 9:36 pm

you need to call the Alameda County health department or county sheriff. sorry that happened to you!!!!!!!

Posted by Rat Turd
on Apr 14, 2010 at 8:34 am

I can tell you that I will not go in there.

Posted by Javier C.
a resident of Dublin
on Apr 14, 2010 at 9:23 am

I worked there a few years back and we always had a problem with rodents, more mice than rats but from time to time rats. One of the bigger issues there was cleanliness of the kitchen area. The Health Department actually tagged us and would not let us operate for a week until we had an outside group do a deep clean. The other large issue we had dealt with sanitation. All of the cooks and washers are illegals and we could not get them to wash their hands after going to the bathroom. We even puthand sanitizers in the back and they were offended and their response was to spit in customers food.

Posted by Joe
on Apr 14, 2010 at 10:01 pm

It's owned by Arabs

Posted by Helen
on Apr 14, 2010 at 10:56 pm

As if people here illegally are resistant to washing their hands. I've noticed that Mexicans have better manners than Americans.
I worked as a waitress for years and all the restaurants had to put out traps, poison, etc. Once we moved a small freezer and there was a decayed rat behind it which crumpled when it was touched with a broom.
Another time a rat dropped with a ceiling tile onto the floor.
I remember the roaches at Baskin-Robbins (not the one in Pleasanton.) I would spray cleaner from behind the counter onto the wall in front of me to make a rivulet of liquid that would wash the roach down with it. Fun times.
I remember a restaurant that served a dish with pieces of teriyaki chicken in it. When it would sit under the lights waiting to go out, waitresses would eat the chicken out of it with their fingers.
I've walked into Macaroni Grill and back out immediately. I prefer not to listen to crashing pots and pans while I eat.