Obama theft!!!

Original post made by Commie, Another Pleasanton neighborhood, on Mar 28, 2010

A very timely message.....one we should all heed.

The Dinner Roll..

Once upon a time I was invited to the White House for a private dinner with the President.

I am a respected businessman, with a factory that produces memory chips for computers and portable electronics.

There was some talk that my industry was being scrutinized by the administration, but I paid it no mind.  I live in a FREE country.  There's nothing that the government can do to me if I've broken no laws.  My wealth was EARNED honestly, and an invitation to dinner with an American Presidentis an honor.

I checked my coat, was greeted by the Chief of Staff, and joined the President in a yellow dining room.  We sat across from each other at a table draped in white linen.  The Great Seal was embossed on the china.  Uniformed staff served our dinner.

The meal was served, and I was startled when my waiter suddenly reached out, plucked a dinner roll off my plate and began nibbling it as he walked back to the kitchen..

"Sorry 'bout that," said the President. "Andrew is very hungry."

"I don't appreciate..." I began, but as I looked into the calm brown eyes across from me, I felt immediately guilty and petty.  It was just a dinner roll. "Of course," I concluded, and reached for my glass.

Before I could, however, another waiter reached forward, took the glass away and swallowed the wine in a single gulp.  "And his brother, Eric, is very thirsty," said the President.

I didn't say anything.  The President is testing my compassion, I thought.  I withheld my comments and decided to play along.  I don't want to seem unkind..

My plate was whisked away before I had tasted a bite.

"Eric's children are also quite hungry."

With a lurch, I crashed to the floor.  My chair had been pulled out from under me. I stood, brushing myself off angrily, and watched as it was carried from the room.

"And their grandmother can't stand for long."

I excused myself, smiling outwardly, but inside feeling like a fool.  Obviously I had been invited to the White House to be sport for some game.  I reached for my coat, to find that it had been taken. I turned back to the President.

"Their grandfather doesn't like the cold."

I wanted to shout, "that was my coat!"  But again, I looked at the placid smiling face of my host and decided I was being a poor sport.  I spread my hands helplessly and chuckled. Then I felt my hip pocket and realized my wallet was gone.  I excused myself and walked to a phone on an elegant side table.

I learned shortly that my credit cards had been maxed out, my bank accounts emptied, my retirement and equity portfolios had vanished, and my wife had been thrown out of our home.

Apparently, the waiters and their families were moving in.  The President hadn't moved or spoken as I learned all this, but finally I lowered the phone into its cradle and turned to face him.

"Andrew's whole family has made bad financial decisions.  They haven't planned for retirement and they need a house.  They recently defaulted on a subprime mortgage.  I told them they could have your home.  They need it more than you do."

My hands were shaking.  I felt faint I stumbled back to the table and knelt on the floor. The President cheerfully cut his meat, ate his steak, and drank his wine.  I lowered my eyes and stared at the small grey circles on the tablecloth that were water drops.

"By the way," he added, "I have just signed an Executive Order nationalizing your factories. I'm firing you as head of your business.  I'll be operating the firm now for the benefit of all mankind. There's a whole bunch of Erics and Andrews out there and they can't come to you for jobs groveling like beggars...we need to spread YOUR wealth around..."

I looked up.  The President dropped his spoon into the empty ramekin which had been hiscrème Brule. He drained the last drops of his wine.  As the table was cleared, he lit a cigarette and leaned back in his chair. He stared at me.  I clung to the edge of the table as if it were a ledge and I were a man hanging over an abyss.

I thought of the years behind me, of the life I had lived.  The life I had earned with a lifetime of work, risk and struggle. Why was I punished?  How had I allowed it to be taken?  What game had I played and lost?  I looked across the table and noticed with some surprise that there was no game board between us.

What had I done wrong?

As if answering the unspoken thought, President Obama suddenly cocked his head, locked his empty eyes to mine, and bared a million teeth, chuckling wryly as he folded his hands.

"You should have stopped me at the dinner roll," he said.

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!
~~

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Mar 28, 2010 at 3:48 pm

who been had the dinner roll?

Posted by Um...
a resident of Castlewood
on Mar 28, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Aside from making me hungry for dinner, your story doesn't do much for me. Tell you what, why don't you list all the things that the White House has actually taken from you in the past year.

Beside flak, that is.

I bet you can count them on no hands!

Still, don't let that stop your hysteria...

Posted by Rat Turd
on Mar 28, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Um,

You make me laugh. Just how do you believe all of this spending will be paid for? It will be paid for with massive tax increases on all americans and I do not mean just the high income earners. Anytime you see any city or state service go up it is a tax of some type. How much does it cost to cross the bay now in toll? You are correct on one front, he has not been able to get much done so for that I guess we should be thankful until the last couple of weeks.

Posted by Um
a resident of Castlewood
on Mar 28, 2010 at 6:57 pm

I know from watching you on other threads that I'm probably wasting my time asking, but could you please point me to a legitimate objective source that shows these "massive tax increases on all americans?"

