Handyman service anyone??

Original post made by Help Needed on Dec 3, 2009

Does anyone know of a good handyman service here in Pleasanton? If so do you also know what their hourly rates are? I need some stuff done around the house and would love to have my Christmas lights hung up also. There are a lot of handyman companies online but not sure which one to choose. If you have used one and love or hate it let me know.

Posted by T.H., a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Dec 3, 2009 at 6:30 pm

I have tried Honey-Do and Helpful Husband personally. Honey-Do was a nightmare pretty much but I can't say enough good things about Helpful Husband. They have always showed up on time, done a great job and charge less than anyone else I called. I think their website is helpfulhusband.com, but I originally found them on Yelp. Good luck with whomever you go with but I'd give HH a call first.

Posted by Doug, a resident of Amador Estates
on Dec 3, 2009 at 11:07 pm

I have used Wayne Ogden and John konopka. There 2 simple men just looking for work. You can contact Wayne at 925 202 8257

Posted by Jerry, a resident of Oak Hill
on Dec 3, 2009 at 11:57 pm

Whom ever you choose, be sure they have Workers Comp Insurance. If not and they injure themselves while in your employment you could lose the farm...

That's fact, not fiction...

Posted by D, a resident of Castlewood
on Dec 4, 2009 at 7:41 am

CALL SERVICE RESPONDERS 925-999-9999 LOCAL PLEASANTON COMPANY. GREAT WORK ETHICS.

Posted by hybrid owner, a resident of Valley Trails
on Dec 4, 2009 at 8:29 am

Rick Decker - 925-362-3150.

Posted by RB, a resident of Birdland
on Dec 4, 2009 at 8:48 am

My husband and I can vouch for Rick Decker, he has always done great work for us. Great work ethic and always a job well done.

Posted by Nosy Neighbors, a resident of Pleasanton Heights
on Dec 4, 2009 at 8:57 am

When in doubt, Yelp em' out. Make sure to look & see how many reviews the business (handyman in this case) has & especially the amount of Yelping activity the reviewers have produced. Not many "reputable" handyman reviews in the Tri-Valley area but the Handsome Handyman out of Oakland seems to be the top vote getter.

Posted by SSS, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Dec 4, 2009 at 10:30 am

Rick Decker of S & R Services (925-462-3150) has been a knowledgeable, effective, efficient, responsible, and reasonable handyman. He has worked for three families on our block over the years, all of whom have been pleased with his work. There probably isn't a good reason to look out of town for a handyman when there are great local people.

Posted by LiveStrong, a resident of Avila
on Dec 4, 2009 at 8:53 pm

As mentioned above...make sure they are licensed and have insurance or YOU foot the bill....sad but true

Posted by DrDavid, a resident of Downtown
on Dec 5, 2009 at 10:06 pm

I use a guy named Francisco. Hard worker, very reasonable rates, good man. 925-784-2926

Posted by forex robot, a resident of Ridgeview Commons
on Dec 6, 2009 at 12:55 am

good article as usual!

Posted by T.H., a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Dec 7, 2009 at 9:24 am

Nobody is posting the hourly rates they have paid. For P-Towners that have hired a handyman what are you paying? $50 an hour for Helpful Husband and I think it was $65 for Honey-Do.

Posted by steve, a resident of Lydiksen Elementary School
on Dec 7, 2009 at 7:35 pm

I to have used Wayne Ogden And John Konopka on several occasions. They are 2 great guys and the workmanship is excellent. They have done alot of work throughout my neighborhood and can do anything you need done. Always satisfied and happy. They are also local here in pleasanton. You can reach Wayne at: 925-202-8257 or John at: 925-918-3944

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.