Embarcadero publishing owns more than a few town papers that have this same Weekly forum format.

Original post made by Community of Character, really?, Amador Estates, on Mar 30, 2010

Please take a minute to go look at adults normal, educated and diplomatic communication in regard to all these issues being "communicated" in and around our little cozy P-Town.

We are a supposed "Community Of Character" and we express our opinions and behave like little uneducated back woods children, or more like little lab rats.

This strategy of adults hurling insults, belittling one another and the sheer insane back woods rhetorical thinking and expressing opinions and communicating, or lack thereof, on most important issues within our town in this manner, is nothing short of embarrassing and Pathetic.

"Community of Character" is written all over our schools people, Our children are taught basic values and elementary kids are taught effective non violent communication (NVC) in the trues form, however the adults in this community conduct themselves and behave like savage beasts.

P.U.S.D. The "Community of Character and T.R.I.B.E.S taught in the PUSD schools are very DEM-Liberal based concepts and teachings, so NO WONDER why the parents here simply can NOT grasp any form of the concepts that their first through 5th grade children are learning and are held accountable to.

Really, really Pathetic people!

Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Mar 30, 2010 at 11:20 pm

embarrassing, pathetic, lab rats, insane back woods thinking

sounds like another anonymous poster "hurling insults". physician, heal thyself.

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Mar 31, 2010 at 11:36 am

oh

Posted by Dana
on Mar 31, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I agree, and when I have something not specific to Pleasanton that I'd like to post, I do it on one of the other forums.
I don't think this forum is representative of Pleasanton, but there are a few very negative people who post often.
When people post a concern here, those few immediately criticize them for having a concern. Their purpose on this forum is to shame others.
For instance, if a person posted a concern about constantly barking dogs left outside in backyards in their neighborhood, one of the negativistas would reply like this;
"It's weirdos like you that make me embarrassed to live in Pleasanton. All you do is whine and waste your time complaining. Get over it, loser."
I don't understand the motivation of the people who patrol this site in order to post comments like that.
On other sites, people respond with respect and helpful information. For whatever reason, in Pleasanton, courteous people aren't drawn to this site. I know they're are out there.

Posted by Community of Character, really?
a resident of Amador Estates
on Mar 31, 2010 at 1:05 pm

@jimf01,

You jst do not "get it" and you likely never will, that is sad Jim.
You would last 2.1 minutes in an educated and civil open public forum of intelligent people Jim,sad indeed and we will prat for you brother Jim and more specifically, we will pray for any family that you may be "guiding" into this darkness of yours good brother. We love you and forgive you for your lack of understanding and or ability to express in any manner of substance here and in your life brother Jim.

P.S. Thank you for not being "anonymous" jimf01, wow! Want to personally me me down town for coffee brother Jim,let's do it my man! Really, I will tell you where and when and I am so game!

Thank you Dana and shame is the name here for reasons that we well know, these people were raised with shame and carry most toxic shame into their families and our community, most sadly. This is all their parents knew, all they know and all their children and their children will know. It's a very vicious and toxic spiritual malady and in the name of God no less!

Posted by Life Long Republican
on Mar 31, 2010 at 7:29 pm

jimf01 is from Tracy - not Pleasanton.

He is a conservative Republican who posts on the Pleasanton Weekly board. The reason I know that is that he posted a "difficult" message about health care in response to my comments about how our family has endured financial harship with medical costs....he posted a link to his blog. I don't know how to link it here but it is under the topic of medical bankruptcy, about 3 pages back on these boards.

As I said, I have been a life-long Republican (a registered Independent as of a month ago) but I am more a fan of David Frum - a Republican who thinks.

I was very dismayed by jimf01's comments because they were severe -
I have had a lot of difficulty obtaining health insurance and it has been a strain for our family. But...as it turns out....jim is not from Pleasanton after all...perhaps the nasty people on this board are from other towns as well - and perhaps we Pleasantonians are indeed a community of character.

Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Mar 31, 2010 at 9:20 pm

No thanks, btw, I prefer TEA

Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Mar 31, 2010 at 9:23 pm

And despite LLR and others efforts to discourage me (believe me you, others with a sharper rap have come and gone from here), I am more than proud to have brought some important issues and discussion to this board.
And I am fairly certain the PW is grateful for the additional traffic that has come to this section of the website.

Posted by Community of Character, really?
a resident of Amador Estates
on Apr 1, 2010 at 4:32 am

@Life Long Republican,

I clearly remember the whole thread and yes regardless of where Jimf01 is from, he is a poster child for mindless nastiness that has no place in our town, no place in any town for that matter. Very odd thinking and most offensive communication.

"once again, glad to see I am becoming so well known, even to the point of people checking up on my personal story and offering me free cups of coffee!

No thanks, btw, I prefer TEA"

I feel very sorry for this person,clearly an angry,closed and toxic individual at best. If this person is parenting I truly feel sad.

Sue can spout of rhetoric, but to much of an pansy to meet in person for coffee and dialogue.

A true sense of the term, Minion! Axis Community Heath Care offers low cost treatment for malady's such as Jims and I am so greastful that my tax dollars go to good use whe treating those in deperate need of such.

Posted by Life Long Republican
on Apr 1, 2010 at 10:35 am

I'm wondering if Embarcadero Publishing is playing with us in their forums. It wouldn't surprise me if jmf01 might be on the staff and posting contoversial comments to increase activity here. If anything like that was occuring, it would not be ethical.

So, Jim, are you associated with Embarcadero? Can you say you're not?

Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Apr 1, 2010 at 10:55 am

I can say I am not. I can say I am. If someone is suspicious of me, what does it matter what I say? (I am not)

If a protester in front of the Capitol is accused falsely of spitting or using the N word toward a Congressman, and that protester was planted there by Democrats or labor unions to inflame a phony issue, what do we have?
If a poster here says that some other person should not be saying this or that, what do we have?

Why have the majority of the things you have posted as LLR centered on me and who I am or am not?

Posted by Life Long Republican
on Apr 1, 2010 at 11:57 am

Like others, I was thinking this was a forum by and for Pleasantonians. Not so.

Just a reality check.

Posted by Community of Character, really?,
a resident of Amador Estates
on Apr 2, 2010 at 4:46 am

"What we have is people will eventually learn that there are those who will discuss an issue honestly, and there are those who will just attack the people opposed to them. I confess to occasionally being drawn into those attacks and I am not terribly proud of that."

@jimf01

Thjank YOU brother, we truly are a one people whe it comes down to it, so Thank You man!

PEACE

Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Apr 2, 2010 at 8:58 am

And accordingly, you would say, as a peaceful loving brother, that the use of terms embarrassing, pathetic, lab rats, insane back woods thinking is not a way to treat your brother, nor is it to rip into someone as uneducated and lacking understanding?