A legitimate

objective

source

Posted by Pleasanton Mom for Truth
on Mar 28, 2010 at 7:22 pm

Bay tolls are Obama's fault!?
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Posted by xcowboy2
on Mar 29, 2010 at 9:15 am

Hey just came across this. Author is Richard Gleaves
More of his parables are at
richardgleaves.blogspot.com

Posted by Mary
a resident of Country Fair
on Mar 29, 2010 at 9:26 am

I do not know about bridge tolls but I can tell you I work at AT&T and our monthly premiums and copay are going to go up because of this Obamacare. It was mentioned in our start meeting this morning.

Posted by Another perspective
on Mar 29, 2010 at 11:00 am

Mary,

So instead of being mad at AT&T for choosing to pass rising costs along to you instead of absorbing them, you blame Obama? Why should anyone care anyway. You have access to health care where as so many do not. You also have the security of being on a group policy where others do not. I'm having trouble drumming up any sympathy for you.

Posted by dont twist it
a resident of Beratlis Place
on Mar 29, 2010 at 11:18 am

Mary wasn't looking for sympathy nor blaming Obama,,, AT&T attributed the increase to ObamaCare. just 1 more way you will pay more and more for this piece of legislation. Or as Um asked for, something the White House has actually taken from us.

Posted by Mary
a resident of Country Fair
on Mar 29, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I mean they were honest about it and all and just said that they were going to need to pass on the increasing costs of care brought on by the bill. They said it would be a fortune and all major corporations will have to pass on the costs to us (employees) and the consumer.

Posted by Marx and Spencer
a resident of Laguna Vista
on Mar 29, 2010 at 3:13 pm

don't twist it wrote: "you are really REALLY dumb if you think corporations are altruistically going to absorb the increased costs. It is called fiduciary duty to stockholders and making a profit in free enterprise, i.e. the real world"

Good point. The real problem here is corporate behavior. Under the old rule, 22% of many companies' health-care costs were paid by government subsidies--in other words, those companies really paid 78% of the costs. Okay, fine. But those companies could then write off 100% of the money (even the 22% they received from the govt) on their taxes as expenditure. HCR closed that loophole, and now companies can only write off real expenses, not subsidies (i.e. they can only write off the 78% they actually paid themselves).

It is unfortunate that businesses used this loophole for profit for many years and now that it's closed, they're passing the pain onto their employees. THIS is why oversight and regulation are necessary. THIS is why the govt needs to protect Americans from corporate greed.

Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Mar 29, 2010 at 3:37 pm

The real problem you point out is that labyrinth tax code and government regulation are a complete nightmare. A fair/flat tax plan that would eliminate all of this loophole jumping is what is called for.

Corporations, by their very nature, pass all of their expenses and taxes on to their customers and/or employees.

Posted by Rat Turd
on Mar 29, 2010 at 3:48 pm

A flat tax on every person and corporations income without any deductions of any type would be the way to go. It will not happen because attorneys and accountants are probably in the pockets of our elected officials. Would be fair though, because everyone would contribute equally.

Posted by Another perspective
on Mar 29, 2010 at 7:48 pm

don't twist it,

I know Mary is blaming Obama because she used the slur you all use to describe HCR, Obamacare. No one's calling it that but you guys, unless Mary is just woefully uninformed and thinks it's really called that.

My point was that no one is willing to put any moral expectations on these corporations. Yet, when the government does something in the best interests of the majority of people, you act as though you've been personally targeted by the government for punishment. The company you work for still has a choice as to how they handle those extra costs.

I am well aware of the lack of altruism corporations have, you seem to have accepted it though and that's just sad. You think I'm dumb because I think these people, protected by paper, should behave morally and responsibly in our society? Well, drone on with your bad self.

Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Mar 29, 2010 at 8:16 pm

No one's calling it that

except for the hundreds of news organizations and blogs you see if you search google news for ObamaCare, including the Washington Post and Vanity Fair, just on the first page of results.

no one is willing to put any moral expectations on these corporations

that is simply false, ObamaCare is the biggest forced charity program in decades, if ever, if that isn't putting moral expectations on corporations, I don't know what is.
Did you also know that these same corporations do not have to legally offer health benefits? I would say they are doing the moral thing by doing that

the government does something in the best interests of the majority of people

also false, though it is somewhat subjective in the context you use, this is not in the best interests of anyone. It is possible to accomplish every goal Obama has stated re heath care without a need for this extreme overreach of federal authority, a trillion dollar program with 2000+ pages of legislative language that will create giant new bureaucracies, etc.

You think I'm dumb because I think these people...should behave morally and responsibly

Well that is utterly ridiculous, and of course you have to ignore the bit about fiduciary responsibility to stockholders. The corporations have the responsibility to respond to changes in law and report to stockholders on how it affects the corporation, but of course in your twisting of the statement, you ignore that entire aspect of it.

Posted by Pleasanton Mom for Truth
on Mar 29, 2010 at 8:17 pm

"...drone on with your bad self" may be the best thing I have ever read on these forums. Kudos!

Posted by Rat Turd
on Mar 29, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Mary is right! the costs are just going to be passed on to everyone else and it is up to you if you want to call it a tax or not. This is the only thing Obama has done in the last year worth mentioning and to do it he has had to sacrafice his own party to the slaughter in the next elections. The Republicans could not have planned it better if they had done it themselves. Go Barack!!!

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Mar 29, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Stacey is a registered user.

The costs are already passed onto everyone else who has insurance. That's partly why the rates keep going up. Hospitals keep raising their prices with the insurance companies to recover costs related to charity care.