More Madness - Walnut Creek

Original post made by Reefer Madness, another community, on Feb 25, 2010

I'm still trying to figure out how a municipality gets authority from the federal government. I was not aware that cities had the financial responsibility of the enforcement of federal laws.

This story contains 263 words.

If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.

If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.

Like this comment
Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Feb 25, 2010 at 5:42 pm

jimf01 is a registered user.

I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a miiidniiight toker

Like this comment
Posted by Wayne
a resident of Dublin
on Feb 26, 2010 at 8:50 am

The conservatives are coming the conservatives are coming.

By Bernd Debusmann

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Here's a stern warning to the U.S. states of Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington. A United Nations body is displeased with your liberal medical marijuana laws. Very displeased.

Web Link

Like this comment
Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Feb 26, 2010 at 1:41 pm

if you wanna smoke then smoke...don't tell me about it because i don't wanna know...if you do tell me and give me the details, i'll report you...problem solved!

Like this comment
Posted by Reefer Madness
a resident of another community
on Feb 26, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Uniquely American to re-brand a failed policy like "don't ask don't tell".

You would actually file a false police report on someone you knew to be a medical marijuana patient.

Your problems would likely be starting not solved.
Web Link

Like this comment
Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Feb 28, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Tell everybody who you are, where you live and when you get high and I'll call the cops...try me! Ping!

Like this comment
Posted by Reefer Madness
a resident of Dublin
on Mar 1, 2010 at 9:16 am

I talked to the police the last time a neighbor called them to report stinky plants wafting over their fence. Police saw the plant, told my neighbor I wasn't violating any laws. They didn't even verify my patient status. Pretending you understand something isn't the best way to argue your point.

BTW It was the Pleasanton Police.